ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Black Crowes ~ Hurricane Relief Benefit Show ~ FRIDAY Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
October 3rd, 2005 07:38 PM
Saint Sway **Special Benefit Show for Hurricane Katrina Victims**

THE BLACK CROWES
w/very special guests The Drive By Truckers

THIS FRIDAY Oct 7 - Memphis, TN - Mud Island River Park - 8pm

if you are in or around the Memphis, Tennessee please come by and lend your support and enjoy a massive double bill of Southern Fried Freak -n- Roll

fans attending the show are encouraged to donate canned food and clothing to be distributed to Hurricane Katrina Victims.

if you can't attend the show but want to be a true Amorican and support a worthy cause, you can do so here:
http://www.blackcrowes.com/katrina.html

thank you
Sway

October 3rd, 2005 08:46 PM
winter
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
**Special Benefit Show for Hurricane Katrina Victims**

THE BLACK CROWES
w/very special guests The Drive By Truckers

THIS FRIDAY Oct 7 - Memphis, TN - Mud Island River Park - 8pm

if you are in or around the Memphis, Tennessee please come by and lend your support and enjoy a massive double bill of Southern Fried Freak -n- Roll

fans attending the show are encouraged to donate canned food and clothing to be distributed to Hurricane Katrina Victims.

if you can't attend the show but want to be a true Amorican and support a worthy cause, you can do so here:
http://www.blackcrowes.com/katrina.html

thank you
Sway

Which band is opening?

October 3rd, 2005 08:48 PM
pdog DBT's are a much better band!
October 3rd, 2005 08:51 PM
winter Oh, and what time does Oasis come on? I hate to miss the headliner.

October 3rd, 2005 08:56 PM
Nellcote I cooked a mess of ribs this weekend on my smoker
I used the Memphis Dry Rub technique.
The dry rub is carefully massaged into the ribs, then
the ribs are left to marinate for about 12 hrs.
I fired up the grill about 115P,
The ribs were placed on at 145P, the smoker was just about
275F. You should not let the heat get over 300F..
A fair amount of hickory wood was used for the 1st
hour. My neighbors were gagging from the smoke, however, I told them "it's worth it in the end"..
Besides, they complain, they don't eat.
You know, no one rides for free?
I made my own baste of cider vinegar, garlic mustard & salt, to spray the ribs every 45 mins, to introduce moisture.
They were done at 545P, which again is the "low & slow"
technique.
You can't rush good bbq.
The meat fell off the bone, they were outstanding.

Why do I think of BBQ when I hear Black Crowes?

Must be something in the slaw.............

October 3rd, 2005 09:01 PM
Saint Sway jeez, they're putting on a benefit show and you still need to slag them?

thats mighty big of you Winter
October 3rd, 2005 09:03 PM
LadyJane The way you slag the Stones Sway...it's totally justified.

How do YOU like it????

LJ.
October 3rd, 2005 09:13 PM
Nellcote Sway brother, not for nuthin, however, LJ makes a point.
You would be looked upon in a much different manner
if you would understand that without bands such as the Stones, your little weed loving bros. The Crowes would be just another bar band scufflin for action.
Further, you come to a Stones site and slay The Stones
every chance you get.
Show some leather, stop puttin down The Stones, you
will get some Rodney time from everyone.
Otherwise, sorry to say, I'm thinking of a porcelain Buddah everytime I see a Crowe.....
October 3rd, 2005 09:27 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
The way you slag the Stones Sway...it's totally justified.

How do YOU like it????

LJ.

I have no problem with people bagging on the Crowes. They're a unique band. They're not for everyone. Some dig em, most don't. I get that. And its no skin off my back. So, unlike a lot of Stones fans here, I dont take any of it personally.

it just seems a little silly to carry on with jokes in light of the threads subject matter.

plenty of jokes that I could of made in any of the threads about the Stones performance at the MTV Katrina benefit, but why would I? That would be wrong, given the circumstances.

I've said this before too, if something I've said about the Stones really bothers you or you disagree with it. then defend it. Go ahead and speak up for why you like the Stones set lists or ticket prices or new record or whatever instead of just ragging on another band. You know, dont act like a child and start name calling. If you truly believe in your convictions then you'll never have any problem defending them. Ever.

for example, if I call the Stones lame for opening with SMU every night and that bothers you - or you -for some bizarre reason- think its really cool, then say so. Go ahead. Say: "I love knowing that the opening song at every show will be SMU. Cuz if they opened with another song I might freak out and wet my pants. I'm in my 50's and I have bladder problems, so I prefer that they open with the same song every night."

just say that or give some other explanation why you feel the way you do rather than resort to childishly ranking on some other band that has nothing to do with my comments in the first place.

that is, if you truly believe in your convictions.

if not, then I guess just continue with lame cole slaw jokes.
October 3rd, 2005 09:34 PM
LadyJane Look Sway...don't you DARE question my convictions.

