ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Monumental Plaza de Toros, Barcelona, España 11 de junio de 1976
© 1976 Alma María Rico - Dedicado a Montana!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New and worse tracklist for Live Licks! Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 26th, 2004 06:38 AM
sj I second that!! Classic comment. Caused me to LOL*3.
Thanks Gazza.
September 26th, 2004 02:53 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Bon Jovi are the Al-Queda of rock 'n' roll.

September 27th, 2004 02:41 AM
corgi37 Oh, come on, stop being so negative. We could always do with another version of Brown Sugar, Street Fighting man, Gimme Shelter and Satisfaction.

BLECH!!

I wont be fool enough to part with any money for this crap. I dont think i would even bother to download it. I'd prefer something from 72 or 81 to this junk.

Gazza, i disagree with your thoughts that they dont have much stuff in the vaults. The Pirate himself has confirmed they have tonnes and tonnes of stuff. Look, alot of it may be just jams, but there would be at least 20 songs that could go on a "rarities" release. Maybe the hassle is that some of the really important rarities, might be ABCO owned. Here's a quick 10 song list. I'm not going for the ultra rare stuff, but the quircky stuff that the casual fan could appreciate, not just us hard core nuts.

1. Brown Sugar w/Clapton
2. Miss You 12" - it's long since deleted.
3. Cocksucker Blues - both versions
4. Claudine
5. Drift Away
6. Start me up - reggae version (P.S. anyone heard it?)
7. Think i'm going mad

and all the bucket loads of stuff from SG-SW, VL & b2b

And, Gazza again, good point about Neil Young's boxed set. Man, i've been waiting since 89 or so for that to come out. I think he put out Lucky 13 as a stop-gap, and that was it. But, at least he gives his fans new material almost yearly (every 2 years at the very outside).

As we know, it's been 7 years between drinks. It's very definately the Stones shout!
September 27th, 2004 04:06 AM
erikjjf Miss You 12" is available as a b-side of the Don't Stop single. European version, at least.
September 27th, 2004 05:11 AM
Gazza Gazza, i disagree with your thoughts that they dont have much stuff in the vaults. The Pirate himself has confirmed they have tonnes and tonnes of stuff. Look, alot of it may be just jams, but there would be at least 20 songs that could go on a "rarities" release.

Oh I know they have shitloads of stuff in the vaults. My point was that I don't think it's indispensable stuff. The Stones have a good track record for releasing the best stuff that theyve recorded. There isnt a lot of studio outtakes where youd think "how COUULD they NOT have released that before now" unlike Dylan, Springsteen, Young etc. Like I said, interesting but not necessarily great.

As for Neil Young - I'll send something you may like from Neil in that package I'm sending you soon.
September 27th, 2004 08:17 AM
corgi37 Cool. That would be great. And i hope to do the return favour for you soon. I gotta get some cd-r's first, and my stupid mate was supposed to bring his cd's to a 40th last month, but the dickhead went to the footy, and his wife forgot. No matter, i'll send you 1 now, and more later. And when it comes in a Police envelope - DONT PANIC!
September 27th, 2004 07:23 PM
Soldatti I'm with your Corgy, what the hell happened with the Memory Hotel album, for example?
September 27th, 2004 07:26 PM
Gazza was that album ever anything more than a rumour?

I remember seeing a list of some song titles for it when it was first rumoured ("Poor Little Johnny Glass", "Valley Place" etc) but I thought they were bogus
September 27th, 2004 07:30 PM
Some Guy This will be a great album....... for me to poop on!
September 27th, 2004 07:46 PM
Bloozehound I'd gladly purchase a box set of Stones rarities over this Live Licks bullshit any ole day, even if I'd heard most the rarities before on bootlegs. Hell, I'd gladly purchase just about anything new from them as long as it isn't another greatest hits comp I don't need, or a live album I don't want
September 27th, 2004 07:57 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I remember seeing a list of some song titles for it when it was first rumoured ("Poor Little Johnny Glass", "Valley Place" etc) but I thought they were bogus

Never heard about that songs, never on my life.
September 28th, 2004 02:07 AM
corgi37 What about songs like Petrol and Jah is not dead?
September 28th, 2004 02:34 PM
tumbling dice Where's Parachute Woman?Maybe Love Train will be a good single but it's not on the tracklist.The stones are really redundant nowadays.
Page: 1 2