ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The late Johnny Cash and the immortal Keef playing "Big River"
7th Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York City - January 15, 1992
By Mark Seliger - with thanks to... me LOL

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones DVD news !!!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-23-03 08:18 PM
Mr T 6 weeks til it comes out - We'll have to know officially if its true pretty soon then. The Euro tour is wrapping up. I'd imagine they start announcing stuff shortly after that's over
09-23-03 08:48 PM
Boomy Steel Wls at Keno's Gas x3 reported that a DVD titled "Four Stones" is slated for release on November 11th.

Here is a link. It lists all of their dvd's on it, with the "Four Stones" included:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/102-7578147-9130553

09-23-03 10:55 PM
goatshead Unfortunately, I don't think that is the right CD as "Four Stones" is listed at only $20.99.
09-24-03 12:10 AM
axl87 All the record stores in Australia have the release slated for November 5th. So i can tell you it is fair dinkum !!!

Even a http://www.spincds.com/#C/DC(an English site) has it listed for release.
09-24-03 02:07 AM
Mr T "All the record stores in Australia have the release slated for November 5th. So i can tell you it is fair dinkum !!!

Even a http://www.spincds.com/#C/DC(an English site) has it listed for release."

this news is starting to sound better now

hopefully there's an official statement soon
09-24-03 03:03 AM
axl87 Apart from speaking to many record store over the phone, who also confirmed the DVD release. Here are just a few internet site in Australia which are selling the DVD, including 'Roadshow Entertainment'. You cant get more official than the actual distributor.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/224769
http://centre.net.au/ROLLING_STONES___LIVE_LICKS_DVD_0006MW.html
http://www.roadshow.com.au/village_category.asp?txtCatalog=DVD&txtCategory=R (Official Roadshow internet site)
http://www.hmv.com.au/v4/product/dvd.asp?sku=896672
http://www.fbo.com.au/movie.asp?ID=10080
09-24-03 11:09 AM
Boomy Maybe this is just an Australian release?

And, is it authorized? Have you heard about it on the radio, tv, etc...besides seeing it on a website?
09-24-03 06:45 PM
balk There was also new on Dutch radio about this release yesterday, mentioning it was confirmed but cannot find anything on it either.

I would love to see a release like this, but what is mentioned is TECHNICALLY IMPOSSIBLE, meaning the camera angles. It means that the entire concert meaning 120 minutes approx is about 6 times on the disc and 6 times 2 different audiotracks or 4 if they are both DTS and 5.1 so IMPOSSIBLE!! Why do you think that many concert DVD's on;y have multi angles on a few songs?!!? Simply �ause it costst too much disc space. Also the shows were just filmed a month ago, they have to be mixed in 5.1. edited etc. and they are still on tour so it would be VERY hard to reach the november deadline!

I truely doubt this release as it is FAR FROM COMMERCIAL to release 4 DVD's and with seperate pacakging at such a relatively LOW price tag.

Let's wait 'till the official announcement.
09-24-03 09:20 PM
Daethgod well i just pre-ordered the new DVD thru ezy.dvd.com.au
i have dealt with them in the past.

Bring It On !!!111111

09-24-03 11:35 PM
corgi37 It may be that all the features described are not on every disc, hence thats perhaps why they can fit all the info in. Say, just the theatre show has "Charlie" cam, and just the arena show has "stone" cam. I doubt it will be a Aussie only release as we poor bastards wouldnt be so lucky to get one over on our yank mates. Maybe its just that, say, the U.K. and U.S. havent mentioned it yet cause they are pre-occupied with Robbie Williams and J-lo respectively? Oh, and what the hell happened to the doco that Michael Apted was making?? I wonder if this is part of it? I thought he would be more inclined to make a doco closer to, say, Gimme Shelter, than just a straight music dvd. Daethgod, i think i will wait for the release date and get it from JB. They are always cheaper. Oh, by the way, i still got my pics from "our" show. I was going to send them to you ages ago, but you seemed to vanish for a bit. Give me your email, then your address (if you like) and i will put them on disc for you. Some are pretty good, but nothing really outstanding.
09-26-03 03:58 PM
sandrew Sounds bogus to me. "Outdoor Arena" and "Stadium"? Someone made those categories up, and didn't do a very good job at it.
09-27-03 01:05 PM
Monkey Woman This is more interesting: according to the french fan club (Club des Stones, http://www.sympathyforthedevils.com/ ), a 4 DVD set is annouced for world release on November 10th, with the title "Four Flicks". The whole concept of the tour will be respected, with 1 DVD for the arena show (MSG, NY, 1-18-03), 1 for the stadium (Twickenham, UK, 8-24-03) and 1 for the club show (Paris Olympia, 7-11-03) plus a bonus DVD comprising 2 documentaries and bonus clips. These include collaborations with Sheryl Crow, Solomon Burke, Angus and Malcolm Young (AC/DC), and (hold your breath!) 2 unreleased songs recorded at the Guillaume Tell studio in Suresnes (near Paris, France) in may/june 2002! More info later.

