ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ABB surpassed the million copies sold worldwide Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 28th, 2005 02:01 PM
Jair Anyhow, it seems they now running out to fix some mistakes.

Down here in Brasil is the first time Virgin is doing a massive publicity campaign about ABB. And it starts AFTER the ABB release.

There are big posters, banners and paper boxes in the Stores showing the ABB draws, tongue, etc.

btw, i paid $ 50 for a Stones ABB poster, about 1 meter X 1,20 or so.

September 28th, 2005 04:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
The bottom line is half the people in America who I went to the shows with didn't even know that the Stones had a new album out. Bottom line, most of the people who go to the shows want to hear Satisfaction & Start me Up rather than Rough Justice & Back of my Hand.... Sad but true...

I can understand 100% that the vast majority of people are there to hear the old material but I honestly find it almost impossible to believe that so many people going to a Stones show in America this year wouldnt even be aware of the fact that they have made a new record

I'm not doubting your word in the slightest but I'm amazed that so many people can be THAT clueless. Not interested in buying it is one thing. Not even knowing about it is mind-boggling. I mean, even the fuss over Sweet Neocon gave it more publicity outside of the usual entertainment circles

Most of the people I know who DONT like the Stones even know they have a new record. Yet people who pay a week's wage for a concert ticket to see the band are unaware of it. With 'fans' like that, they honestly may as well give up
[Edited by Gazza]
September 28th, 2005 04:35 PM
Jair
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I can understand 100% that the vast majority of people are there to hear the old material but I honestly find it almost impossible to believe that so many people going to a Stones show in America this year wouldnt even be aware of the fact that they have made a new record

I'm not doubting your word in the slightest but I'm amazed that so many people can be THAT clueless. Not interested in buying it is one thing. Not even knowing about it is mind-boggling. I mean, even the fuss over Sweet Neocon gave it more publicity outside of the usual entertainment circles

Most of the people I know who DONT like the Stones even know they have a new record. Yet people who pay a week's wage for a concert ticket to see the band are unaware of it. With 'fans' like that, they honestly may as well give up
[Edited by Gazza]

Come on, Gazza, why are you so hurted about all this matter?
Gimme some good reasons, PLEASE.

[Edited by Jair]
September 28th, 2005 04:38 PM
Gazza you dont think its demoralising for any artist to make a record that most of the people who are paying so much to go to their concerts arent even AWARE of?
September 28th, 2005 04:42 PM
The_Worst
quote:
Gazza wrote:

[Edited by Gazza]

Gazza, I hear you but I swear half the people I hung out with asked me "Do they have a new album or something"? & "Do you think they will play Brown Sugar"? I think the press conference even pushes this further. When it was on the news in May most news agencies said something to the effect of "Today, the Rolling Stones held a press conference to announce a new world tour". Then usually a few sentences later they mention "They are touring to support a new album" In other words, the emphasis is on the tour rather than the album.

Regarding the 50% that did know a new album was out, I would say that about 90% of them knew because of "Sweet Neocon". If it hadn't been for that, little more than hardcore fans would have know about the album.

The bottom line is the Stones are still putting out great music. Sadly America today buys hip hop not rock 'n roll with exceptions few & far between. However, I'd rather have the Stones have a rocking album that doesn't sell well than have a smash #1 album because they sold out.

If the Stones really wanted a #1 album Mick & Keith could record a re-make of Satisfaction with P. Diddy (or whatever the hell his name is) & I'd bet money that it would skyrocket both the single & album to #1 on the charts. I don't think ANY of us would want to see that!!
September 28th, 2005 06:14 PM
diegostone here in Uruguay (my country)in the musics houses is at the first position of solded albums.
September 28th, 2005 07:46 PM
Soldatti
quote:
diegostone wrote:
here in Uruguay (my country)in the musics houses is at the first position of solded albums.

Just like Argentina.
September 29th, 2005 09:24 AM
Jair
quote:
Gazza wrote:
you dont think its demoralising for any artist to make a record that most of the people who are paying so much to go to their concerts arent even AWARE of?

Come on, is crystal, the Americans are just pretending they dont care about Sweet Neocon.
Man, i said once, the Stones can't enter in your home, say you are a shit and go ahead impune.

The America is givin to the Stones a hard lesson. Everybody knows the US people is very patriotic.

I am NOT at all (a patriot), for example, but if the song was about Brasil, probably I'd burn all my Stones CDs and send them fuck themselves.

What the hell they think they are, anyway?

After 9/11, and after all they have done (or think so), plus soldiers coming in body bags every week, would you dare calling shits?

The Green Day is not a good example. They are a bunch of retards, people dont take them seriously. Now, THE ROLLING STONES, which used to be the most respected rock and roll band in America, doing crap like Sweet Neocon?

Mick probably got the Alzheimer disease. Or his arrogance make him blind.

And A-ha, before you say it,

bláblábláblábláblábláblábláblá!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edited by Paul MC)

[Edited by Jair]
September 29th, 2005 07:19 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Jair wrote:
Now, THE ROLLING STONES, which used to be the most respected rock and roll band in America, doing crap like Sweet Neocon?

