ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: First European show 2006 in Brussels !!! Return to archive
October 2nd, 2005 08:47 AM
Jeep I just found this information in the rules of the Mercedes Benz US Sweepstake :
"Talk about a whole new way to travel. Win the Grand Prize and you and a guest fly first-class to see the Stones with two tickets to the opening show of the European leg of the Tour"
http://www.mbusa.com/campaigns/r-class/rockther/sweepstakes/index.jsp

We can read in the rules :
"Grand Prize: Trip for two (2) to see the Rolling Stones in concert in Brussels, Belgium in June, 2006. Prize includes first-class airfare for two..."

The reasons of Brussels choice are certainly the sames as U2 Tour last june.
King Baudouin Stadium in Brussels offered the best renting prices in Europe.
It's necessary to rent the stadium for many days prior the tour for some more rehearsals, so Brussels choice can save big money.
October 3rd, 2005 07:32 AM
egon this of course is a mistake, since
it's well known that the tour will start in marseille!
October 3rd, 2005 09:46 AM
gotdablouse So stadiums only in Europe it seems at this point ? Guess I won't be attendingt then !
October 3rd, 2005 10:12 AM
DoctorStones Rumors for a few arenas too, including Paris-Bercy
October 3rd, 2005 10:21 AM
gotdablouse Ah excellent, especially in light of the fact that I am currently located in Paris ! I was thinking of flying to NY for the MSG concert so that budget should get me some good tix for the Bercy Show !
October 3rd, 2005 10:32 AM
Gazza
quote:
DoctorStones wrote:
Rumors for a few arenas too, including Paris-Bercy

according to what rumour you wish to believe, thats Stade de France, Bercy and Olympia ALL mentioned now. I doubt they'll do all three!
October 3rd, 2005 10:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
So stadiums only in Europe it seems at this point ? Guess I won't be attendingt then !

too early to say. Stadiums simply need more advance booking that arenas for logistical purposes.

I would imagine that, like North America, they'll play some arenas in Europe. I'd be very disappointed if they didnt as I dont plan on seeing more than a couple of stadium shows, but I'd certainly fly outside the British Isles for a few arena gigs
October 3rd, 2005 10:37 AM
Gazza a question for those of you in the Netherlands and Belgium

How long would a train journey take from Amsterdam Schiphol airport to Brussels?

also..how far is Charleroi Airport from Brussels?
[Edited by Gazza]
October 3rd, 2005 01:23 PM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:
a question for those of you in the Netherlands and Belgium

How long would a train journey take from Amsterdam Schiphol airport to Brussels?

[Edited by Gazza]

3 hrs.
[Edited by egon]
October 3rd, 2005 01:32 PM
egon and 50mn for charleroi/brussel

[Edited by egon]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)