Here's the original bit of news from their site:

"Le coffret quatre DVD qui couvre le Forty Licks tour, est annonc� en sortie mondiale pour le 10 novembre, et s�intitulera �Four Flicks�. Le concept de la tourn�e est respect�, avec un DVD reprenant un concert en arena (Madison Square Garden, New York, NY, USA, le 18 janvier 2003), un DVD pour le concert en stade (Twickenham Stadium, Londres, Angleterre, le 24 ao�t 2003), et un DVD pour le show en club (Olympia, Paris, France, le 11 juillet 2003), soit plus de cinq heures de musique, et plus de cinquante chansons diff�rentes. Enfin, un quatri�me DVD proposera deux films documentaires. Parmi les bonus, nous retrouverons des morceaux live avec Sheryl Crow, Solomon Burke, Angus et Malcolm Young (du groupe AC/DC), et surtout, deux titres in�dits, enregistr�s au studio Guillaume Tell � Suresnes (France) en mai-juin 2002. Plus d�informations prochainement."

09-27-03 01:59 PM
UGot2Rollme Monkey Woman just gave me an erection with that news!

only regret is that I was at the MSG show and have the tape, so would prefer a different one... but..
YCAGWYW!!!
09-27-03 03:03 PM
Monkey Woman Whoah! Back down, tiger! LOL
This board is having a strong influence on the sex life of many of us, lately! Is this a new trend?
09-27-03 03:08 PM
Gazza You make Gazza masturbate!
09-27-03 04:43 PM
UGot2Rollme with the inspiration of Monkey Woman's 2nd to last post,
I am now listening to the MSG Jan 18 show... you got 2 roll me is playing at this moment, but I grooved earlier to Let it Bleed which was my personal highlight of the night :along with Midnight Rambler and Gimme Shelter: anyway,

I think we should just be thankful that we are all on the same planet at the same time and can all share in the joy that is the Rolling Stones live....
09-27-03 05:39 PM
MarthaMyDear Shit... I sure do hope the "collaboration with Solomon Burke" does NOT include seeing me making a fucking fool of myself dancing onstage during his performance at the Wiltern!!! It's fun to say you did that but another fucking matter to see your silly ass up there!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This makes me officially take time off from masturbating... RONNIE!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I DO wish I had jumped-around more and made a complete ass of myself at the Twickenham show, though, as I was there and I do remember everyone doing that whilst the camera was panning across the crowd before the show, etc.!!! SHIT!!! Missed being a fool then!!! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would MUCH rather see myself at that particular show, if any!!! Cringe... lol............................. Pray I'm not on the Wiltern Solomon Burke footage, RONNIE!!! Ugh... lol............. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INFO., PEOPLE!!!!!!! I'll be getting this ASAP!!!!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

*** Martha ***
09-28-03 03:32 AM
egon it's my birthday in november
09-28-03 05:05 AM
Chelsea Drugstore
quote:
sandrew wrote:
Sounds bogus to me. "Outdoor Arena" and "Stadium"? Someone made those categories up, and didn't do a very good job at it.

09-28-03 05:08 AM
Chelsea Drugstore
quote:
Chelsea Drugstore wrote:

For people only familiar with the US stadiums: In Europe we have outdoor arenas. Smaller than a stadium and only roofed for the stands. So to not confuse with US arenas which are only indoor it's called outdoor arena here!
09-28-03 04:01 PM
sandrew I understand that, Chelsea, but the point remains: There's no "indoor" show on the phantom DVD list. There's "outdoor arena" and "stadium" - no arena as we Americans understand the term.

Which is why I think the info is bogus.
09-28-03 09:11 PM
Daethgod http://www.sympathyforthedevils.com/news_dvd_4flicks.htm

tracklisting and info on new tracks

09-28-03 11:18 PM
sandrew Now, THAT'S more like it. The track listing from the Australian link was ridiculous...
Page: 1 2