ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Monumental Plaza de Toros, Barcelona, España 11 de junio de 1976
© 1976 Alma María Rico - Dedicado a Montana!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Airplane rocking a rooftop before The Beatles: Video inside (SSC) Return to archive
September 25th, 2004 07:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl There's something stones related here... the filmaker. This is the Airplane rocking NYC back in 1968

French movie director Jean-Luc Godard films the band playing on a rooftop in Midtown Manhattan, for his projected "One American Movie" film.

http://www.jeffersonairplane.com/video/rooftop_hi.ram

BTW, today I read this bad news

This just in within the hour from A-Deck.... Rick McNamara, the Jefferson Starship site webmaster and his wife were raided for possession of less than 4 lbs of marijuana today. Moreover, their home was sacked and computers were seized containing information on anyone (such as me) who has contacted the JS site or ordered swag at CIAXM. The bad news can be read over on A-Deck (first click at the left hand top of menu) at http://www.jeffersonstarshipsf.com. Can anyone on Fulton St. help?

Here we go again! !

September 25th, 2004 07:53 PM
Poplar
Awesome.

Thanks.

September 25th, 2004 09:29 PM
kath i have always loved the airplane. marty was so great...such a voice!!! and all the men i know loved gracie...those eyes..that hair..she was awesome!!

they were one of my favorite bands from that era.

did that pot thing just happen?? that's nuts!! who fuckin cares about pot anymore?? jeeez, it's the 21st century!!

i didn't know marty was still in the band. it's interesting that they still have somebody named "slick".....

i never liked starship at all. but the airplane...how many nights did i stay at the municipal auditorium just totally wasted watching them play....gawd those were great days!!
[Edited by kath]
September 26th, 2004 01:41 AM
Soldatti Thanks!
September 28th, 2004 08:52 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
kath wrote:
did that pot thing just happen?? that's nuts!! who fuckin cares about pot anymore?? jeeez, it's the 21st century!!

i didn't know marty was still in the band. it's interesting that they still have somebody named "slick".....

who cares about pot?

herbie does!

Grace Slick is not with the band anymore and never will

quote:
kath wrote:
i never liked starship at all. but the airplane...how many nights did i stay at the municipal auditorium just totally wasted watching them play....gawd those were great days!!

Jefferson Starship and specially Starship were never a shadow of the airplane in the good ol days. I love the woodstcok performance with Nicky Hopkins on stage and the 1989 reunion (with Nicky too)

So you were high watching them play? LOL I'm sure the Airplane was one of those band with the full crowd totally high

Jefferson Airplane is one of my favourite bands of all time
September 28th, 2004 09:07 PM
kath was i high??? hello???

oh darlin'...was i ever!!!!!