ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the rocks off rolling stones bit torrent thread (p.2) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
August 25th, 2005 02:29 AM
beer My SFTD is messed up too. Not bad though.

-
August 25th, 2005 04:08 AM
Jumacfly Hi there
I m new on torrent can anyone tell me how to read the Flac files?? must I DL a software anywhere??
thanks in advance guys!
August 25th, 2005 04:19 AM
beer Jumacfly, check PM

-
August 25th, 2005 04:56 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
beer wrote:
Jumacfly, check PM

-

thanks a lot beer!
August 25th, 2005 07:33 AM
charlotte I have stones2005-08-21 on the Tracker, if you have a completed copy please upload to our Tracker so we can have a number of seeds ready when folks come to our board looking to download!! Thanks!!!!!

http://rollingstones.kicks-ass.org:6969/
August 25th, 2005 07:46 AM
Gazza brilliant job, well done
August 25th, 2005 07:50 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
charlotte wrote:
I have stones2005-08-21 on the Tracker, if you have a completed copy please upload to our Tracker so we can have a number of seeds ready when folks come to our board looking to download!! Thanks!!!!!

Done!! Off to work......
August 25th, 2005 08:39 AM
Gazza anyone else notice that Darryl played the opening notes to "take me out to the ballgame" while Mick was namechecking the Patriots and Red Sox just before they played "Shattered"...
August 25th, 2005 09:02 AM
mac_daddy you beat gazza to it, rick....
August 25th, 2005 12:26 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
charlotte wrote:
I have stones2005-08-21 on the Tracker, if you have a completed copy please upload to our Tracker so we can have a number of seeds ready when folks come to our board looking to download!! Thanks!!!!!

Damn it! I guess I have to wait to get the show the old fashioned way. LOL I have no idea what a "flac" is. LOL
August 25th, 2005 12:52 PM
Angiegirl Listening right now after burning it on cd-r, I had to sleep and work before I could get to hear it . Sound is ok (swirls in and out a bit), but many glitches here and there. But hey, better than nothing right? Good to hear opening night a few days after !!!
August 25th, 2005 12:53 PM
charlotte Jerry in Boston, a great time to learn, our goal is to have the entire Bigger Bang Tour on the Tracker!!

please read the thread or at least download
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/
this a BitTorrent client, this will get you started, we can walk you through the rest...

August 25th, 2005 12:56 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Jerry in Boston wrote:
Damn it! I guess I have to wait to get the show the old fashioned way. LOL I have no idea what a "flac" is. LOL

It's nothing difficult Jerry, I got everything to work too as a newbie . It's just a lossless audio format (mp3 for example is lossy). You can listen to it right away from your harddisk with Media Player/Winamp etc, you can burn it to cd-r for audio cd with Nero for instance, you can convert to wav and mp3.

You can also Google it for more info, no problem, plenty of sources available.
August 25th, 2005 12:56 PM
charlotte and if you are nice to Angiegirl, she may give you some hands on instructions!!!!
August 25th, 2005 01:03 PM
Angiegirl But I don't use Azureus .
I'm still using the most basic client, the first download I encountered online, which is just BitTorrent 4 (http://www.bittorrent.com/) I think. I thought that was complicated enough for first use hehehe.
August 25th, 2005 01:18 PM
Angiegirl You can also download the mp3 version from Rockpassion (http://www.rockpassion.com). Ask Stonefan (email) for password: http://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,233790,page=1
August 25th, 2005 01:33 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
sweet!!!

i know this taper, too - the recording should sound quite nice (he uses nice gear, and knows what he is doing)...

I know it's an AUD recording, but how's the sound quality?

I've just jumped on it....

Thanks!
August 25th, 2005 01:44 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

I know it's an AUD recording, but how's the sound quality?

I've just jumped on it....

Thanks!

just got done with my second listen, overall it sounds pretty damn good for an audience recording, a few spots the sound gets a bit blary, but overall its a nice job

almost makes me feel like I'm there

Infamy is an awesome new Keef gem, sounded superb coupled with The Worst
[Edited by Bloozehound]
August 25th, 2005 02:07 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

It's nothing difficult Jerry, I got everything to work too as a newbie . It's just a lossless audio format (mp3 for example is lossy). You can listen to it right away from your harddisk with Media Player/Winamp etc, you can burn it to cd-r for audio cd with Nero for instance, you can convert to wav and mp3.

You can also Google it for more info, no problem, plenty of sources available.

