ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The late Johnny Cash and the immortal Keef playing "Big River"
7th Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York City - January 15, 1992
By Mark Seliger - with thanks to... me LOL

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones DVD news !!!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-13-03 08:52 AM
Daethgod found this on an Aussie DVD site !!

The Rolling Stones' 2003-2004 World Tour has already become legend: A massive spectacle and a triumphant celebration of everything their legacy is built on. The 'Live Licks' DVD is as much of an event as the Rolling Stones tour shows themselves, and every element of the individual discs reflect the unique nature of each show. In every respect each element of the DVD relates to the tour itself, making 'Live Licks' the ultimate souvenir for anyone who attended the shows and the ideal consolation for anyone who didn't !
Viewing Options
Allows the viewer to decide, via a seating chart, where he or she wants to watch the show from. By selecting from an on screen chart during the show you can select from the following angles.
- Non interactive, fully-edited show
- On-stage/Charlie Cam; uses shots from stage-mounted cameras only and a static camera on Charlie Watts' drum riser. - 360 degree on-stage view; a new technology which allows the viewer to control the full rotation of an on-stage camera.
- Crowd view; Static camera shot from in the audience.
- JumboTron view (on New York & Amsterdam shows only); the show as it was prjected on the screens, including all graphics and animation.
- Select-A-Stone MX Multi-Angle "control booth" view; each band member has a camera fixed on him. The fill-motion shots are displayed in real-time picture-in-picture boxes along the bottom of the screen. Viewers can bring any shot full-screen at any time during the performance.
- VIP Access; during breaks in the set, a "backstage pass" icon appears, offering the option of following the band members backstage between sets, etc.

In addition, there will be hidden features that can only be accessed using codes that will be unveiled over time on rollingstones.com, including: rehearsal tracks, songs from opening acts, parking lot footage ...

Disc One: The Theatre
The Theatre show package reflects the intimate artistic setting of a small venue. Like theatre seats, the DVD cas is covered in red velvet, with a brass 'Lips' logo afixed to the cover. The booklet reflects the mood of the show by arraning black & white art photos in an elegant and austere layout.

Disc Two: The Stadium
This package relfects the modern sports stadium and the slickness of the Madison Square Garden show. The case is covered in brushed metal with a lenticular panel showing a flashing 'Lips' logo as it would appear on a scoreboard. The photos and memoribilia in the booklet are reproduced in bright, saturated colours to convey the electricity of the stadium show.

Disc Three: The Outdoor Arena
The third package is covered in a textured faux-concreate, miichking the architecture of a giant outdoor arena, with the 'Lips' logo speay-painted on in safety-yellow paint. To convey the graduer and spectacle of a show this size, the book contains sevceral wide shots of the filled arena. Close-up photos are shown as video grabs from the arena screens.