It is SO damned obvious that you come here MAINLY to get ATTENTION. Does that make you feel important???

You've pissed off just about everyone...You must be so proud.

And just for the record...I LOVE the Black Crowes!!!

YOU cross the line and YOU know it!!!! And stupid me is giving you just what you want...so I'm outta here.

LJ.

October 3rd, 2005 09:36 PM
winter
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
jeez, they're putting on a benefit show and you still need to slag them?

thats mighty big of you Winter

Admittedly, it is a good cause. I hope they raise a lot of money for the people who suffered through that horribe disaster.

But quite honestly, I have my doubts. With the crowes deteriorating output and recent sub-par live performances, their fan base has all but abandoned them. Only the die hards, like yourself are left. It is sad, but true. Lions was the last straw for most Crowes fans. Not even multiples Stones covers can save their shows anymore.

I give the Robinson brothers credit, as they have tried to reinvent themselves. With the death of Gerry Garcia and the break up Fish, they saw an opportunity to try to make up some market share by catering to the jam band fans. But there attempts have not lived up to expectations.

There solo careers failed miserably. And apparently no new Crowes material is in the works.

Unfortunately, they will never recapture the magic of the big one and one-half (Southern Harmony and parts of Shake Your Money Maker).

In light of the foregoing, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't raise enough money to cover the electrical bill for the gig Friday night. And given the socio-economic make up of their dwindling fan base, I hope the good people of the New Orleans enjoy spam, b/c I fear that this will be the only food that will be donated at Friday's show.

To quote others from this board. This benefit is a Bust!

wintah

[Edited by winter]
[Edited by winter]
October 3rd, 2005 09:42 PM
full moon The MOTher FuckINg BLack Crowes rock .... Wake the fuck uP.......
October 3rd, 2005 09:48 PM
Nellcote Sway, everytime I read one of your "Stones are lame" posts, or "You want to hear the Stones, go to a Crowes show" posts, I'm reminded of Michael Dukakis, past Gov. of Massachusetts.
"The Duke" ran for President back in the 80's.
He spent valuable election time riding around in a tank,
telling farmers in the mid west all of their crop problems would be solved by planting Belgian Endives for crops,
noting that convicted rapists would be great work release candidates.
He discussed nothing of the problems of America at the time.
He was on Nightline, when Ted Koppel turned to him, after
one of his long winded, rambling statements and said:
"Mr Dukakis, you just don't get it"
The Duke kept rambling on for another five minutes,
right past Koppel.
Koppel then raised his voice, repeated his statement, only
prefacing with with an apology for interrupting, noting
to the Duke that his path of running for President would
suffer a severe defeat if he continued to ingnore the issue.
History showed Koppel was correct, the Duke was brutally defeated in the race, forever humiliated within the Democratic party.
Even John Kerry would have no part of him, and he was his LT. Gov for two terms.

Mr. Sway, you just don't get it.

Sway, please show some respect for others here who take no pleasure other than enjoying the band which this site is all about.
You may think your comments towards slaying the Stones, and priasing the Crowes are funny, however, for others,
who've followed the Stones for more decades than you or The Robinson's have been around, and have made worthwhile contributions towards this board in offering up cd trees, assisting others with tickets, etc. these comments are boring, redundant, self serving, have no place here.
Try to get why most folks post here, it's because they enjoy something.
Sure, everyone is entitled to speak their mind, however, this rambling about The Crowes is over.
Then, maybe your rather worthwhile effort for Hurricane Katrina relief would be taken with some seriousness, not some further effort to plug a band who modled themselves after the Stones.
By the way, did you ever auction off your tickets for MSG towards Hurricane Katrina relief like I suggested given you were so dissapointed with the Stones?
That would have shown some real Stones, and accept my apologies if you did, please report how much you donated?

So good luck down the road.
Don't hit me with your SOL lyrics crap either.
I may have been born at night, however, it was not last night...
[Edited by Nellcote]
October 3rd, 2005 09:53 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
YOU cross the line and YOU know it!!!! And stupid me is giving you just what you want...so I'm outta here.

LJ.

