ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the rocks off rolling stones bit torrent thread (p.2) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
September 28th, 2005 08:35 PM
pdog I'm on the tracker now too. DL/UL are both running at about 30 kb/s... Whover is on, stay on after your DL is done, I will too. Hopefully we'll all have this by Thursday AM... or so...!
September 28th, 2005 10:53 PM
Madafaka Somebody put the link, please.
September 28th, 2005 11:20 PM
pdog
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Somebody put the link, please.

Just click on the Rocks Off BT Tracker...

http://rollingstones.kicks-ass.org:6969/
September 29th, 2005 03:09 AM
montana just got fenway...and i was going to burn it with NERO and it says the BUP file must be the same was IFO but it isnt and the burning would fail :/ :/ what's wrong?
anyway i'm going to try to burn it into my RW disc and see what happens...

update: i'm burning...but i had to accept some more warnings saying the proof to see if the dvd is compatible has failed... weird...any help would be appreciated :-)

[Edited by montana]
September 29th, 2005 03:42 AM
montana it's me again, in spite of those warnings the dvd turned out OK! so THANX MRD8!! :-) it seems stupid NERO with its warning, just as when you try to burn a 81 minute cd into a 80 cd... anyway, i will be seeding in a couple of hours i have to leave the pc resting for a while LOL

lour
September 29th, 2005 04:33 AM
MRD8 I will be putting the second Fenway disc up this morning.
September 29th, 2005 06:32 AM
Mickijaggeroo MrD, a true humanitarian!
Thanks a lot, and please keep them coming!
September 29th, 2005 07:32 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Mickijaggeroo wrote:
MrD, a true humanitarian!
Thanks a lot, and please keep them coming!

qft (quoted for truth )

_____

how is the c-bus recording quality..?
September 29th, 2005 07:34 AM
Gazza
quote:
Mickijaggeroo wrote:
MrD, a true humanitarian!

Seeing as he got me a great place to crash in LA in 2002,I can vouch for this from personal experience!
September 29th, 2005 07:42 AM
montana ok, i'm back and sharing
September 29th, 2005 08:00 AM
scope
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
I will be putting the second Fenway disc up this morning.

Disc one will stay up too, right? My ISP crapped out on me last night. Only got 21% of that one, and I went to bed with still no connection. Will be trying again tonight. Thanks again Bob. You are the best!
September 29th, 2005 08:28 AM
Madafaka
quote:
pdog wrote:

Just click on the Rocks Off BT Tracker...

http://rollingstones.kicks-ass.org:6969/

That's what I need! Thank you very much my friend
September 29th, 2005 11:58 AM
Mickijaggeroo I´m finished with the first disc of Fenway, sharing it over the weekend, so I´m ready for number 2
September 29th, 2005 12:22 PM
Flaude the link provided (thanks anyway) doesn't seem to work for me

What did I do wrong ?

somebody help please ?

thanks in advance

take care
September 29th, 2005 01:12 PM
mac_daddy can somebody confirm this md5..?

03f12af6a5e51437e57065fbb82f7664 *Fenway 1 Disc One.ISO

tia
September 29th, 2005 02:49 PM
Mickijaggeroo Go to Stonesvikings, click on the link "GUIDE", then you will come to a page where I try to explain how you download and convert FLAC-files. Of course it´s not complete, but I think you will get the picture. Any comments are welcome.
September 29th, 2005 04:05 PM
pdog About the Columbus show... Where should I start disc 2, when I burn it? I'd also hate to touch it, it's so great, did the taper use fades between disc 1 ending and disc 2 starting?
September 29th, 2005 05:31 PM
Stray Cat UK I don't think the taper put any fades in the middle.

I ended disc 1 with a fade after Imfamy,then faded in disc 2 before the start of Miss You.

