ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Monumental Plaza de Toros, Barcelona, España 11 de junio de 1976
© 1976 Alma María Rico - Dedicado a Montana!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger/Crowe duet Return to archive
September 24th, 2004 07:03 PM
Jaxx so has anyone else listened to "old habits die hard"? its a pretty mellow ballad, but crowe and jagger sing well together. jagger's voice sounds right on.
September 24th, 2004 07:58 PM
glencar She's on it too? I did not KNOW that...
September 24th, 2004 10:07 PM
Soldatti I never heard about Crow with Mick...
September 25th, 2004 02:14 AM
Jaxx oh. i was timid because i thought this was old news. here's the scoop:

Rock legends Mick Jagger and Sheryl Crow are giving AOL the world premiere of their new duet, 'Old Habits Die Hard.' The song is on the soundtrack for the new movie, 'Alfie,' out in late October.

September 25th, 2004 03:25 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Take a listen here http://music.channel.aol.com/franchise/firstlisten.adp
September 25th, 2004 09:56 AM
luxury1 Jaxx, I agree. It is a catchy, singalong ballad, and the vocals do sound very nice. I think this could have easily fit on Goddess (or Dogshit in the Doorway, whichever camp one was in).
September 25th, 2004 10:52 AM
Nellcote I'm down with it, sounds like "Say You Will" somewhat.
I kind of loathe Sheryl Crow, however, given her hookup
with the Stones, this was kind of inevitable.
September 25th, 2004 04:34 PM
Soldatti It's on the GITD style. The Crow voices were added because I heard a version without she.
September 25th, 2004 05:32 PM
Prodigal Son Haven't heard it yet. But I'm sure it can't be that bad, considering nothing could top the steaming pile of crap that was "Photograph" with Kid Crock. Nothing could ever equal that duet to forget.
September 25th, 2004 06:07 PM
EQUI when the soundtrack hit the streets??? Anyone knows?
September 26th, 2004 01:20 AM
Soldatti
quote:
EQUI wrote:
when the soundtrack hit the streets??? Anyone knows?

Soundtrack: October 18 (Europe), 19 (US)
Old Habits Die Hard (Single): October 25 (Europe)

Welcome!
September 26th, 2004 01:24 AM
Soldatti You can download the song here (MP3):
http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3254C4B62394C8E92CD2E78D06BE1092

[Edited by Soldatti]
September 26th, 2004 08:19 PM
Night Clerk Whew...its Sheryl Crow you're talking about. From the header, I was afraid you were talking about Russell Crowe.
September 26th, 2004 08:37 PM
gotdablouse Same here on the Crow/Crowe confusion...that sounded like a scary proposition!

Soldatti where did you hear that other version? Are you referring to the one from the trailer?
September 26th, 2004 10:53 PM
Soldatti
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Soldatti where did you hear that other version? Are you referring to the one from the trailer?

Yes...
September 27th, 2004 08:22 AM
corgi37 Oh, man, Russel Crowe. He's sort of forgotten about his "band" lately. Praise Allah! Man, who told him he could sing. Or, more to the point, hasnt some one got the guts to tell him he cant sing?

As for my Sheryl, you bastards leave her alone. That Kid Frock duet was mighty MOR, but she looked awesome. For an old skank.

I have my crooked, callussed and cigarette stained fingers crossed she may be bare foot if there is a clip of her and Jagger's duet.
September 27th, 2004 01:41 PM
Soldatti
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I have my crooked, callussed and cigarette stained fingers crossed she may be bare foot if there is a clip of her and Jagger's duet.

September 27th, 2004 02:11 PM
Monkey Woman Thanks for the link, Soldatti! I quite like the song. Nice melody, and the little falsetto on the chorus is classic.
September 27th, 2004 03:10 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Night Clerk wrote:
Whew...its Sheryl Crow you're talking about. From the header, I was afraid you were talking about Russell Crowe.

ha!

yeah I was thinking BLACK CROWES. Huge difference between Sheryl CROW and Black CROWES. So get the spelling right please!

Jagger playing with the Crowes would fuckin rock!

Jagger playing with Sheryl Crow is as about as exciting as him playing with Rob Thomas.

and by exciting I mean just fucking lame
September 27th, 2004 07:29 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Thanks for the link, Soldatti! I quite like the song. Nice melody, and the little falsetto on the chorus is classic.

I think that can be a good hit for Mick thanks to Crow's help. She is very famous on mainstream pop radio and had 3 Top 40 singles on the last year including his duet with Kid Rock on "Picture".
September 28th, 2004 03:45 AM
padre Whatever happened to those tracks that Keith wrote for Sheryl Crow a few years back? Did she ever record any?
September 28th, 2004 07:17 PM
Soldatti
quote:
padre wrote:
Whatever happened to those tracks that Keith wrote for Sheryl Crow a few years back? Did she ever record any?

You are talking about "High And Low"?
Crow left the song out of her last album, you can imagine the quality...
September 28th, 2004 10:49 PM
corgi37 I'm really pissed her career has completely died here in Oz. Her last hit was "if it makes you happy". Everything else has died. Which meant i hardly got to see her looking especially yummy in her "follow the sun" clip, though cable played it a bit in OUR summer.

Her greatest hits cd didnt even hit the charts. You see, we are more of a rocky country, than a MOR/country country.

Doesnt help that she doesnt tour here. Mind you, she doesnt tour because probably her cd's dont sell.

Man, life is a vicious circle, aint it?