ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the rocks off rolling stones bit torrent thread (p.2) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
July 18th, 2005 05:30 PM
mac_daddy the first bit torrent thread is closed now (with 500 posts). well done everybody - we made alot of progress during the life of that thread: set up a ro tracker, and showed countless folks how to do the bt thing...

anyway, please continue all stones bit torrent conversation in this new thread...

(edited to add archive link)
[Edited by mac_daddy]
July 18th, 2005 05:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Well done congratulations and thanks to all who particpate, lurk and get stuff from it

This is the previous link http://novogate.com/board/968/209600-1.html

It will be a "Sticky" until it gets buried in the archives, remember that after a board reaches 150 topics, the last 50 are moved to an archive.

It will be a "sticky" too
July 18th, 2005 05:41 PM
mac_daddy thanks voodoo.

_____

cabledogg2 - i still am getting the wrong ip in the *.torrent file you made...

it should be 69.231.134.120 and the one you are using something else...

anyway, delete all the *.torrent files you have made, and download the one form the website - i changed it, so it is good. anyway, download it from the tracker, and use it to open up your client, and start seeding...

not sure how this happened, because you never had a problem before, but this should fix it...

thanks again for all of the effort.

July 18th, 2005 06:13 PM
2000 Man So I'm seeding a couple torrents at the moment and my health thingy is blue. It means I'm not yet connected to any peer. I downloaded new torrent files from the tracker, and I'm uploading stuff and show connections. Is this because the ppers need to get a new copy of the torrent file? Is it all caused by that IP addy changing in the middle of a torrent?
July 18th, 2005 07:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
Is there a problem w/the tracker? I keep getting a "Problem connecting to the tracker" prompt . I have been seeding "Raw Power " all day but it seems no one can connect. Mac?

Ive just started to try and download this torrent, cabledogg and i'm getting a "probem connecting to tracker - 10061 connection refused" message. Its the first time I've connected to the tracker in at least a week, so not sure whats happening
July 18th, 2005 09:50 PM
mac_daddy actually a weirder coincidence than that...

cb2 uploaded the raw power torrent file between the time the ip addy changed, and the tracker autoupdated (a window of several minutes). pure luck...

everything should work fine - just make sure that the address in the *.torrent file you are using to connect is the right one (ro.k-a.org), or if it has a numbered ip addy, just make sure you delete the one that was giving you problems, and download a new one now (from the tracker) and use it...

let me know if there are any other problems (the power outages we had in the area over the weekend didnt help anything because the ip addy changes everytime that happens; again, nothing i can do about that)...

have a good week, y'all. if we can keep some seeds on these things, i have a few more sources i would like to get up in the next week or so...

_____

jpenn1 - thanks for the heads up. i am on it...

_____

can somebody PLEASE help me out with pearls at swine. i have been connected to this thing for like three weeks now. many, many thanks in advance...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
July 19th, 2005 01:52 PM
Gazza thanks Mac

I'm downloading "Raw power" now and its working fine.

Would love to help you out with Pearls At Swine but as I already had the 4-CD set of '78 rehearsals I passed on it. No one seems to have a complete copy, it seems?

Come on guys - help Mac out and keep sharing the music.
July 19th, 2005 09:34 PM
mac_daddy i dont mean to bitch, but since the tracker went down and back up, 7 of you have pulled raw power since i have been hosting it, and none of you are helping me seed it. this is in addition to the keef gig, the vaults, and just before boston, all of which i started yesterday with no help, at leaast initially. and i have been helping the other 60s torrent when it has been sputtering for the past few... they all seem ok now, except for raw power. y'all have to help - this is a group effort (esp. when i see these things pop right up on another tracker)...

July 20th, 2005 04:49 AM
Gazza I pulled Raw Power overnight, Mac and I'm seeding it with a ratio of over 2.0 already as I left my pc on this morning when I went to work.

However, it IS annoying that many people are just downloading shows and then jumping off without sharing it with others.

Maybe time, however for a re-think on this whole thing re: share ratios if that keeps up. Its not really fair that the same four or five people have to carry the whole thing because too many cant or wont grasp the concept of leaving a window open for other people
[Edited by Gazza]
July 20th, 2005 09:17 AM
2000 Man Yeah Gazza, that's the same problem I have with Pearls At Swine. I've got it on silvers, and I've got the four cd set, but I don't have the torrented files or I'd get right on it.

