ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the rocks off rolling stones bit torrent thread (p.2) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
September 3rd, 2005 04:59 PM
monkey_man This is the message at dime:

Attention Azureus 2.3.x.x users:

Azureus has introduced DHT (Distributed Hash Table) technology to its client starting with version 2.3.x.x. Using DHT will harm your DIME share ratio and violates our tracker rules as we can't take care of banned torrents terminating timely. Thus, using torrents which are not DHT-safe (all torrents uploaded before Friday, May 13, 15:00 GMT) may not be used with Azureus 2.3.x.x. Users known to use this client will not be able to download a DHT-unsafe torrent, annoucements of Azureus 2.3.x.x for such torrents will not be accepted by the trackers. If you want to download/leech/seed a DHT-unsafe torrent, do the following:

-- Install a different client (i.e., BitTornado, ABC) or a version of Azureus prior to 2.3.x.x.
-- Start any torrent with this client and wait for the client to do its first announcement. Stop the torrent.
-- Download the .torrent file you want to have and run it.
-- Restart all other of your torrents.

September 3rd, 2005 05:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Hey all I am a newbie to bit torrent. I have azureus and have used it once but am a little confused about using it at a dime a dozen. (this seems to be where shows from this group are posted?)It seems the version of Azureus that I am using will not work there. Can anyone recommend a program that will work there or another site that I can use Azureus. I am more than happy to leave my pc on to help others upload.
Thanks for any help.
MM

Well...you can use it on the tracker on THIS site. Feel free to upload some! The link is at the top of the page..

Shows from "this group" arent necessarily posted on DAD. We're only posting links alerting people to shows there and on The Traders Den which may be of interest and have been offered there first.
September 3rd, 2005 06:43 PM
deuce I've got some shows I want to download to the RO tracker. Problem is, when I uploaded one to DIME, I wasnt able to download it from the site and seed it. So I guess I'll try something and see what happens
September 3rd, 2005 06:53 PM
monkey_man Thanks Gazza! I'm an idiot. . .I was looking at the top of this thread and not at the top of the page! I think most of the shows I have are from here 2002-2003 back in the days when you guys were setting up "trees" and we were all mailing CD's around. I have non stones shows that I could share but don't know if people would be interested. Stevie Wonder, Patti Smith and others.
Thanks Again,
MM
September 3rd, 2005 06:53 PM
pdog I haven't figured out that part yet either duece. All I can do is get the show and then allow it to runs it's full course. After I've got it in full, it takes a little while for the UL from me to finish. I don't know how to let others keep running UL's off of me.
September 3rd, 2005 07:08 PM
deuce Yeah, let me know if you figure it out
September 3rd, 2005 07:59 PM
mac_daddy you need to select the parent directory...

for example, let's assume you save all of your torrents in the directory "c:\my documents\"

when you open a *.torrent file, and your client prompts you to select a location. you select "c:\my documents" which means that the flac/shn folders are downloaded there. so the location of the actual files would be "c:\my documents\rs-jbbFIX.flac16" if you were downloaing the Just Before Boston fixed tracks.

ow abc and azureus have these default folders, so if you have them set to download one place, and then transfer to somewhere else, it makes it tricky to seed. my advice with these programs is to have all the torrent directories set to the same location - in our example, we would have all of those destination directories set to "c:\my documents\" (in the options menu or the preferences dialog)...

usually, to seed a fileset that you already have on your harddrive, you would open (double-click) the *.torrent file that you want to connect to and then select the parent directory of the fileset folder, which in our example is "c:\my documents"

this method will get you seeding using any bit torrent clients...

azureus and abc have specialized seeding options, that are intuitive to use if you know what you are doing, but stay away from these options until you understand what you are doing...

hth
September 3rd, 2005 08:27 PM
deuce OH, I understand now. I shall put some stuff up on the tracker soon
September 3rd, 2005 09:40 PM
deuce Alright guys, I just uploaded a show to the tracker. It's my first time so I hope everything goes ok.
--------------------------------------------------

The Rolling Stones
Lonestar Shooters
Sister Morphine Records
Remastered By: Cool Cool Hand

CD-R > EAC > WAV > FLAC Frontend (Level 8) > FLAC

1. Brown Sugar
2. Bitch
3. Rocks Off
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Don't Lie To Me
6. Love In Vain
7. Sweet Virginia
8. You Can't Always Get What You Want
9. Tumbling Dice
10. Happy
11. All Down The Line
12. Midnight Rambler
13. Band Introductions
14. Bye Bye Johnny
15. Rip This Joint
16. Jumping Jack Flash
17. Street Fighting Man