Thanks a bunch! I'll try it out.
August 25th, 2005 02:16 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

just got done with my second listen, overall it sounds pretty damn good for an audience recording, a few spots the sound gets a bit blary, but overall its a nice job

almost makes me feel like I'm there

Infamy is an awesome new Keef gem, sounded superb coupled with The Worst
[Edited by Bloozehound]

thanks Bloozey.... you da man..... thank you very much for the quick reply
August 25th, 2005 03:58 PM
Jumacfly Finally got it!! my pc is so slow...
Well, She's so cold is great and Mick's voice at his best on this one...more guitar driven show, nice to hear but suffers from the classical boum boum sound..
August 25th, 2005 05:09 PM
Angiegirl Really? I though that She's So Cold disappointed a bit, Mick could have dug deeper for that imo. Judging by a clean listen session-without actually having been at the show of course.

I also think the first few songs sounded somewhat strained and sloppy (YGMR). But that's forgiveable, having to oil the machinary on a first night.
August 25th, 2005 05:40 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Really? I though that She's So Cold disappointed a bit,

sounded pretty good to me
August 25th, 2005 07:24 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

sounded pretty good to me

me2

August 25th, 2005 09:53 PM
mac_daddy ++++ if you are trying to download "stone in charlotte," you are not configured properly. ++++

along these lines, there was a keithjagger over at ttd yesterday that was all screwed up, listed as a peer like 15 times, and my guess is that his/her download is still not finished...

to all the new users - all you have to do to figure this stuff out is read the instructions that i have posted in these two bit torrent threads. i have included numerous links, too..

i bring this up for a few reasons...

to begin with, it is not good to have sources up with no seeds (which is the case now). but i have been connected to that cahrlotte show as a seed for 48 hours now, and none of the peers can connect. and i know the problem is not on my end. when i sit around as a sed, and you dont download you are wasting my resources, because i could be connected to somebody else, who could be connected to... well i hope you see this point, as it is integral to the way bit torrent works.

this activity adds alot of load to the tracker, and it can cause the tracker to crash, esp if there is alot of legit activity going on...

plus it is confusing - people visit the tracker for the first time, click on a torrent, connect, and nothing happens. for the newbie this is normal - but for those of us that know what we are doing, we wont come back, we will go where the sh*t works...

oh, and y'all know what else doesnt help..? staying connected as a seed, and offerring less than 10 Kbps of constant upload speed. if you arent going to offer up at least 10 Kbps, you might as well disconnect. at least then we can see that a torrent needs a seed, and we can reconnect and seed with some speed. to see several seeds, that are really only pumping less than 5kps, sucks - esp since we cant see the detailed page atm. several of these torrent offers have taken me days, and there is nothing wrong on my end. it happens when i am late, so the initial seeders are gone, and all that is left re seeds with choked upload speeds...

this behavior - connecting to torrents without being configured properly - is commonly referred to as "torrentf*cking" because you are connected, but bringing nothing to the swarm; in fact you are slowing it down by taking resources (ports, bandwidth) that could be used properly, making the torrents much more efficient...

the quantity of what is to come (the number of sources) is going to be staggering, esp for completists, and it is essential that the swarms run efficiently. if you are connecting, please be sure you have your sh*t together. if you are pulling slow download speeds, or you cant seem to get uploads going, please post in this thread so someone can help you - dont just stay connected with nothing happening - that doesnt help you, and it doesnt help us. in fact it slows everything down. alot...

i know this might sound like bitching, but it really isnt. i just want to say it now, because if our tracker gets innundated with users that are just gumming up the works, it really wont be that useful.

August 25th, 2005 09:57 PM
mac_daddy

ok, well somebody is connected to me, but i will bet you dollars to doughnuts that of the three peers that show on the tracker, one of them wont finish...
August 25th, 2005 11:06 PM
tcline88
Seeding and listening...

Infamy and The Worst are a perfect pair. So far so good!
August 25th, 2005 11:29 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
tcline88 wrote:

Seeding and listening...

Infamy and The Worst are a perfect pair. So far so good!

i like those two, as well...

oh, and welcome
August 26th, 2005 03:06 AM
GimmeExile The four new songs make the setlist fresh and dynamic...I think the guitars are higher in the mix than on the Licks boots. Let's hope it continues.
August 26th, 2005 06:43 AM
albert oh yeah, the guitars are way up more than on the licks tour; Chick is there more on the B stage but overall: more guitars (and I like it!!)

Albert
Holland
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)