I have no problems with keeping track of share ratios. On sites where I don't seed, mine are all near or above 2:1. If you're not even willing to share the shows you get for free, then why should we be willing to share them in the first place? I know plenty of people I can share them with that will be appreciative and share the shows, it's just a little more of a hassle, but at least I know other people will be getting the shows.

All you have to do is leave the window open, and check back now and then to see if someone needs a seed, or if there's two seeds and a few leechers rejoin and help out while you're checking your email. It sure isn't much to ask for free concerts, especially when those shows show up on ebay a week later for 50 bucks.
July 20th, 2005 02:40 PM
bitotas Hello Mac,

I just opened Pearls at Swine.

July 20th, 2005 02:45 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
bitotas wrote:
Hello Mac,

I just opened Pearls at Swine.

why yes you did! many thanks...

and welcome
July 20th, 2005 06:12 PM
tumblingdice01 I left Keith Richards seeding until my ratio was 1.55 and I will do the same with Raw Power when it is finished uploading. I realize this has to be a 2-way street if it is going to work. I have no problem at all if you keep track of seed ratios, esp. as the tour is going to start soon and if you are not careful, hundreds will try to download everything and then never seed it.
July 20th, 2005 07:34 PM
cabledogg2 New on the tracker "Surry Rehearsals March 1968" (VGP-108)

I don't really have any info on the disc. The sound quality is decent , probably a higher gen soundboard i'm guessing.Artwork is included.........enjoy!

Tracklist

1. Rock Me Baby
2. Stray Cat Blues
3. Untitled
4. Hold On I'm Coming
5. Jumping Jack Flash
6. Untitled
7. Some Satisfaction
8. Rock Me Baby
9. I'm Coming Home
10. Untitled
11. Conversations (studio chatter)
July 20th, 2005 10:48 PM
jpenn11 Is it true that CDRs created from flac files will not copy well? That is, a CDR created from a flac file I download from the tracker will not copy well? If so, is there some way to give someone a copyable version? For example, if I d/l the flac as flac, not as wav, to a disc, can the recipient create multiple good copies from that disc?

Thanks in advance.
July 21st, 2005 12:55 AM
2000 Man If you use decent cdr's you won't have any troubles. You should have the exact same wav files to create the cd from.

The nice thing about flack files is you can play them in some players as is, and if you want to put them on DVD's as data you can give someone like six or seven shows on one disk. It's how I back everything up.
July 21st, 2005 10:00 AM
tumblingdice01 I've downloaded the Power disc and my ratio is 0.90. I'm leaving it open but no one else is downloading! I'll leave it open for 24 hrs or so.
July 22nd, 2005 03:23 PM
Pauli I just came back from France where I travelling during my holiday. During that time I have forgot the URL of RocksOff tracker. Anyone can help me?
July 22nd, 2005 03:38 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Pauli wrote:
I just came back from France where I travelling during my holiday. During that time I have forgot the URL of RocksOff tracker. Anyone can help me?

glad to see you back! i was afraid some of the more boisterous posters on this board were chasing you away. i hope you had a nice holiday...

the tracker is linked at the top of all the RO pages (the top row of links), but it is also here (which is actually the bookmark i use because it provides more details; clicking the "detailed page" link will bring you to the same page)...

_____

edit:

re the cd > flac ???

the problem with going audio cd > flac is not that wav info changes, it is that ripping audio from a cd is a tricky thing for a computer to do, and alot of times the process produces errors... keeping the audio files in lossless, you can burn to, copy from cd-r, dvd-r and always check the md5 - if it fails, recopy (which is what you do if an audio extract fails, but dealing with lossless is SO much easier, and the programs used are not prone the same errors that with which ripping programs are plagued...

hth

[Edited by mac_daddy]
July 23rd, 2005 04:30 AM
Pauli [quote]mac_daddy wrote:

i was afraid some of the more boisterous posters on this board were chasing you away.

????

i hope you had a nice holiday...

