ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: stones best video Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 4th, 2005 11:37 AM
hotlicks Having just watched the new video for streets of love on vhi......very average. When you think of the great video's they have done in the past...."start me up" and my all time favourite" waiting for a friend". i just wish they would put a little bit more effort into their video's...what's your fav??
[Edited by hotlicks]
October 4th, 2005 11:41 AM
duck she was hot
October 4th, 2005 11:43 AM
Saint Sway yes indeed! When I think of the SMU & Waiting on a Friend videos, the 1st thing that comes to mind is all the effort they put into those two videos.

the effort, the creativity and lets not forget all the coin they must of dropped on those videos.

fantastic stuff!! Yes! Give us more videos like those!!!
October 4th, 2005 11:46 AM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT respectable
October 4th, 2005 11:48 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
duck wrote:
she was hot

my choice too...the first time of my life I ve seen a woman farting like that!
October 4th, 2005 11:59 AM
Gazza best video is also the same as their best single

JUMPIN' JACK FLASH

proof that you dont need pretentiousness and storyboards to make a great music video - in this case, just a little make up and attitude.

I generally like the 'New York' ones - Love is strong, ASMB, Waiting on a Friend

My mate's six year old kid was watching TV the other day and the video for IORR came on. He was almost pissing himself laughing at how funny it was, especially Keith's teeth.

His dad told him that was my favourite band and that I even go to America to see them. So he replies "oh, so they're American?". His dad replies "no, they're British" so the kid looks at him like he's an idiot and says "but if they're from Britain why does he go to America to see them?"

The little shit is far wiser than I am....
October 4th, 2005 12:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

my choice too...the first time of my life I ve seen a woman farting like that!

Same here, but unfortunately not the last!
[Edited by Gazza]
October 4th, 2005 12:01 PM
BILL PERKS WAITING ON A FRIEND & ONE HIT
October 4th, 2005 12:08 PM
lucasd4 Undercover of the Night, One Hit, and Love is Strong
October 4th, 2005 12:09 PM
shakedhandswithkeith worried about you
October 4th, 2005 12:46 PM
Voodoo Scrounge Love is Strong

Thats a great video. Very Clever!
October 4th, 2005 12:47 PM
texile she's so cold because its so frenetic like the song and they were still unpretentious ..but for all time - JJF............. and i love all those some girls videos....
what worried about you video?
October 4th, 2005 12:54 PM
egon love is strong
October 4th, 2005 01:12 PM
Saint Sway One Hit was great

I prefer the more recent videos - even if you cant find them anywhere

some great ones...
Saint Of Me
LARS
LIS
ASMB

and Undercover was a classic for the time.

Wicked As It Seems is probably the all-time best. Even though its technically not a stones video
October 4th, 2005 01:14 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
texile wrote:
she's so cold because its so frenetic like the song and they were still unpretentious

unpretentious???

you're referring to the video where they're in a checkered room jumping around and mugging for the camera, right?
October 4th, 2005 01:30 PM
Jair Waiting on a Friend
Anybody Seen my Baby
Like a Rolling Stone

BTW - Anyone knows what bar is that in Waiting on a Friend?
Many thanks!
October 4th, 2005 01:33 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jair wrote:

BTW - Anyone knows what bar is that in Waiting on a Friend?
Many thanks!

St. Marks Bar & Grill. Or it used to be called that. I think its since changed owners. The bar is still there. But they used to have a mural of the Stones in the corner of the bar where the Stones play at the end of the video but recently they got rid of it. Again, I think its new ownership.
October 4th, 2005 01:59 PM
texile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

unpretentious???

you're referring to the video where they're in a checkered room jumping around and mugging for the camera, right?

yeah! - like mick does all the time.....it was a silly video, looked like they were having fun....
undercover was great because of its topicality and it was ballsy....
October 4th, 2005 02:04 PM
hotlicks no votes for "don't stop"........wonder why !!
October 4th, 2005 03:37 PM
Gimme Shelter They really need to release DVD set with every video they have ever done, like Bowie did a few years back. It would be awesome.
October 4th, 2005 04:04 PM
Madafaka
quote:
hotlicks wrote:
no votes for "don't stop"........wonder why !!

Hahaha! I ask the same!
[Edited by Madafaka]
October 4th, 2005 04:05 PM
James Burton I think Respectable rocks. Mick, Keith and Ron seem to be having a great time. Charlie and Bill look as though they're being tortured.

Worried About You is also fucking great in my eyes. I thought Start Me Up was funny until I saw this and the Hang Fire vid. Brilliant!
October 4th, 2005 04:32 PM
stewed & Keefed JUMPIN JACK FLASH
October 4th, 2005 07:08 PM
stonedinaustralia "respectable" is just hilarious

loved the promo clips for black and blue too
October 4th, 2005 07:32 PM
Soldatti I love almost every clip between 66-97, the best ones are One Hit, IORR, JJF and the three Undercover videos. I love the She's so cold video too.
October 4th, 2005 07:55 PM
doo doo doo Dude "Crazy Mama"
October 4th, 2005 08:02 PM
exile My favourites for

Cool Video:
Love Is Strong
Like a Rolling Stone
One Hit to the Body
Jumping Jack Flash

Cool Stones Video:
She's So Cold
Crazy Mama
Hey Negita (Exect for Mick and Billy's cockdance)
Far Away Eyes

October 4th, 2005 08:08 PM
Riffhard JJF. The whole vibe is so cool. The makeup. The big sunglasses that Brian is sporting. A snapshot of the era for sure.

Riffhard
October 4th, 2005 08:21 PM
PeerQueer Yes JJF is one of the great all time classic videos. The boys look downright dangerous - something they found more difficult to attempt with the passing of time. (Unlike say, J. Cash, who kept that darkness to the very end God bless him!)

Beyond that, One Hit was a great vid too - the anger between Mick and Keith was quite evident, and that was when Keith could still kick some ass and appeared within a whisker of cutting Mick's throat then and there. Methinks Mick would wipe the floor with poor Keith these days.

Love is Strong and Waiting on a Friend would come in close after.

That being said, I found the Streets of Love vid to be pathetic. I don't know who is calling the shots on the PR end, but to not put in some effort for the visual interpretation of the music in this day and age is absolutely poor management. The song, despite the claims of some in here, had some marketability, but that video won't help it one damn bit.

It is a fucking disgraceful video.

Pure shit.
October 4th, 2005 08:23 PM
Bob Tamp always dug the pre-MTV years shit like AINT TO PROUD TO BEG, MR D. etc.
Post 1981 always liked One Hit, and Saint of Me
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)