ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Monumental Plaza de Toros, Barcelona, España 11 de junio de 1976
© 1976 Alma María Rico - Dedicado a Montana!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: (LSC but funny, IMHO) Dentist rocks his patients- Pulsating office music tunes out typical fears... Return to archive
September 29th, 2004 11:02 PM
MarthaMyDear Dentist rocks his patients
Pulsating office music tunes out typical fears

Joelle Babula
The Arizona Republic
Sept. 29, 2004 12:00 AM

Patients at Kelly Cook's dental office cannot hear the unnerving sounds of the dentist scraping away plaque or drilling a tooth.

They are much too busy listening to Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, the Rolling Stones and hundreds of other rock and roll artists.

"Patients really dig it," Cook said of his rock concert-themed office in Chandler. "They get to be on gas and hear Pink Floyd. If you're the person we're doing the most dental work on that day, then we'll play whatever music you want. I have thousands and thousands of songs."
advertisement

Cook developed his rock and roll office to help make dental visits a little more exciting and a bit less odious for patients.

The office walls are plastered with album covers and electric guitars autographed by the likes of James Brown, Bruce Springsteen, the Dave Matthews Band and many others. Patients can even play video games in the waiting room.

"I didn't want a cookie-cutter office," said Cook, who has been practicing in the Valley for 15 years. "We wanted it to be fun and distracting. My office feels more like a Hard Rock Café with a dental theme than a dental office."

Patient Aimee Holley, 32, never went to the dentist regularly until she began seeing Cook.

"I have always had a big fear of the dentist. I hate the way the typical office smells and looks and the sounds were always frightening," she said. "There's none of that here. The music is playing and it relaxes you and it's almost a good time."

Patient Carolyn Henry, 60, said she loves going to the dentist and listening to the loud rock music.

"The music is what I grew up with," she said. "I actually look forward to going to see him because it's such a fun office and I always like to see what is new."

Patients also get to leave each visit with a "party favor" - a funky tie-dyed T-shirt identical to the shirts worn by all of the office staff, including Cook.

"Anybody who comes in once always comes back again," Cook said. "Every delivery guy who ever came here is now a patient of mine."

Cook recently took his tie-dyed T-shirts and passion for rock and roll to Africa, where he visited with rural schoolchildren and taught them about dental care.

"We gave them T-shirts and toothbrushes and taught them all how to brush properly," he said. "Those kids don't have the chance to get any dental care, so preventative care is very important."

I always loved that gas... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! LAUGHING Man, I wish this
dentist was near where I live!!! SHEESH!!! ROCKIN' GOOD
TIME, I GUESS (?!?!?!)!!!!!!!!!!!! :P PEACE and
DO ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!