Yes I had, thanks for asking

July 23rd, 2005 08:38 AM
cabledogg2 I'm looking for a little info on what format i need to encode video(dvd)too. I would like to upload a dvd to the tracker. Any help will be appreciated!.......cabledogg2
July 23rd, 2005 08:38 AM
Pauli Here is the new one in tracker:

The Rolling Stones
Rio 98
Vinyl Gang Product [VGP-198]

Praça da Apoteose, Rio de Janeiro, April 11, 1998

Lineage: Original CD --> EAC --> WAV --> FLAC FRONTEND (LEVEL 6) --> FLAC

Tracks:

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Let's Spend The Night Together
Flip The Switch
Gimme Shelter
Ruby Tuesday
Saint Of Me
Out Of Control
Miss You
Like A Rolling Stone (with Bob Dylan)
You Don't Have To Mean It
Little Queenie (Berry)
I Just Wanna Make Love To You
You Got Me Rocking
Sympathy For The Devil
Honky Tonk Women
Start Me Up
Jumpin' Jack Flash
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Brown Sugar

Honest I Do (Tokyo, Toshiba studio 3-5.3 1995, Hope Floats soundtrack)
Out Of Control (Danny Saber's Demo Mix)
Out Of Control ( Don Was Live Remix New York, MSG 16.1 1998)

Artworks included

Anyone has interest for Handsome Girls? I know that most of you have it already, but I have original Dandelion's box and I could upload it if there's interest for it.
July 23rd, 2005 08:51 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
I'm looking for a little info on what format i need to encode video(dvd)too. I would like to upload a dvd to the tracker. Any help will be appreciated!.......cabledogg2

dont encode anything...

rip the dvd to your harddrive - use dvd decrypter and copy the whole thing in file mode...

it will put the video vts and audio vts in a dir (/c/my documents/vid-rip/)

drag that dir, with the two vts dirs inside, into the torrentspy, and make a torrent of that directory...

if you want to be real trick, use md5 summer to recursively add all the files in the video vts folder, so that we can check it - and if it is done recursively, the md5 does not have to be inside the video vts folder, which is important when burning dvds...

hth
_____

thanks for the recent seeds, y'all!!!
[Edited by mac_daddy]
July 23rd, 2005 03:09 PM
A Stone Alone It's a shame when people drop the link when others are still downloading.
It's happened to me with JBB - I'm stuck at 83%.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
July 25th, 2005 12:13 PM
J.J.Flash I'm looking forward to "Raw Power". Could anybody post more info about this one. Thanks in advance!
July 26th, 2005 08:16 PM
cabledogg2 New on the tracker "Washington 1999". This is a audience sourced dvd of the March 7th 1999 MCI center show in Washington D.C.The quality is not bad at all, both audio and video. I have included some dvd art with the torrent.
July 27th, 2005 12:09 AM
davidmv Could any one help with the Tropical Disease CD!!
Got to 50% when it went down
be much appreciated
July 28th, 2005 12:55 AM
jpenn11 Not the Stones, but some of you might be interested and it won't take up a lot of room on the hard drive:

On DAD--
--- The Yardbirds ----
Keith Relf
Jimmy Page
Chris Dreja
Jim McCarty

it's not very good quality B- at best, it's black and white video
Three songs on the French TV program 'Bouton Rouge' on March 9, 1968
(1) Train Kept A Rollin'
(2) Dazed and Confused
(3) Goodnight Sweet Josephine
B\W mpg VCD quality NTSC, Total length 12 mins 3 secs.
July 29th, 2005 08:40 PM
MRD8 I just uploaded the first disc of the 2DVD Seattle Supersonic upgrade...it synced the Empress Valley soundboard to an excellent low generation of the video!
Here's the tracklist:
Intro/Under My Thumb
When The Whip Comes Down
Let's Spend The Night Together
Shattered
Neighbor's
Black Limousine
Just My Imagination
Twenty Flight Rock
Let Me Go
Time Is On My Side
Beast Of Burden
Waiting On A Friend
Let It Bleed
YCAGWYW
Little T&A
Tumbling Dice
July 29th, 2005 08:46 PM
mac_daddy

many, many thanks.

i cant wait to see this one...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)