ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the rocks off rolling stones bit torrent thread (p.2) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
August 24th, 2005 07:27 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
...and a data transfer limit of 2 GB per month at my ISP (better subscriptions are too expensive for me)...

yikes - be careful. you do know that this live set is over 700mb in size...

do you know how to use FLAC files, angiegirl..?
August 24th, 2005 07:32 PM
Angiegirl Yeah, I know, but it's near the end of the month, and I pay 1 euro per 100 MB excess I believe, so let this recording cost me a few euros...still not very expensive

I've been reading up on FLAC, I knew it's lossless. Can I burn flac right onto a cd-r or how do I do that? Couldn't find that part of the explanation.
August 24th, 2005 07:38 PM
cabledogg2 Is there a problem with the tracker? I can't seem to connect..........cabledogg2
August 24th, 2005 07:43 PM
beer Angiegirl,
I think you have to convert FLAC to WAV before you can burn to disc.
I think it's explained somewhere in this thread. Look for the info about the frontend.

-
August 24th, 2005 07:44 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Yeah, I know, but it's near the end of the month, and I pay 1 euro per 100 MB excess I believe, so let this recording cost me a few euros...still not very expensive p

good - i just wanted to make sure you knew that. that pricing will not last long. the entertainment conglomerates are about to start unrolling hi-quality content (music and movies), and the only way to do that is with huge downloads. and if people are afraid to download fat files because they have to pay extra, they wont download the files. and since the entertainment companies own the internet companies, they are keeping the unlimited bandwidth, but limit your upload speeds. little consolatioin for you, i am sure, but you wont be strapped with that kind of service for too much longer...

quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
I've been reading up on FLAC, I knew it's lossless. Can I burn flac right onto a cd-r or how do I do that? Couldn't find that part of the explanation.

yes. if you run windows98 or later, try burnatonce. you drag the flac files into burnatonce window, and click burn. very easy to use. nero also has a plugin, so you can create an audio cd, and drag the flac files into that (just like you would with wav files). you can get the nero plugin from the site, i would guess...

also you can play the files directly from a media player like winamp or foobar (use the special version, and it plays shn files, too)...
August 24th, 2005 07:46 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
Is there a problem with the tracker? I can't seem to connect..........cabledogg2

[s]so that is why my download of that charlotte show stopped...

i cant connect, either. ip addy change..? i'll send charlotte an email now.[/s]

EDIT:

it is working fine, it just is loading slowly. my guess is that charlotte has the same 'puter running our tracker, and hooked into that opening night torrent...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
[Edited by mac_daddy]
August 24th, 2005 07:53 PM
cabledogg2 Seems to be back up..........thanks Mac
August 24th, 2005 07:56 PM
PartyDoll MEG I just jumped on and have great download speed (90kb) and too many peers to count. Already at 20% Can't wait. Hey Mac- why weren't We first?!!
August 24th, 2005 07:58 PM
Angiegirl Thanx Beer and Mac_Daddy. I'll get the Nero plugin. This is so cool!

32.3%... I'll leave it open during the night, it's 2 AM already.
August 24th, 2005 08:03 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Thanx Beer and Mac_Daddy. I'll get the Nero plugin. This is so cool!

32.3%... I'll leave it open during the night, it's 2 AM already.

Be careful Angie-This gets addicting and before you know it your hard drive is all used up!!!
[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
August 24th, 2005 08:04 PM
Angiegirl Yeah, I must find me a bigger one
[Edited by Angiegirl]
August 24th, 2005 08:28 PM
Gazza !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 24th, 2005 08:29 PM
charlotte
August 24th, 2005 08:31 PM
Angiegirl
August 24th, 2005 08:53 PM
mac_daddy click the stats of the night one torrent - it reads like a who's who of stones message boards

edit:

looks like it is about to pop - hopefully everybody stays on as a seed, and doesnt bail to go seed it at ezt, etc...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
August 24th, 2005 08:55 PM
Angiegirl Yeah, saw all my friends there, hehehe.
August 24th, 2005 09:05 PM
Flairville It sounds friggin great!! Hope you all get it soon!!
August 24th, 2005 09:06 PM
PartyDoll MEG Usually I keepOUR torrents up until it looks like everyone is done--It really is going to be impossible for me to leave this one that long. I'll try, but I want to hear it!!! I'll try to wait until 4pm tomorrow. I'd better call it a night on the computer, cause my file should be done in 20 minutes and I don't want to be TEMPTED!!
August 24th, 2005 09:11 PM
mac_daddy

i am getting the tingle atm, as i know i am about three hours away from SMU...

please leave those seeds open - you can listen and seed, all at the same time with no problems...

August 24th, 2005 09:11 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Flairville wrote:
It sounds friggin great!! Hope you all get it soon!!

Good to hear! I'm at 48% now, another few (5 or so) hours, but I'll be asleep then. Well, I'll have something verrrrry nice to wake up to won't I?
August 24th, 2005 09:43 PM
PartyDoll MEG O.K. I couldn't wait-Took Bit Torrent 101 course to see how to listen and seed at same time and: IT IS Frickin' GREAT!! Love those Stones-Can't wait until Aug 31 for my first show!!
August 24th, 2005 09:54 PM
Angiegirl Aug. 31 is my 31st birthday. I'll think of you .
August 24th, 2005 09:57 PM
Gazza Got it...nice recording....just burned it to CDR as well

Sssscchh-mokin version of "Night Time" which I HAD to hear before I hit the sack tonight. Outstanding solo vocal by Lisa and delightful guitar playing by Keith. Good to see them keeping alive some part of the 'soul revue' part of the show which was such a highlight of the last tour (especially in the smaller venues)

Guess what I'll be listening to on the walkman in work tomorrow!

Hopefully someone will upload it on here too so we can keep it going...

the tour may have kicked off on Sunday night for those in Boston, but for the rest of us who have to wait a while, its started right now...
August 24th, 2005 10:01 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

the tour may have kicked off on Sunday night for those in Boston, but for the rest of us who have to wait a while, its started right now...

amen, brotha!!!

i am tingly all over - looks like i will ahve to wait until around 9pm local time, and then i will have the whole shebang!

great to see all the ro/shodoobee crew on the ttd.
August 24th, 2005 10:16 PM
Gazza Good (if a bit rough round the edges) version of Shes So Cold - this time around, played at a proper tempo and with a melody, unlike that abomination on the 81-82 tour

I meant to go to bed about half an hour ago and cant get past this version of "Night Time". Jesus, it's glorious.
August 24th, 2005 10:25 PM
PartyDoll MEG Isn't it way past your bedtime Gazza? I was going to accomplish something this evening and her I sit listen to Our Boys again! Night Time was great! I liked Out of Control as well as She's So Cold!! Mick is dead on and and the guitars crankin'!! Please don't let it be the last tour!!
August 24th, 2005 11:09 PM
mac_daddy less than twenty three minutes to go...

i can hardly wait!
August 25th, 2005 01:20 AM
pdog My version had a serious flaw on SFTD, anyone else?
August 25th, 2005 01:27 AM
T&A haven't gotten that far - what/where is the flaw?
August 25th, 2005 01:33 AM
pdog all over the first few minutes. Maybe my FLAC had a fluke!
Is that possible?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)