ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Monumental Plaza de Toros, Barcelona, España 11 de junio de 1976
© 1976 Alma María Rico - Dedicado a Montana!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New and worse tracklist for Live Licks! Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 24th, 2004 01:37 PM
Soldatti I can't believe it!

CD 1:
1. Brown Sugar
2. Street Fighting Man
3. Paint It, Black
4. You Can't Always Get What You Want
5. Start Me Up
6. It's Only Rock n' Roll
7. Angie
8. Honky Tonk Women
9. Happy
10. Gimme Shelter
11. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

CD 2:
1. Neighbours
2. Monkey Man
3. Rocks Off
4. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
5. That's How Strong My Love Is
6. The Nearness Of You
7. Beast Of Burden
8. When The Whip Comes Down
9. Rock Me, Baby
10. You Don't Have To Mean It
11. Worried About You
12. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love

http://www.sympathyforthedevils.com/LiveLicks.htm
September 24th, 2004 01:40 PM
jb Dreadful...this will sell less than 56k domestically...
September 24th, 2004 01:52 PM
Moonisup fuck,

we get fucked in the arse big time

sad news
September 24th, 2004 02:50 PM
Gimme Shelter So when is it coming out?
September 24th, 2004 03:09 PM
Dan I knew the original tracklist was bogus. The band only did multi-track recording at a few shows. Its only stuff thats on 40 Flicks and I already made CD rips of the DVDs.
Less than 56k is very realistic as I know I am not buying it.
September 24th, 2004 03:18 PM
Gazza >So when is it coming out?

November 1st.

What a shitty selection. Nothing there (correct me if I'm wrong) that wasnt on the DVD - I'd hope it's different versions at least, but if it's basically an audio soundtrack of Four Flicks I fucking give up. It would be a new low in cynicism.

Eleven songs less than the original, with most of the exclusions being the rarities and not the warhorses.

Wonderful.

Do the Stones KNOW the meaning of the word "redundant" ?

September 24th, 2004 03:23 PM
Dan >Do the Stones KNOW the meaning of the word "redundant" ?

record
tour
live album/vacation

wash rinse repeat

It will be the same versions unless there are new overdubs.
September 24th, 2004 06:19 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Mick wants to re-name this "new" live album too:

New name: "Laughing All The Way To The Bank!"
September 24th, 2004 06:28 PM
kath where did "parachute woman" go????

that sucks!!!! i wanted to hear that again, and again..and again!!!
September 24th, 2004 06:34 PM
Mr Hess I just hope that 'Rock Me Baby' is from the Orpheum show, with Buddy Guy.
September 24th, 2004 06:44 PM
kath yeah, not the one with ac/dc....
September 24th, 2004 07:16 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
Mick wants to re-name this "new" live album too:
New name: "Laughing All The Way To The Bank!"

Over the years, quite a few signs point to the fact that Mick may not be the most "money hungry" member of the Glimmer Twins, behind the "Cool Pirate" surface of the other one, you've still got a pirate and an extra lazy one at that these days...
September 24th, 2004 07:59 PM
glencar Great point, gotdablues! Keith likes his money just as much as Mick.
September 24th, 2004 08:23 PM
Gazza Glencar

I sense the issue of the previously discussed "Rolling Stones Greatest Shits" may soon be upon us!

be afraid!
September 24th, 2004 10:01 PM
Steel Wheels BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What a load of crap this is. I though the live stuff was covered, and covered fantastically, with 4 Flicks. I don't need a warmed over 2 disc set.

Boooooooo!
September 24th, 2004 10:18 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
Great point, gotdablues! Keith likes his money just as much as Mick.

Now we are talking about the true...
September 24th, 2004 10:27 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I sense the issue of the previously discussed "Rolling Stones Greatest Shits" may soon be upon us!

Wait and see, you prediction is near

I think that on few years we will have dozens of Stones CD's with unreleased material. From the BBC sessions, the 1968-69 great material, the 20-30 outtakes from Goats Head Soup/Some Girls/Emotional Rescue sessions, some Dirty Work outtake material and loads of tunes from the Steel Wheels/Voodoo Lounge/Bridges/Paris 2002/new album/ sessions.
I still have hopes in the future, if Bon Jovi will release in November a 5 CD's set of unreleased songs, imagine the Stones...
September 24th, 2004 10:30 PM
Scot Rocks What a joke, the Stones are becoming tired, when they were at their peak they were the best as they were on the edge a bit dangerous and brilliant at it, now we can only take so much of the same corporate bullshit.