They lost the US credibility 25-30 years ago, not now.
September 29th, 2005 07:22 PM
jb Gazza is correct....this must be utterly humiliating to all but Keef who only cares about his 2 lame songs and POC movie.
September 30th, 2005 12:44 AM
Bloozehound Lots of interesting theories abounding around in here, but lets just be honest, one of the main reasons ABB is not selling is because it sucks!

pure and simple

the proofs in the pudding, look at Soldatti's posted numbers of Stones album sales since SW, each album the sales numbers dwindled significantly more than the previous one

The Stones USA buying-public has lost interest over the years due to lackluster, tepid albums from the "Worlds Greatest Rock n Roll band", then the BIG whammy of an overlong 8-year-gap between the last ones, people have simply lost interest 'cept for their rabid hardcore following

Just a pure case of fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me three times....four times...chirp chirp go the crickets

But I hear being a cricket ain't all that bad, cause they still have alotta SOL~
September 30th, 2005 02:24 AM
corgi37 Basically, my theory, is that older fans couldnt care less about new music, average half assed fans didnt bother waiting 8 years, and got into other bands, and younger potential fans just wouldnt be seen dead buying an album by a bunch of geriatrics. And, black folk just aint gonna buy it at all.

But the biggest problem is that most people will be downloading the sucker from the net for nix. And, good on 'em.

I think its a great album, but ya know, i'm back to playing Exile, SF and TY. I'll probably get back into it if they tour here.
September 30th, 2005 02:41 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

the proofs in the pudding,

once again i remind everyone that the proof is not in the pudding - the proof of the pudding is in the eating

pedantically yours

SIA
September 30th, 2005 02:45 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
The_Worst wrote:

If the Stones really wanted a #1 album Mick & Keith could record a re-make of Satisfaction with P. Diddy (or whatever the hell his name is) & I'd bet money that it would skyrocket both the single & album to #1 on the charts. I don't think ANY of us would want to see that!!

well i don't know about that - i'd be interested to at least hear it

September 30th, 2005 05:17 AM
Pierre http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/bb200.jsp

Stones are N°25 in the top Album Charts
September 30th, 2005 09:53 AM
Jair Now I'd LOVE to know who says FIRST that ABB was
the best Stones album since Tattoo You or even since Exile!

September 30th, 2005 07:07 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Jair wrote:
Now I'd LOVE to know who says FIRST that ABB was
the best Stones album since Tattoo You or even since Exile!

It's the best since Tattoo You.
October 1st, 2005 12:10 AM
time is on my side Absolutely, ABB is their best since TATTOO YOU. In my book, it's not even that close.
October 1st, 2005 06:36 PM
Some Guy I was at a Disc go Round, where you can buy and sell used cd's and stuff. This guy tried to trade in a Bigger Bang, the dude behind the counter said he couldn't buy it because he had too many. On his way out the door the guy tossed it in the trash can.
October 1st, 2005 08:03 PM
monkeygrip
quote:
Joey wrote:

The album is a bust ( see : DENVER ... WIDE OPEN at the $400.00 level ) .

Flacky

Really now. Please tell me how I can score one of those wide open $400 seats. Is ticketbastard just denying me the privilege?
October 1st, 2005 10:30 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I was at a Disc go Round, where you can buy and sell used cd's and stuff. This guy tried to trade in a Bigger Bang, the dude behind the counter said he couldn't buy it because he had too many. On his way out the door the guy tossed it in the trash can.

LOL~!

thanks, I needed a good laugh

ps

I was hitting the used bins last week and I saw a few ABBs too

October 2nd, 2005 09:54 AM
corgi37 The sooner they release a Christmas album, the better.
October 2nd, 2005 02:26 PM
DAVINO Jair, this is quite a shabby way to evaluate the band, especially after you edited your blurb and it is still infantile grammatically. I will have to dismiss your suppositions based upon that.

quote:
Jair wrote:
The fact is: Mick is no longer worried in write good songs, build great melodies e intel lyrics, etc etc etc.

Mick is just & simple a business man, not a real artist.

He is using the Stones purely & simply to make money,
not to make music.

The result we can see clearly. His strategy is no working anymore.

My ABB album leave my stereo a few days now, & in its place is the new Macca, which, at least, is showing some concerning in write good lyrics and melodies.

No, I'm not in the wrong board. Just listen both and think.

Also, no one of those ABB tracks will become a "classic" Rolling Stones tune. And, in some yrs, you wont see they playing any of those ABB tracks in their concerts, because is all the same shit.

As usual, Joey was right: the album is a BUST!

[Edited by Jair]

[Edited by DAVINO]
October 2nd, 2005 10:23 PM
Soldatti
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
The sooner they release a Christmas album, the better.

They need to sell the new album at a lower price. Live Licks went to bargain in UK and is on chart again, a year after of their release.
October 3rd, 2005 12:55 PM
Jair
quote:
DAVINO wrote:
Jair, this is quite a shabby way to evaluate the band, especially after you edited your blurb and it is still infantile grammatically. I will have to dismiss your suppositions based upon that.

[Edited by DAVINO]

DAVINO,

And who are you, a English teacher?

That my English is very poor, I know, but it's not my first languague, so you could be a bit kind and gimme a break on this, right?

When I'm writing here i know I'm doing alot of grammatical mistakes and I feel shame about it. So, I don't need you criticism, I'm my own critical, thank you. I won't leave the board because of you.

As a decent American, I think you should apologize. Otherwise I'll think Davino is only a whore's artistic name.

PS - Have you edited your msg or its just my imagination?

[Edited by Jair]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)