THE BEST recording by far !

sc uk
September 29th, 2005 06:58 PM
stonesmachine Columbus is great!!!! Thanks Drake, very nice work
September 29th, 2005 07:04 PM
cabledogg2 Awesome job on your columbus recording drake. I really appreciate all your efforts!...........cabledogg2
September 29th, 2005 07:05 PM
mac_daddy yes indeed! nice work, jake. many thanks.
September 29th, 2005 08:27 PM
pdog
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
I don't think the taper put any fades in the middle.

I ended disc 1 with a fade after Imfamy,then faded in disc 2 before the start of Miss You.

THE BEST recording by far !

sc uk

I'll do the same. I just felt weird changing something, even minor. If I ever trade the show I'll be sure to let it be known I've made the change. Drake did the best job... I'm very thankful...
September 29th, 2005 08:36 PM
deuce QUICK question about torrents. Any response would be appreciated..

I recently downloaded a torrent (not Stones, Green Day to be specific). It said the source was a "#DGCD 056 Bootleg CD" and when I downloaded it, all the files were wav's. He also asked that they not be converted to any lossy formats. Is the quality of the files still like the quality of the actual cd or what? Would it be the same as an mp3..?

By the way, the audio bitrate is 14110
[Edited by deuce]
September 29th, 2005 08:45 PM
drake
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Drake (the guy from IORR who recorded it) only uploaded the mp3 of Sway. I think he wants to iron out a few imperfections before making the rest of the show available. He did a very good job recording it, considering he didnt exactly have a great seat.

What are you talking about?? My seat was FANTASTIC! Main reason why the recording came out so nicely (section 102)... http://www.deathsocks.com/columbus.gif

I'm glad you all dig it though. I'll probably mix it down again in the future. The mids could come down a bit, a little bit of a hiss needs to be taken out (used low sensitivity mics due to how close i was to the PA system) and the bottom end could be a bit more punchy but overall sounds great.

I'm pretty pleased with it. I didnt put any fades in the recording aside from the beginning and the end, and maxed out all actual tunes, not audience chants. Granted there are still several things i'd want to take out, but everyone was itchin to hear this thing so the quicker the better as long as its fairly pleasing to the ear. But no fades. You can pic your own fades. Personally I put ONNYA as the first track on disc 2, but thats me. Everyone has his/her own preference, so I leave it at that. Wav files are easy to mess with, so feel free to fade whatever you want! lol

Drake
[Edited by drake]
September 29th, 2005 09:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
drake wrote:

What are you talking about?? My seat was FANTASTIC! Main reason why the recording came out so nicely (section 102)... http://www.deathsocks.com/columbus.gif

I obviously misread your post, then. I got the impression you got a great recording DESPITE having just ok seats

Nonetheless, its a great job. Listening to it now. Wish the rest of the recordings on this tour so far were this good.

Thanks again for sharing it and for offering it here first
September 29th, 2005 09:25 PM
the worst kinda guy anyone know why the pittsburg torrent isn't working ? is seems to just sit there. im using bit tornado. never had a problem in the past.
September 29th, 2005 09:44 PM
cabledogg2 I don't think Pittsburg is on the tracker? Anyone have artwork for the columbus show?............cabledogg2
September 30th, 2005 01:45 AM
voodoostones Where is Fenway Disc One.ISO ? I still need to complete the download and I got the following line when clicking on the link
java.io.IOException: org.gudy.azureus2.core3.torrent.TOTorrentException: TOTorrentDeserialise: Torrent must be a file ('EF3B393193CE914B9E000FA0C417B1EAC8403BBE.dat')

Anyone else with the same problem ?
September 30th, 2005 08:13 AM
scope I completed my download of Fenway disc 1 overnight with no problems. Left the PC on while at work today to help out.
September 30th, 2005 09:03 AM
mac_daddy no probs here with fenway1dvd1, although i would love someone to confirm the *.iso md5

drake - welcome! and thanks again. what equipment did you use (mics, pre, a/d, recorder)..?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)