Disc Four: The Documentary

Special Features / Bonus Material

1 JUMPING JACK FLASH (1)
2 LIVE WITH ME (1)
3 NEIGBOURS (1)
4 HAND OF FATE (1)
5 NO EXPECTATIONS (1)
6 BEAST OF BOURBON (1)
7 STRAY CAT BLUES (1)
8 (TBC)
9 EVERYBODY NEEDS SOMEBODY TO LOVE (1)
10 THAT'S HOW STRONG MY LOVE IS (1)
11 GOING TO A GO GO (1)
12 (TBC)
13 YOU DON'T HAVE TO MEAN IT (1)
14 CAN'T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING (1)
15 ROCK ME BABY (1)
16 (TBC)
17 HONKY TONK WOMEN (1)
18 START ME UP (1)
19 BROWN SUGAR (1)
20 TUMBLING DICE (1)
21 STREET FIGHTING MAN (2)
22 IT'S ONLY ROCK N ROLL (2)
23 IF YOU CAN'T ROCK ME (2)
24 DON'T STOP (2)
25 LIVE WITH ME (2)
26 WILD HORSES (2)
27 LOVING CUP (2)
28 ROCKS OFF (2)
29 RIP THIS JOINT (2)
30 TUMBLING DICE (2)
31 THRU AND THRU (2)
32 BEFORE THEY MAKE ME RUN (2)
33 LOVE TRAIN (2)
34 START ME UP (2)
35 HONKY TONK WOMEN (2)
36 CAN'T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING (2)
37 SATISFACTION (2)
38 MANNISH BOY (2)
39 SHATTERED (2)
40 BROWN SUGAR (2)
41 SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL (2)
42 JUMPING JACK FLASH (2)
43 STREET FIGHTING MAN (3)
44 IF YOU CAN'T HEAR ME (3)
45 IT'S ONLY ROCK N ROLL (3)
46 DON'T STOP (3)
47 STRAY CAT BLUES (3)
48 WILD HORSES (3)
49 LOVING CUP (3)
50 ROCKS OFF (3)
51 RIP THIS JOINT (3)
52 TUMBLING DICE (3)
53 SLIPPING AWAY (3)
54 HAPPY (3)
55 LOVE TRAIN (3)
56 UNDERCOVER OF THE NIGHT (3)
57 CAN'T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING (3)
58 HONKY TONK WOMEN (3)
59 SATISFACTION (3)
60 MANNISH BOY (3)
61 NEIGHBOURS (3)
62 BROWN DUGAR (3)
63 SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL (3)
64 JUMPING JACK FLASH (3)
5.1 SURROUND "CROWD MIX'
COMMENTARY TRACK FROM THE BAND

... what no 'Worried Bout You' ??? the versions i have heard of that song are awesome...
09-13-03 08:53 AM
Daethgod pricing info :

Catalogue: 1040639
Format: DVD
Released: 4 Nov 2003
Label: ROADSHOWVIDEO

AUD $109.99 (Incl. GST)
~ USD $67.88 GST
~ GBP �42.99 GST

09-13-03 09:14 AM
steel driving hammer So when can I take this bastard right off the shelf ?
09-13-03 09:35 AM
full moon Worried About You will be on the Theatre DVD ( I hope)....
09-13-03 09:40 AM
Boomy Sounds great!

How about if you release a DVD of all of your videos, too!
09-13-03 09:43 AM
marko Beast of bourbon and if you can�t hear me? new songs?
LOL!
09-13-03 09:47 AM
Boomy Yes. LOL
09-13-03 02:14 PM
Paulcarr87 Judging by the song list here, that looks to be 1 club show and 2 arena shows, I don't see the stadium setlist in there anywhere?

Paul

09-13-03 04:30 PM
full moon It is called " made up".......
09-13-03 05:36 PM
jopo a bit too good to be true yes

all those differnet camera angles for ALL songs would not be able to fit into those DVDs anyway ...
09-13-03 08:03 PM
Daethgod not so sure this is 'made up'
here is the link

http://www.hmv.com.au/v4/product/dvd.asp?sku=896672

09-13-03 08:27 PM
Boomy I'm wondering. If they do release a four DVD set, and it costs that much, won't they have to get something else out their that will be more marketable?

I don't think too many people will be buying a Rolling Stones DVD set for $60. I'm thinking they will also release the HBO show and possibly release a live album.
09-13-03 09:01 PM
Daethgod a little bit more info here : 'Flicks' has a good ring to it...

Rolling Stones - Live Licks (DVD)
NEW Release
This title will be released November 4th 2003
The Rolling Stones Live Flicks DVD will be the ultimate DVD box for anyone who attended the live shows, and the ideal consolation for anyone who didn't.

This box set will be nothing less than the new benchmark for music DVD. The level of interactivity, the use of technology and the depth of content will combine to make the Live Flicks DVD set the most talked about home vide experience yet.

Four Disc Box Set

Disc One: The Theatre

Release Date: 4/11/2003
Genre: Music
Year of Production: 0
Rating: TBA
Category: Special Interest : Music
Closed Caption: No

09-13-03 09:22 PM
Boomy I'm looking everywhere. I'v looked at all of the internet stores for the big retailers of music and DVD's, and I'm finding nothing.
09-13-03 09:31 PM
Maxlugar I've always wondered what the band does when they, quite suddenly, get up and take a nice break between sets.