Tracks 1 - 9, 12 - 17 recorded at Fort Worth, Second Show; 6/24/72
Track 10 recorded at Fort Worth, First Show; 6/24/72
Track 11 recorded at Houston, Second Show; 6/25/72

I recieved this in the mail some time ago. It's a great compilation of songs collected from a few dates in Texas on the '72 tour. It relies mostly on the second Fort Worth show. It is a different source than what is used on the Ladies and Gentlemen soundtrack. Overall the quality is good and this was one of their best tours. Artwork is included.
September 3rd, 2005 09:53 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
deuce wrote:
Alright guys, I just uploaded a show to the tracker. It's my first time so I hope everything goes ok. ........

thanks. i hope my instructions helped you out...

are your ports open..? have you dedicated all your upload speed to this..? i ask because the speeds seem to be slow; fast enough to let me know that things are running, but slow enough to make me think something is choked somewhere...

September 3rd, 2005 09:58 PM
deuce it should be faster now...
[Edited by deuce]
September 3rd, 2005 10:55 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
deuce wrote:
it should be faster now...
[Edited by deuce]

now we're moving!

thanks again for the effort. it is much appreciated.
September 3rd, 2005 10:56 PM
deuce anytime, always glad to help out Stones fans
September 4th, 2005 09:23 AM
MRD8 Mac,
When I get the proshot DVD of the Phoenix club gig do you think we can FINALLY figure out how I can do a torrent properly? Heres hoping....
September 4th, 2005 10:05 AM
Stray Cat UK I've downloaded and converted a couple of shows and have left them up for up to 24 hours afterwards,but my upload rate has never been more than 11-17 Kb/s.

I use the bit torrent client and set the upload to max.

I only have 512k speed broadband.Is this the fastest upload I can expect?. My downloads are coming at the maximum 50+ Kb/s.

sc uk
September 4th, 2005 10:34 AM
deuce Will my regular computer CD burner burn the files within the VIDEO_TS folder as long as I'm using a blank DVD?
September 4th, 2005 10:51 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
deuce wrote:
Will my regular computer CD burner burn the files within the VIDEO_TS folder as long as I'm using a blank DVD?

yes, if you use nero, and burn a dvd-video...

it has to be formatted so players can read it. otherwise it is a data dvd...

this is akin to how you have to burn an audio cd, or a data cd, depending on what you pl;an to use it for...

September 4th, 2005 11:01 AM
mac_daddy ++++ yo! seeders +++++

the astoria source and the fenway1 source are in need of some serious help. please re-connect so we can finish these peers off.

thanks, in advance.
September 4th, 2005 11:17 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
Mac,
When I get the proshot DVD of the Phoenix club gig do you think we can FINALLY figure out how I can do a torrent properly? Heres hoping....

i am trying, amigo. maybe i will start the expanation again from the beinning...

make a directory/folder for all the files. in this example, we will create a "dvdrip" dir in our my docunents folder, located @ c:\my documents\dvdrip

so, use dvd decrypter, and rip the dvd in FILE mode, copying everything to a harddrive on your 'puter. set "c:\my documents\dvdrip" as the destination location in dvddecrypter...

once the ripping is complete, you need to make the *.torrent file...

open torrentspy. drag the directory "c:\my documents\dvdrip" into the the torrentspy window and drop it. a settings dialogue will appear. enter the tracker url in the section where you are prompted. in our case, you can copy "" and paste it in the prompt (withOUT the quotes, of course). click the "make torrent" button, and wait for the processing to finish - you will see a progress bar at the bottom of torrentspy. it will take a few minutes to finish, and when it does, the program automatically drops a *.torrent file in the parent directory, which in our example would be d"\my documents. the file will be named dvdrip.torrent...

then you need to open your bit torrent client as a seed.

double-click the dvdrip.torrent file. when prompted, select "c:\my documents" (still following our example)

the bit torrent client will check your fileset, which can take several minutes, and then it will connect you as a seed. then just stay connceted...

fwiw, i explained the seeding part to deuce yesterday, so if you have problems, try reading those posts as they evidently helped deuce figure this part out, so they might clarify things for you, too...

let us know what happens, mrd8 - i am happy to help
September 4th, 2005 01:00 PM
cabledogg2 MCI Center- Washington D.C 3/7/99 DVD In case you missed it while it was on the "Rocks Off" tracker. I have seeded it over on dime. Its a good one!..........cabledogg2