Lady Jane, we already know the real reason you're "outta here"

and I quote:

quote:
LadyJane wrote:
No need to watch the setlist come in.

LJ.

those are your words, not mine.

see... you and I agree on more things than you're willing to admit.

so I won't question your convictions ever again. Its cool, I know where you really stand. ; )
October 3rd, 2005 10:04 PM
voodoopug
quote:
winter wrote:

Which band is opening?

wow! Now that is a clever post....I am glad to be back baby!
October 3rd, 2005 10:08 PM
Riffhard Huh Sway,the reason that Lady Jane posted that was because Doug pre-posted the setlist from the show. He is backstage tonight,and he gave a headsup prior to the start of the show. Your schtick has managed to anoy damned near every poster on this site,and has even turned one time Crowes' fans into Crowes bashers. I would be willing to bet that not one poster here goes to any Crowes MBs and slams them the way you constantly do the Stones. It's old. Let it go. We know where you're coming from. You don't need to always shove your shit down the board's throat.

I used to quite like the Crowes,but you have ruined them for me. I always knew they were a wannabe Stones' band,but now not even that fact appeals to me. Funny that the biggest Crowes fan on this board has managed to completely alienate the one group of fans who still might dig what the Crowes are all about. You have done just that though. Hope you're proud.

Riffhard
October 3rd, 2005 10:08 PM
Nellcote Pug, this series is going to test the mettle of the two Sox.
What does Ozzie have to counter the best 3-4 hitters in
MLB with "Ortiz we Trust" and Manny being Manny?
Not Dinosaur Everett?
October 3rd, 2005 10:14 PM
winter
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

wow! Now that is a clever post....I am glad to be back baby!

Thank you kindly. Now, if I only had the mastery of sarcasm that you possess.

[Edited by winter]
[Edited by winter]
October 3rd, 2005 10:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Pug, this series is going to test the mettle of the two Sox.
What does Ozzie have to counter the best 3-4 hitters in
MLB with "Ortiz we Trust" and Manny being Manny?
Not Dinosaur Everett?

Carl does not believe in Dinosaurs

Our only hope to stop those two guys are Cliff Polite and Neil Cotts....i have decided the key is keeping people off of base in front of them, Ortiz and Manny will get theirs, if we shut down everyone else and get to the Horrible bullpen of The BoSox, round two could be in Chicago...but this will be a great series!
October 3rd, 2005 10:25 PM
Saint Sway Wow! Riffhard you hands down win the award for getting your panties in the biggest bunch!!

Kudos!
October 3rd, 2005 10:42 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Wow! Riffhard you hands down win the award for getting your panties in the biggest bunch!!

Kudos!

Good answer! I take it that you're beggining to figure out the fact that many people here are tireing of your one trick pony status? Yes? No?

I don't realy care what you think,as your posts have become as predictable as the setlists that you rail on ad nauseum.

This site is about the Stones Sway. There are certainly things that most would agree about with you,but you have managed to pile on so much that your posts have lost all merit.

Lessons when reading any post by you. First. The Crowes are the better band. Second. The Stones are nowhere near as good as the Crowes these days. Third. The Crowes play the Stones better than the Stones play the Stones. That about sum it up? That is all I ever get from any of your posts. Say what you will about me,or anyone elses here,but at least we manage to mix it up a little. You? Not so much.

Riffhard
October 3rd, 2005 10:49 PM
exile Chris Robinson and Rich Robinson tried to make a donation to the hurricane relief.

Copies of their unsold solo albums "New Earth Mud" and "Paper"

Red Cross refused saying that the hurricane victims had already been through enough torture.
[Edited by exile]
October 3rd, 2005 10:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
winter wrote:

Thank you kindly. Now, if I only had the mastery of sarcasm that you possess.

[Edited by winter]
[Edited by winter]

you have nothing to prove...you are a top level poster!
October 3rd, 2005 10:59 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Say what you will about me,or anyone elses here,but at least we manage to mix it up a little. You? Not so much.

Riffhard

Gimme a break. I posted one thread this week about the Crowes.

You posted twice as many gay photos of Erik Estrada.

do the math.
October 3rd, 2005 11:09 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Gimme a break. I posted one thread this week about the Crowes.

You posted twice as many gay photos of Erik Estrada.

do the math.

You are kidding here right? Dude,I could go through the archives of last week alone and pull up a slew of your Stones putdowns! Even in the thread about the Cream reunion you have managed to slip in one of your standard Stones gripes.