I know they are old now, but I still dream that the Stones could still do something new and exciting, which I know is something that will probably never happen.

Mark
September 24th, 2004 10:33 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
I know they are old now, but I still dream that the Stones could still do something new and exciting

...or like I said before why not unreleased stuff?
September 25th, 2004 01:49 AM
Mr Hess They've been coasting a little too much lately.
September 25th, 2004 04:13 AM
Poplar
What's the phrase ... Senioritis?!! Despite this shamefull episode, I still kinda feel two good things coming: 1) a respectably interesting album, and 2) yup, a bonanza of unreleased stuff. I'm guessing after the next (& last) tour. Still things to look forward to folks, but this is pretty lame.

Now, I have a REAL post for y'all .. another drink and I'll get started on it.

September 25th, 2004 08:04 AM
Gazza >I still have hopes in the future, if Bon Jovi will release in November a 5 CD's set of unreleased songs, imagine the Stones...

you're fucking kidding me, right?

5 CD's of Bon Jovi songs that weren't previously considered GOOD enough to be released?

How hideous can THAT possibly sound?

September 25th, 2004 04:30 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
you're fucking kidding me, right?

5 CD's of Bon Jovi songs that weren't previously considered GOOD enough to be released?

How hideous can THAT possibly sound?

5 CD's: 50 unreleased songs + all the b-sides + some new songs.
How can sound? Who knows? This year is the 20 aniversary of Bon Jovi formation and they will release this box set. How many aniversaries had the Stones? No box sets still...
September 25th, 2004 04:45 PM
Gazza They're 20 years old and they're releasing 5 CD's of unreleased material. How many albums have they made - about 10 perhaps?

Their last album was an acoustic reworking of their old material. It bombed and they're considering their future, apparently.

There's a major difference. The Stones are the greatest rock 'n' roll band of all time. Bon Jovi are the Al-Queda of rock 'n' roll. The concept of listening to about 6 hours of material than Bon Jovi rejected for years is too horrible a thought to contemplate.

I don't think it matters a damn if the Stones release a "boxed set" in the near future. Why should they? It's not like - ever since Dylan did it - every major act has to feel compelled to dust off their vaults and serve up their leftovers. Most bands simply don't have the quality in their archives to make such a collection worthwhile. IMO the only two such releases of this nature that have been worthy of acclaim so far were Dylan and Springsteen's (I'd add the Johnny Cash "Unearthed" set to that but that doesnt really count as it's not a career-long collection of outtakes, just from the final ten years). To be honest, I'm not even sure there is enough good material in the Stones' vaults to justify it. It would be an interesting release maybe, but not necessarily a great one.

They have until the end of time to put out unreleased material after their career is over. Ok, it's been 7 years next week since their last studio album which is ridiculous, and in that time it would have been nice to get something of this nature, but I'd take a new studio album over a set of old leftovers anyday.

And if you think that's bad, spare a thought for Neil Young fans. Around the tenth anniversary of the release of his previous career retrospective "Decade" (ie in 1987), Neil started talking about opening the vaults and releasing a boxed set of unreleased material - which in some cases would include entire albums of material which had been recorded, mixed,sequenced and then abandoned - a project which could run from anything from 10 to 20 discs.
Seventeen years on - and with several more additions to the archives in that time - it's still a pipedream
September 25th, 2004 05:05 PM
Soldatti I see one difference Gazza:

The Stones recent releases are for the mases and not for the fans: Forty Licks, Four Flicks at $30, Jump Back, Mick's soundtrack duets, Live Licks...

Bon Jovi will release something for his fans.

I'm not talking about who is the best because is ridiculous but I think that the Stones strategy is nothing good for us and less for his reputation.
September 25th, 2004 05:09 PM
Gazza I'll give you that one, OK..fair enough

I just wanted a cheap excuse to do some Bonjovi-bashing
September 25th, 2004 06:50 PM
Mr Hess Well, I'm a completist, so I'll buy the damn thing anyhow.
September 26th, 2004 01:34 AM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I'll give you that one, OK..fair enough

I just wanted a cheap excuse to do some Bonjovi-bashing

September 26th, 2004 01:40 AM
Soldatti
quote:
Mr Hess wrote:
Well, I'm a completist, so I'll buy the damn thing anyhow.

If you're talking about the Bon Jovi set I will kill myself!
September 26th, 2004 03:11 AM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Bon Jovi are the Al-Queda of rock 'n' roll.

Thank you Gazza, I love you for that!!!
Page: 1 2