ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Monumental Plaza de Toros, Barcelona, España 11 de junio de 1976
© 1976 Alma María Rico - Dedicado a Montana!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick quote on Keith Return to archive
September 26th, 2004 10:36 PM
kramer921 Hi,
I've been trying to find a quote of Mick's from around the time he was knighted. It was something about a journalist asking him what he thought about Keith going around to everyone insulting him for it, and Mick replied with something like, "Well, if he doesn't talk about me, who's going to give him any attention?" or "It's the only way they'll listen to him". If anyone could help me with the exact quote - or where it's from or how to find it - I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
September 26th, 2004 11:00 PM
Soldatti
quote:
kramer921 wrote:
Hi,
I've been trying to find a quote of Mick's from around the time he was knighted. It was something about a journalist asking him what he thought about Keith going around to everyone insulting him for it, and Mick replied with something like, "Well, if he doesn't talk about me, who's going to give him any attention?" or "It's the only way they'll listen to him". If anyone could help me with the exact quote - or where it's from or how to find it - I'd appreciate it.
Thanks

Never saw that Mick's answer before, if he said that is worst than the Dogshit In The Doorway!
September 27th, 2004 12:12 AM
gorda Well, in a way, it is true!

MICKY IS THE STAR OF THE SHOW!!!

I think he said something to the effect of "It's like when one kid gets an ice cream cone, they all want one."

Keith and Micky are always "insulting" each other, but deep, down inside, they are like brothers, and they love each other.

September 27th, 2004 12:15 AM
gorda And, Goddess in the Doorway is a beautiful album!

It was especially made for women!

Maybe the men don't like it, but us ladies absolutely love it!

The first time, I heard Vision of Paradise I cried! It was so beautiful and romantic, and sad at the same time.

Also, the last song, "Brand New Set of Rules", such a sweet song.

The only reason, it wasn't a huge success was because it did not get the promotion it deserved.

[Edited by gorda]
September 27th, 2004 12:30 AM
IanBillen
When asked what Mick thought of Keith's remarks in opposing Mick being Knighted Mick simply replied:
"I think it is a bit like a balling child who hasn't gotten any ice-cream"
Ian
September 27th, 2004 01:40 PM
Soldatti Gorda, I was talking about the Keith circa "Dogshit in..." and BTW Goddess sucks!
September 28th, 2004 01:13 PM
karsonkoala godess in the doorway is a big piece of shit.
September 28th, 2004 07:28 PM
Soldatti
quote:
karsonkoala wrote:
godess in the doorway is a big piece of shit.

If you think that...
September 29th, 2004 08:58 AM
karsonkoala I do...
If it hasn't been a Jagger album, i wouldn't have listen to it twice...
September 29th, 2004 09:04 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
karsonkoala wrote:
I do...
If it hasn't been a Jagger album, i wouldn't have listen to it twice...

you re wrong, it's a Matt Clifford record
September 29th, 2004 10:41 AM
F505
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

but it still sucks
September 29th, 2004 09:33 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Jumacfly wrote: