ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Let It Loose This Tour Return to archive
October 3rd, 2005 07:06 PM
Flashpoint Is there any chance to LIL been played?

On the wishlist listed on IORR is second behind Sway...
i think thay the boys will play just 3 really obscure songs
Add Slave and that's it..that's enough

October 3rd, 2005 07:42 PM
texile i doubt if they play it - but it would be a revelation.....
i would literally shit in my pants if i heard those opening chords in houston.....but again -i doubt it.
i kind of hope not - it's one of those songs that are so enshrined in its time - it would almost be sacreligious to put it in a modern time setting....
October 3rd, 2005 07:45 PM
Rizollin Let it Loose is my fave song off Exile, and Exile's my favorite album. Hmmm... that would be sweet, have they rehearsed it? I think the reason why they've never played it is that it seems like it would be a real strain vocal wise.
October 3rd, 2005 07:48 PM
Soldatti If they played Sway, they can play anything.
October 3rd, 2005 07:49 PM
Saint Sway I bet The Black Crowes cover "Let It Loose" long before the Stones ever even give it a thought.
October 3rd, 2005 07:58 PM
LeedsLungs71 Have the Stones ever played Let It Loose live on stage?
October 3rd, 2005 08:15 PM
kath two chances:

1. fat
2. slim

but if it were to happen, please let it be in portland!!!!
October 3rd, 2005 08:31 PM
texile they rehearsed it on the 72 tour - its on the STP boot....
sounds great once they get going..keith keeps stopping and starting again - but jagger sounds amazing but it probably would be a strain vocally...
and riz - this is MY favorite stones song from my favorite album.....
it has an aura about it and i hope they wouldn't ruin it by turning it into a slick lisa/blondie extravaganza....
October 4th, 2005 07:40 AM
ListenToTheLion Let it loose: best Stones song ever. I doubt If they will play it.

In Kerkrade a few years back I was in the crowd with a banner: Let It Loose. Mick saw it but then quickly looked away...
October 4th, 2005 08:26 AM
Moonisup
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
Let it loose: best Stones song ever. I doubt If they will play it.

In Kerkrade a few years back I was in the crowd with a banner: Let It Loose. Mick saw it but then quickly looked away...

kerkrade?
October 4th, 2005 08:33 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

kerkrade?

Landgraaf! EEN pot nat.
October 4th, 2005 12:01 PM
speedfreakjive I think they'd play it, but its got a really hard guitar part to play for that long, with Keith's arthritis, i can't see it happening, unfortunately.
October 4th, 2005 12:20 PM
texile lion - bless you .....did jagger look away with indifference? that's a seminal song - i often wonder how he feels about songs like that now......they're so intense - and not the usual single/rocker;
hey freak - i play LIL starting with the d chord but i know it can't be right ....it's an awkward little riff....i used to think it was billy preston on keyboard....they could do it that way live.
October 4th, 2005 12:39 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
I think they'd play it, but its got a really hard guitar part to play for that long, with Keith's arthritis, i can't see it happening, unfortunately.

Yes, and I really hope they won't try it. I'd rather remember the wonderfully perfect version of the album instead of letting it ruin by a mediocre (read: bad) live version. Just imho of course.
October 4th, 2005 12:44 PM
texile i hope they don't touch it either....this song is better left enshrined in all its 1972 south of france glory....
October 4th, 2005 12:59 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
texile wrote:
lion - bless you .....did jagger look away with indifference? that's a seminal song - i often wonder how he feels about songs like that now......they're so intense - and not the usual single/rocker;
hey freak - i play LIL starting with the d chord but i know it can't be right ....it's an awkward little riff....i used to think it was billy preston on keyboard....they could do it that way live.

hey, thats a really good way of playing it,its easier, cos its in F on record, which means its up and down and around a lot. It is right if u use open high E as the third note, just in a different key.
ta
October 4th, 2005 01:54 PM
texile it took me years to find it on the d chord - a friend showed it to me and it works becuase of the open e on the d ch....how the fuck do you do it on an f? it seems like that first chord would have to have that open string like on the d......also - from there it goes to the g and em.....i think on the stp boot - its on the d ....
how about that ending? i could die happy when i figured that out.....
October 4th, 2005 01:57 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
texile wrote:
it took me years to find it on the d chord - a friend showed it to me and it works becuase of the open e on the d ch....how the fuck do you do it on an f? it seems like that first chord would have to have that open string like on the d......also - from there it goes to the g and em.....i think on the stp boot - its on the d ....
how about that ending? i could die happy when i figured that out.....

Got it in one Texile. I haven't conciously tried to suss it out. Its one of the best endings on any song i've heard. I reckon on record, Keith's using one of his fucked up tunings.
October 4th, 2005 03:12 PM
texile don't hold me to this but i'm fairly sure its a regular tuning....because it ends on a minor bar chord...(f# minor)
starting way on the fret board with keith doing those great two-note hammer-ons and bringing it all the way down to that beautiful, sad chord.....that ending is my single favorite riff of all time - it sounds like god descending upon our uselessness...like the song is about love stripping all our defenses and killing us...ha - great song!
October 4th, 2005 03:32 PM
texile
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

I reckon on record, Keith's using one of his fucked up tunings.

i always assume keith is doing the least possible work....so the easiest way to play it is probably the right way for stones songs.....even those fucked open chords are of the least possible resistance...
October 4th, 2005 04:11 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
texile wrote:
don't hold me to this but i'm fairly sure its a regular tuning....because it ends on a minor bar chord...(f# minor)
starting way on the fret board with keith doing those great two-note hammer-ons and bringing it all the way down to that beautiful, sad chord.....that ending is my single favorite riff of all time - it sounds like god descending upon our uselessness...like the song is about love stripping all our defenses and killing us...ha - great song!

yes, you're probably right, apart from one minor(pun not intended) point, it ends on Gm. But aside, the song is the one that made me realise the genius of Exile, the song that made me realise how good the whole album was, its so damn original! LIL isn't really a song, rather than a soulgospel vibe entity, very much atmospheric, and back to ur end point, maybe an act of god.
October 4th, 2005 05:51 PM
LeedsLungs71
quote:
texile wrote:
i hope they don't touch it either....this song is better left enshrined in all its 1972 south of france glory....

I would be curious to hear how they would do it in a nice theater/club setting on this tour. Maybe Europe will get some more intimate theater/club dates.
October 4th, 2005 06:27 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Yes, and I really hope they won't try it. I'd rather remember the wonderfully perfect version of the album instead of letting it ruin by a mediocre (read: bad) live version. Just imho of course.

No IMHO, it couldn't be recreated live, what with all the female backing singers ("plus friend"), I reckon they make it great, it seems so in the spur of the moment.
October 4th, 2005 06:44 PM
texile yes freak - LIL is an anomaly.....the stones have done some divine things but always comparable to something else they've done.....this song has never been repeated - in style or lyrical originality - it IS an act of god and a singular achievement - so much so that i once i hear it - i can't listen to anything else for the rest of the day - it captures and possesses you.....it gives me the chills every time.
October 4th, 2005 09:54 PM
LeedsLungs71 Let It Loose vocals reminds me of Van Morrison circa 1972. It has that magical "blue eyed/gospel-soul vibe that both Van Morrison and Mick Jagger can tap directly into.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)