ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Monumental Plaza de Toros, Barcelona, España 11 de junio de 1976
© 1976 Alma María Rico - Dedicado a Montana!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I once was blind... Return to archive
September 25th, 2004 11:22 AM
egon but now I can see. Or rather HEAR!

doo doo doo dude (tom) was kind enough to sent me a copy of brussels affair an it fucking rocks!!!!

As a bootleg virgin I always thought that the sound was horrible (just a guy in the audience with a tape recorder), but brussels sounds fantastic!!!
Can anyone tell me how the hell they record this?

And the band... on fire. I definitely have never seen or heard "those" stones live before.

Now excuse me, i have some more listening to do as Tom also sent me "get you leeds lungs out". :-))

[Edited by egon]
September 25th, 2004 11:37 AM
Angiegirl Enjoy the listen Egon, they're classix.

Happy ontmaagding...
September 25th, 2004 11:46 AM
M.O.W.A.T. Do yourself a favour and get Gorgeous Girls Redux (or Handsome Girls) from the 78 tour next. Fucking rocks!!!
September 25th, 2004 11:53 AM
Sir Stonesalot Egon...

Brussels Affair was recorded for the radio show King Biscuit Flower Hour, also known as KBFH. As you can hear, the recording is broadcast quality. There are lots of bootleg recordings that sound as good, if not better, than Brussels Affair.

Once you have digested Brussels Affair, I suggest you aquire Handsome Girls or Hampton 81. I could provide you with either one, or both. PM me with questions.

Welcome to the Dark Side.
September 25th, 2004 12:08 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
but now I can see. Or rather HEAR!

doo doo doo dude (tom) was kind enough to sent me a copy of brussels affair an it fucking rocks!!!!

As a bootleg virgin I always thought that the sound was horrible (just a guy in the audience with a tape recorder), but brussels sounds fantastic!!!
Can anyone tell me how the hell they record this?

And the band... on fire. I definitely have never seen or heard "those" stones live before.

Now excuse me, i have some more listening to do as Tom also sent me "get you leeds lungs out". :-))

[Edited by egon]

Egon my fav fada if you want a copy of handsome girl so tell me..it will be faster for you cuz only 150 kms separate us, so don t hesitate bro

Hey SS, glad to read you again,it 's so COOL to talk about music on this board
September 25th, 2004 12:10 PM
LadyJane IMO...NOTHING compares to Handsome Girls, especially Disc 3. Others are great....HG is outstanding. I play it more than any other CD.

Bless you mac_daddy for sending me this treasure!

LJ.
September 25th, 2004 02:27 PM
beer
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Hey SS, glad to read you again,it 's so COOL to talk about music on this board

I agree Jumacfly, it is good to talk about music here.it was starting to reek of dirty socks on Rocks off.
September 25th, 2004 02:38 PM
kath gorgeous girls redux is awesome!!!! most of the good sister's stuff is great!!!

ain't nuthin' like a good stones bootleg live show when properly mixed. almost as good as the real thing!!
September 25th, 2004 04:44 PM
Soldatti Brussels is the best boot ever. Handsome Girls & Hamton 81 are very good but nothing as Brussels.
Enjoy Egon!
September 25th, 2004 10:02 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Brussels is the best boot ever. Handsome Girls & Hamton 81 are very good but nothing as Brussels.
Enjoy Egon!

Damn right my hermano! Nice sunday for ya
September 26th, 2004 01:43 AM
Soldatti
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Damn right my hermano! Nice sunday for ya

Thanks! Have a nice sunday too
September 26th, 2004 02:23 AM
Zack
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Brussels is the best boot ever. Handsome Girls & Hamton 81 are very good but nothing as Brussels.
Enjoy Egon!

Agree. I have a wonderful memory of my first hearing of Brussels, like a momentous historical event. Released recordings offer little evidence of what MT could do.

Egon, I suggest working backwards through the Taylor era, first the Australian tour from 2/73 then the summer 72 US tour. I can help if you'd like to PM me.
September 26th, 2004 11:20 AM
nankerphelge I still have HG discs 3 and 4 in the car.

Never leave home without 'em!
September 26th, 2004 11:47 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I still have HG discs 3 and 4 in the car.

the intro of star star on disc 3 is a great moment: listen how our dear Charlie brings the groove!!!
September 26th, 2004 02:59 PM
Soldatti
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I still have HG discs 3 and 4 in the car.

Good decition! I went to vacations for two weeks on January and you don't know how much missed that CD's.
September 27th, 2004 10:12 AM
Joey " Once you have digested Brussels Affair, I suggest you aquire Handsome Girls or Hampton 81. I could provide you with either one, or both. PM me with questions.

Welcome to the Dark Side."

I would like to nuzzle you .
September 28th, 2004 06:12 AM
egon Thanks for your kind replies/info/offers to burn some more boots.

Where else in life do you find people that you don't (really) know, who are willing to help you out?

FANTASTIC!

I'd very much like to take you guys up on the offer, and who knows i might have something to trade for it.
(though, don't get too excited...)

But as i'm very busy at the moment, i'll have to come back on this a little later.

Cheers,
Egon
September 28th, 2004 11:31 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
Thanks for your kind replies/info/offers to burn some more boots.

Where else in life do you find people that you don't (really) know, who are willing to help you out?

FANTASTIC!

I'd very much like to take you guys up on the offer, and who knows i might have something to trade for it.
(though, don't get too excited...)

But as i'm very busy at the moment, i'll have to come back on this a little later.

Cheers,
Egon

you got PM you fada
September 28th, 2004 02:06 PM
glencar I just got "Brussels" from someone here(thanks FG!) & it does indeed rock. I think I have ahndsome Girls but I must have an abridged version. I didn't realize it had 4 discs.
September 28th, 2004 02:17 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
I just got "Brussels" from someone here(thanks FG!) & it does indeed rock. I think I have ahndsome Girls but I must have an abridged version. I didn't realize it had 4 discs.

Hi Glencar
4 discs and a great design too
September 28th, 2004 02:18 PM
glencar Is Tattooed Girls part of Handsome Girls, J?
September 28th, 2004 02:28 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is Tattooed Girls part of Handsome Girls, J?

never heard of tatooed girls, but my guess would be NO.
September 28th, 2004 02:51 PM
marko I could easily recommed 50 must have sbd´s.List is endless.
September 28th, 2004 03:11 PM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:

Cheers,
Egon

Boozing ?!?!

J
September 28th, 2004 03:44 PM
doo doo doo Dude Hey egon. Glad to hear you're enjoying Brussels Affair so much. It too is my favorite. Think you're going to love Leeds Lungs too.

And you do indeed need to seek out Handsome Girls, a kick-ass testament to the glory of the early Wood years. Take care.

your pal,

ddddude