The setlists. Keith's guitar. A Bigger Bang. Ronnie. You have ripped on all those topics many many times. I often wonder why you even post here when all you do is slam the band that this site is dedicated to. I am far from alone in this veiw. I can do the math just fine Sway,and given the inclination I could pull up all the evidence that I would need,but as your schtick is known to all reading this thread I don't deem it nessasary to do so.

Riffhard
October 3rd, 2005 11:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

You are kidding here right? Dude,I could go through the archives of last week alone and pull up a slew of your Stones putdowns!
Riffhard

Oh, OK. So its not really about mentioning the Crowes. Its really about my busting on the Stones.

either way. Make up your mind.

I've made a very conscious effort not to bring up the Crowes here as often as I had in the past. Today I posted about a benefit show they're doing. Thats all.

Admittedly I am harsh on the '05 Stones. But its a Stones board. People can express their opinions about the Stones. Good or bad.

just like this jackass did:

quote:
Riffhard wrote:

As for Sweet Neo Con the song just sucks with teeth period. I have no problem with the bullshit subject matter. I would think that if Mick was going to rip on Bush he would at least put more thought into the lyrics. Which are,by all accounts,juvinile tripe,and not worthy of inclusion on ABB at all. I suspect that they threw it on the record just for the publicity it would generate. God knows the lying liberal media will run with anything that slams Bush.
Riffhard

and that fella's not the only one.

Damn dude. Read the board. Its filled with posts by people that are upset with the set lists or are dissapointed with Bang. Everyday theres a bunch of threads about this song sucks or that stinks. In fact, everyone in this thread has complained on some level. Lady Jane, even was saying today that Keith is a washed up alcoholic.

if you're going to get all bent out of shape with every poster that complains about the Stones then you really shouldnt read this board at all.

heres a place where you can read nothing but happy thoughts about the Stones: www.rollingfags.com
October 3rd, 2005 11:58 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

You can't rush good bbq.
The meat fell off the bone, they were outstanding.

Sounds like good times, Nellie

Sup with this memphis dry rub technique

No Rudys ?!?
October 4th, 2005 12:09 AM
Riffhard Alright Sway if you're going to get personal about it allow me to explain to you what only you don't seem to get. Most people here will launch the occasional attack on some aspect of the Stones. This is wholly different from your posts. Which are almost soley based on bashing the Stones,or propping up the Black Crowes. Hence your one trick pony status.

I may not like a song on ABB,but I still know damned good and well that nobody can bring it live like Stones. Therefore I feel that being honest about my opinion of one tune does not jibe with your constant stream of Stones' putdowns. That is all you ever do. I could easily cut and paste dozens of examples of your posts here,but there is no need. Everyone here already knows that I'm right.

I have no problem at all with you posting about the Crowes per se,but you always,and I mean always,preface any Stones related post with some kind of negative spin. Then you wonder why people don't just let you "express an opinion". It is very clear where you stand. You think that the Crowes are the better band these days. I don't. In fact I think your opinion is for shit. However,I would never argue it with you if you ever said anything nice about the band that this site is dedicated to. You don't though. Ever.

How many people on this site have to point it out to you? I mean shit there are quite a few posters here that have said exactly what I am saying to you. You cite a post from Lady Jane,but then you completely take it out context. Her appreciation of the Stones would be hard to deny. Your's,however,is hard to find. Apparently the main reason you like the Stones these days is because they give the Crowes an ample supply of tunes to cover.

Again,I have no problem with your love of the Crowes,but it would be refreshing to hear you say anything at all complimentry about the band that they have copped their entire look and sound from. Even your reveiw of the Stones' show you went to had the obligatory slam against the Stones. I take it you did not like the blowup tongue? The Crowes would never use such a garish prop? Great. We got it. With you it's a constant stream of predictable shit. Stones=bad/has-beens. Crowes=great/saviors of rock and roll.

Is it any wonder that so many posters here are sick of it? Again,I'm far from the only one here Sway.

You dare to call me a jackass for pointing out what at least ten other posters have previously stated? You're a fucking tool! Go fuck yourself.

Riffhard
October 4th, 2005 12:14 AM
pdog Right on Riffy!
Saint Sway wonder why he was not greeted !!!
October 4th, 2005 02:07 AM
exile
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Apparently the main reason you like the Stones these days is because they give the Crowes an ample supply of tunes to cover...but it would be refreshing to hear you say anything at all complimentry about the band that they have copped their entire look and sound from.

Fuck....there is some GOLD there Riffhard.
Rock on
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)