ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Can anyone verify the dates on these live song debuts? Return to archive
October 2nd, 2005 07:40 PM
cabledogg2 I'm putting together a "Sticky Fingers live compilation and need some verification on these "Live Public Song Debuts" Using several sites "Love you Live" , "Rocks Off Setlists" and "The Complete Works" sites i have come up with the following. Please let me know if you differ on any of these.

Brown Sugar: Livermore , California (Altamont Speedway) Dec 6th , 1969

Dead Flowers : Malmoe , Sweden (Baltiska Halle) Aug 30th, 1970

You Gotta Move : Los Angeles , California (Inglewood Forum 2nd show) Nov 8th , 1969

I Got The Blues : London , England (Marquee Club)March 26th , 1971

Bitch : Newcastle , England (City Hall) March 4th , 1971 1st show

Wild Horses : Newcastle , England (City Hall) March 4th, 1971 1st show

Sister Morphine : Chicago , Illinois (Soldier Field) Sept 28th , 1997

Moonlight Mile : Oakland , California (Oakland Arena) Jan 25th , 1999

CYHMK : Toronto , Canada (Palais Royale) Aug 16th , 2002

Sway : Columbus , Ohio (Nationwide Arena) Sept 24th , 2005
[Edited by cabledogg2]
October 2nd, 2005 07:48 PM
Flairville I'm sure I've read in 'According 2 the Rolling Stones' that they played CYHMK years ago and it always fell apart so they dropped it. GAzza will know, 'cos he knows it all he's the living encyclopedia of the Stones. I'm very drunk but a drunk man speaks his sober mind!!
October 2nd, 2005 08:50 PM
deuce They attempted CYHMK in '71 but it fell apart every time they tried it. it was only attempted at a few shows. plus, no audio exists of it. I'd say the Palais version is the one to include as I consider it the first time the band played it live.

That looks like an interesting set, I'd love to have the songs flow in the order of the actual album.
October 2nd, 2005 09:09 PM
Pako Gertte Gazza recently sent Voodoo Chile some changes to the setlist page and one of the things he made emphasis is about CYHMK making a live debut in 1971 but that Voodoo Chile is playing with himself too much that's why he got sticky fingers righ now and not because he is stealing something but getting glued

Voodoo is planning to change the setlist soon and says "sorry Gazza but this is delicious and stronglky addictive"

This post was made by Voodoo sending me long-distance vibes
October 2nd, 2005 09:38 PM
Saint Sway I cant verify any of those dates but I can tell you that The Black Crowes - either solo or as a band - have played 3/4 of those songs. Pretty sure no other band outside the Stones has attempted that many songs off of Sticky Fingers.
October 3rd, 2005 10:55 AM
Gazza
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
I'm putting together a "Sticky Fingers live compilation and need some verification on these "Live Public Song Debuts" Using several sites "Love you Live" , "Rocks Off Setlists" and "The Complete Works" sites i have come up with the following. Please let me know if you differ on any of these.

Brown Sugar: Livermore , California (Altamont Speedway) Dec 6th , 1969

Dead Flowers : Malmoe , Sweden (Baltiska Halle) Aug 30th, 1970

You Gotta Move : Los Angeles , California (Inglewood Forum 2nd show) Nov 8th , 1969

I Got The Blues : London , England (Marquee Club)March 26th , 1971

Bitch : Newcastle , England (City Hall) March 4th , 1971 1st show

Wild Horses : Newcastle , England (City Hall) March 4th, 1971 1st show

Sister Morphine : Chicago , Illinois (Soldier Field) Sept 28th , 1997

Moonlight Mile : Oakland , California (Oakland Arena) Jan 25th , 1999

CYHMK : Toronto , Canada (Palais Royale) Aug 16th , 2002

Sway : Columbus , Ohio (Nationwide Arena) Sept 24th , 2005

all correct except

CYHMK - Newcastle 4.3.71 1st show (it was played at this show and in Glasgow on that tour, but probably no others)

Sister Morphine - Chicago 25.9.97 (not 28.9.97 - they didnt play there on that date)

as 'Pako' said above, I've sent a few setlist amendments to Voodoo, so hopefully they'll be up on the setlist page shortly
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)