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=58119&hit=1
September 4th, 2005 04:53 PM
cabledogg2 Just posted on Dime Detroit! Heres the link..........cabledogg2

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=58347&hit=1
September 4th, 2005 05:04 PM
deuce I was at this show, thanks alot for this
September 4th, 2005 05:38 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
Just posted on Dime Detroit! Heres the link..........cabledogg2

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=58347&hit=1

thanks for the heads' up, cb2!!!

the source is:
SONY MZ-RH10 HI-MD..sony sonic stage...sony wav conversion tool

for those interested - get a sample mp3 of this source here
September 4th, 2005 05:39 PM
charlotte 05-08-31 Detroit MI Comerica Park
---------------------------------
SOURCE #1: MD audience (unknown > Sony MZ-RH10)
quality: 8.0
download link: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-...ls.php?id=58347

If anyone has downloaded could you please upload to our RO Tracker at
http://rollingstones.kicks-ass.org:6969/

thanks

September 5th, 2005 02:04 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
charlotte wrote:
05-08-31 Detroit MI Comerica Park
---------------------------------
SOURCE #1: MD audience (unknown > Sony MZ-RH10)
quality: 8.0
download link: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-...ls.php?id=58347

If anyone has downloaded could you please upload to our RO Tracker at
http://rollingstones.kicks-ass.org:6969/

thanks

done.
September 5th, 2005 05:40 AM
cabledogg2 Hey Mac , You might consider pulling "Detroit" off the tracker as disc 2 tracks 9&10 are the same track (Brown Sugar) JJF is missing.............cabledogg2
September 5th, 2005 11:31 AM
charlotte done! thanks mac

fixed Detroit is on the RO Tracker
September 5th, 2005 11:36 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
Hey Mac , You might consider pulling "Detroit" off the tracker as disc 2 tracks 9&10 are the same track (Brown Sugar) JJF is missing.............cabledogg2

argh!

why cant people check this sh*t BEFORE seeding..?

thanks for the head's up. i am going to leave it, and i will post the fixed track when it appears (there are 10 folks dowloading now, and i dont want to dump them)...

EDIT:

how to fix the detroit seed (source #1) @ ezt....

delete d2t09

download the new torrent file - here it is (ezt)...

double click the new *.torrent file. when prompted, point your client to the "stones-8-31-2005" folder that you downloaded with the first torrent... if you did it correctly, your client will check the files, and then connect you, and you will start downloading the new d2t09...

i will take care of getting this up on the ro tracker, but i would first like charlotte to delete the detroit torrent file that is on the tracker now (to avoid any further confusion).

second edit:

detroit fix is up on the RO tracker!!!!

here is what you do...

STOP downloading now. DELETE the "stones-8-31-2005.torrent" file. also delete the d2t09.flac file. leave everything else alone...

go to the ro tracker, and download the "detroit-8-31-05.torrent" file...

double-click the "detroit-8-31-05.torrent" file. when prompted point to the stones-8-31-2005 folder. so if with the original torrent (the first/broken one) you originally pointed to "c:\my documents" (like all my examples), then when prompted by double-clicking/opening this NEW/FIXED *.torrent file ("detroit-8-31-05.torrent") that you downloaded from our tracker, point to "c:\my documents\stones-8-31-2005" by doing this, the client will check the files you have already downloaded, connect you to the new("fixed") swarm, and start downloading the fileset where you left off (when you disconnected from the old one). the client will aslo download the replacement track for d2t09 (since you deleted the old d2t09 before opening the "detroit*.torrent" file).

as always, PLEASE stay connected as a seed so that others might download the show from you. we are adults here, and dont need to enforce share ratios, so you are honor your honor to stay connected as a seed while peers are downloading from you.

[Edited by mac_daddy]
September 5th, 2005 11:38 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
charlotte wrote:
done! thanks mac

fixed Detroit is on the RO Tracker

charlotte - stop your download. then double click the NEW torrent file and point to the stones folder you originally downloaded (after going in there to delete the d2t09 flac file) . then you will just download that track. as it is now, you are downloading the whole thing from scratch...

September 5th, 2005 11:59 AM
charlotte mac, I FU earlier by deleting the entire folder by mistake including empty recycle which I hardly do until a few days later...dumbassed on that one...too many cobwebs upstairs today

[Edited by charlotte]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)