ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Monumental Plaza de Toros, Barcelona, España 11 de junio de 1976
© 1976 Alma María Rico - Dedicado a Montana!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Visual Arts: Ronnie Wood (worldwide touring exhibition reveals Wood's talent and passion for art and Return to archive
September 25th, 2004 05:56 PM
MarthaMyDear Visual Arts: Ronnie Wood
HELEN MONAGHAN
http://www.theherald.co.uk/goingout/24487.html

To quote the infamous words of Michael Caine: "not a lot of people know that" Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood is also an artist. Although his career as a musician quickly overtook his early aspirations to be a painter (Wood studied at Ealing School of Art), he has continued to paint, draw and print for more than 35 years.

Primarily a portrait artist, his spontaneous style has captured the great icons of rock'n'roll including Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, John Lennon, Elvis Presley and Stones frontman Mick Jagger. This worldwide touring exhibition reveals Wood's talent and passion for art and features sketches, oils, screen prints and woodcuts. Subjects include portraits of his family, famous musicians, animal studies and images of his lifelong friend, the late comedian Peter Cook.

In Wood's own words: "I draw people whenever I can: in the studio, in the control room, when I get a bit of time I just do a quick sketch."

Until Sat Sep 25, noon-9pm, the Dome, George Street, Edinburgh, free, 0131 624 8624

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
September 26th, 2004 01:19 AM
Soldatti Thanks for the article
September 26th, 2004 05:41 AM
F505 very sad thread
September 26th, 2004 05:45 AM
MarthaMyDear Thank you, Soldatti!!! F505, SHUT-UP!!!!!!!
ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P LAUGHING!!!!!!!!
freak... lol...................... :P HE!!! HE!!!
HE!!! ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
September 26th, 2004 02:51 PM
Soldatti
quote:
F505 wrote:
very sad thread

Why Why?