ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: whats wrong with YGMR? Return to archive
October 4th, 2005 12:42 PM
Saint Sway I often read people complaining that YGMR too much. Why?? Whats not to like?? Its gota a Cool riff. Good slide. IMO, its a quality rocker. Certainly one of the more guitar driven tracks they've come out with in the last dozen years.

never understood why people moan about this one? Its not like they're playing ASMB every night. Besides, its good to represent Voodoo & Bridges. It adds some legitimacy to their more recent stuff by acknowledging them.
October 4th, 2005 12:45 PM
Dan Even though its a shocker they are still playing it, its quite possibly one of the consistently best songs in the set of any set for the last several years. I am glad they played it last night. When they didnt play it in Hershey I was afraid it would be gone forever. They should play it every show.
October 4th, 2005 12:46 PM
LeedsLungs71 It's an "OK" song by Stones standards....but with only 21 songs in the setlist, there are so many other great songs that they could be playing.

Out of over 350+ songs in the Stones canon, it is so hard to please everyone, right?

I would take Monkey Man over YGMR anyday!
October 4th, 2005 12:56 PM
egon i like it very much.
live even better than the album
October 4th, 2005 12:59 PM
Moonisup it's a bore.
October 4th, 2005 01:02 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
it's a bore.

I second that.
October 4th, 2005 01:18 PM
ResidentMule I'd like it more it they only played it once in a while. they could switch it up with Love is Strong & Moon is Up and I'd be a lot happier
October 4th, 2005 01:22 PM
ListenToTheLion mediocre song. On ABB you'll find much better rockers.
October 4th, 2005 01:26 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
it's a bore.

Not as boring as Chuck playing keyboards on HTW

I love you got me rocking live, love to sing it whith them
October 4th, 2005 01:54 PM
White House Lawn LOVE IS STRONG is a much better studio track, but it doesn't translate as well in a "live" setting.
October 4th, 2005 02:07 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
White House Lawn wrote:
LOVE IS STRONG is a much better studio track, but it doesn't translate as well in a "live" setting.

Agree!
October 4th, 2005 02:21 PM
texile its just ok - like something keith can come up with in his sleep....doesn't have any fire or passion.
October 4th, 2005 03:44 PM
Gimme Shelter I've always liked it.
October 4th, 2005 05:14 PM
lotsajizz love it...works well live...usually a good barometer as to whether Woodie will be 'on' that night, when he is not 'on' the song drags
October 4th, 2005 05:18 PM
pdog I love the ten minute version with Keith on vocals from the Brew or Stew bootlegs...

October 4th, 2005 05:52 PM
Poplar
Nothing wrong with it.
October 4th, 2005 07:08 PM
Soldatti Average rocker, I don't like the drum sound on the studio version. The song works well on stage.
October 4th, 2005 07:53 PM
exile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Besides, its good to represent Voodoo & Bridges. It adds some legitimacy to their more recent stuff by acknowledging them.

I like it. yes I do.
I think its good to represent Voodoo. good album
Thank God they are not playing fucking "Flip the switch"
October 4th, 2005 08:00 PM
Riffhard I think it is easy to understand why the Stones dig it so much live. It is a perfect stadium anthem cut. When you get 50,000 plus asses out of their seats screaming "Yeah,yeah!" why on earth would you consider dropping it? It's not my favorite tune,but you can't deny the effect that it has a stadium full of people. It always gets the crowd up dancing. Plus the chicks seem to dig it.

Riffy
October 4th, 2005 08:21 PM
Bob Tamp Its a very average song musically. I always cringed at YGMR lyrics as much as SHARKS WILL CRY. Musically ok, but lyrically totally uninspired.
October 4th, 2005 09:24 PM
the good
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I often read people complaining that YGMR too much. Why?? Whats not to like?? Its gota a Cool riff. Good slide. IMO, its a quality rocker. Certainly one of the more guitar driven tracks they've come out with in the last dozen years.

never understood why people moan about this one? Its not like they're playing ASMB every night. Besides, its good to represent Voodoo & Bridges. It adds some legitimacy to their more recent stuff by acknowledging them.

It sounds like a Goddess in the Doorway outake.
October 4th, 2005 10:57 PM
sammy davis jr. As rockers go, it's still one of the best of the last 10 years or so, but isn't nearly as good a song as Love Is Strong, for example. The problem is it's too repetitive, and the chorus lyrically is weak. No wonder they play it live all the time, it's butt easy to play.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)