Now, with Backstage Pass, I'll finally be there with them as they lounge back stage just hanging out until the next group of songs.

VIVA LA TECHNOLOGY!!!

MACKY!

(Got Game for sure)
09-13-03 09:47 PM
Some Guy I know what I want for my birthday!
09-13-03 09:59 PM
Flashpoint Well the info is pretty good, really...how the DVD's package are is very nice but, of course, since this is not official somethings definitely won't happen...i don't buy it. Jopo i completely agree with you
The stadium show doesn't appear at all and we all know they will release a stadium.And the 2 arenas have the exile theme....come on!
Finally Worried About You , Nearness of You And Can't Turn You Loose can't be dropped (if you pay attention there are all the rest of covers songs they played most in this tour) and there are songs repeated!!!!.. when the purpose of the tour clearly was play as many songs as they can....
09-13-03 11:06 PM
JaggaRichards I'll believe it when I see it the stores.
09-16-03 12:54 AM
corgi37 Hey, Daeth, maybe us Aussies get the dvd first!! Wouldnt that be a shock. Looks bloody fantastic. Who gives a crap whats on it. 1 arena, 2 arena, no stadium, yes stadium..Fuck, why are people whingeing? Its 4 dvd's of love and sex. Oh, and track 62, Brown Dugar!!! Man, i love that song.
09-16-03 01:30 AM
Child of the Moon All I can say is...

... I just want She Smiled Sweetly on there. Or something like that. But mostly that.
09-16-03 08:53 AM
Daethgod yer corgi
mayeb we do get it first !

geez i hope Worried Bout You gets a run

09-16-03 02:49 PM
glencar Let's hope that this is true but that the songs are relisted properly.
09-16-03 06:36 PM
Dan BEASTS OF BOURBON? I love that band and I think it would be great if they finally put a DVD out. Don't know what it has to do with the Stones, but "The Axeman's Jazz" is one of my favorite records.
09-17-03 07:12 AM
Highway Child No "Nearness Of You" on the Theatre DVD ???????
09-17-03 07:23 AM
riffhard64

Posted 09-15-03 10:30 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All I can say is...

... I just want She Smiled Sweetly on there. Or something like that. But mostly that.

ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY!
09-17-03 08:18 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Dan wrote:
BEASTS OF BOURBON?

Ronnie and Keith sing it. It's a duet.

-tSYX --- My bottle's broke, my liver's hurtin'...
09-18-03 06:30 AM
glencar Will this be released in the US?
09-18-03 05:26 PM
Gazza I think you can count on it!

>Disc One: The Theatre

what the hell is an "outdoor arena"? A stadium? This makes no sense - all of the arena shows were indoors
09-19-03 08:44 AM
corgi37 Very poorly worded, but its on the offical HMV site, so it looks real. Could have originated from the Asian HMV HQ (Honkers for example) and sent to the variou regions after that. Without too much spell checking either. Fellow Aussies, maybe pop into JB or Sanity and see if its one their list of upcoming releases. I will try to do so on Sunday and try to let people know. Oh, by the way, I've ordered Cocksucker Blues off Ebay. The guy selling it is from Spain. Its a DVD-R. He's got some great stuff, like Ac/Dc, Dylan and other Stones stuff like the HBO show and Marquee 71. I dont know if i am doing the right thing, it being illegal and all, but hey, I aint never going to get Cocksucker Blues so what the hell. This guy gets good ratings from people, so looks like a genuine seller. Now, i wouldnt have to resort to doing shady deals on the net if the old geezers got their act together and released some shit on dvd. Old shit i mean. Still looking forward to this 4 dvd thingy me bob in November.
09-20-03 10:14 AM
egon on the website you can review the dvd.
i just wrote 'is this for real???'. maybe if we all do this
the will come with some more info...
[Edited by egon]
Page: 1 2