ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Monumental Plaza de Toros, Barcelona, España 11 de junio de 1976
© 1976 Alma María Rico - Dedicado a Montana!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "what if's" to ponder Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 23rd, 2004 08:31 PM
kmc What if ....

1. Brian Jones had cleaned up his act and gone out on tour with the Stones in 1969?

2. Keith had gone to jail for 20 years for the Canadian drug bust?

3. Mick Jagger had a hugely successful first solo album?

4. The Rolling Stones had been managed by Giorgio Gomelsky instead of Andrew Loog Oldham?

5. The Stones had actually made a movie called “Only Lovers Left Alive?”

6. The Hell’s Angels weren’t asked to be the security at Altamont?

7. Ron Wood turned the group down when asked to join?

8. Keith hadn’t purchased a fuzz box just previous to recording “Satisfaction?”

9. Ian Stewart wasn’t asked to leave the original band?

10. Mick and Marianne Faithfull had married?
September 23rd, 2004 08:46 PM
Gazza >1. Brian Jones had cleaned up his act and gone out on tour with the Stones in 1969?

they'd have either fallen apart within a couple of years or Brian would have done so himself. He'd still have left anyway. His drug problem was only part of it. His relationship with Keith (and Mick) was past the point of no return.

They'd have split up

Ditto

4. The Rolling Stones had been managed by Giorgio Gomelsky instead of Andrew Loog Oldham?

Good question. They'd still have been successful in some way but probably less commercially not as instantly and with less notoriety.

it would have been a snuff movie

"Gimme Shelter" wouldnt have been as great a movie as it already is! Maybe they should have asked the Plastercasters instead.

they'd have probably hired Wayne Perkins and gone all funky on our ass. And then split up by the end of the 70's.

it would have ended up as an album track. Mick and Keith didnt want the song as a single. Brian, Bill and Charlie outvoted them.

I doubt it would have made much difference in the long-term.

he'd have still fucked around. As would she. And she'd still prefer Keith.

[Edited by Gazza]
September 23rd, 2004 08:46 PM
kath what if thinking about this stuff gives me a headache...
September 23rd, 2004 08:50 PM
Gazza take Anaddin!
September 23rd, 2004 08:56 PM
kmc gazza -

i'm in agreement with all except if keith had gone to jail.
think mick's ego would have kept the stones going. maybe an eric clapton / pete townsend replacement.
September 23rd, 2004 09:10 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
kmc wrote:
What if ....

1. Brian Jones had cleaned up his act and gone out on tour with the Stones in 1969?

futher to gazza's responses:

re 1. - even if he'd cleaned up his drug convictions would have still meant no entry to the USA

2. 20 years was never going to happen - trafficking charge was never going to stick - at the time i think max penalty for possession was seven years - but I agree with Gazza anything more than a two year stretch would have seen the end of the band

re 8. - with no fuzz box they may well have done the track (and the riff) as keith originally perceived it - with a horn section a la Martha Reeves & the Vandellas

re 6. - Meredith Hunter would have survived the gig

September 23rd, 2004 09:14 PM
kath excellent answers, gazza!!
September 23rd, 2004 10:22 PM
Soldatti Great posts both, Gazza and stonedinaustralia.
September 23rd, 2004 10:36 PM
Mr Hess Great thread!!
September 23rd, 2004 11:20 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
re 6. - Meredith Hunter would have survived the gig

Yeah, and we would've never had this joke going about never wearing a green suit to a Stones show, that would've been such a shame. Go Sonny!!
September 23rd, 2004 11:45 PM
BILL PERKS THE DEFINING MOMENT OF THE STONES CONTINUING PAST DIRTY WORK WAS CHARLIE CLEANING UP-IF HE HAD CONTINUED JUNKING THEY WOULD HAVE ENDED..AND MADE JB HAPPY
September 24th, 2004 04:17 AM
scratched What if my Auntie had bollocks?

She'd be my uncle.
September 24th, 2004 06:43 AM
egon 11. what if the stones recorded a new album?

How about that?
September 24th, 2004 08:19 AM
Gazza I refer you to my previous answers to 2 & 3!
September 24th, 2004 11:01 AM
jb What if the great MT had not left the group?
What if Bill Perks did not type in all caps?
What if SS wasn't so serious?
What if Babie Steelie did not make the transition?
What if the C10 opened a gay nightclub?
What if Nanker shaved his sac?
What if Gypsy and I were together?
What if Joey and I stopped posting?
What if Marko was Puerto Rican?
WHat if my penis was cut off?
[Edited by jb]
September 24th, 2004 11:08 AM
Joey

What if there was no Lambchop ?!?!?!

Shiver ..................................

Oh, OH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Developing .....................literally !

Happy Yom Kippur Josh

*************** END TRANSMISSION *********************
September 24th, 2004 11:12 AM
Sir Stonesalot >What if the C10 opened a gay nightclub?<

JB would have a place to play hide the keilbasa with Joey.
September 24th, 2004 11:17 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

What if there was no Lambchop ?!?!?!

Shiver ..................................

Oh, OH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Developing .....................literally !

Happy Yom Kippur Josh

*************** END TRANSMISSION *********************

Thanks Joey...as the day of atonement comes near, i shall pray for forgivenees for SS and others who have spoken harshly of us...God will ultimately have to judge these evil people and hopefully his judgment will not be as harsh as I anticipate.....By the way, the Canes looked average last night in whiiping Houston 38-13 and Hurricane Jeanne my very well hbit us again!!!!
September 24th, 2004 11:18 AM
Joey

" JB would have a place to play hide the keilbasa with Joey. "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" JB would have a place to play hide the keilbasa with Joey. "

Jesus !!!!!

J. Kins !!!!

September 24th, 2004 11:24 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks Joey...as the day of atonement comes near, i shall pray for forgivenees for SS and others who have spoken harshly of us...God will ultimately have to judge these evil people and hopefully his judgment will not be as harsh as I anticipate.....By the way, the Canes looked average last night in whiiping Houston 38-13 and Hurricane Jeanne my very well hbit us again!!!!

Thank You Brother Josh ....................

The " Evil Ones " ( See : S.S. ) will one day face the wrath of GOD and it ain't gonna be pretty ; but have no fear my Jewish Brother !!! --- Together we shall persevere , see wrong and right it , see suffering and heal it .....see S.S. and stop it !

Regarding Hurricane Jeanne , I have already been in contact with the legendary MRD8 ( Bob Mc. ) and have wished his family and himself well -- I looks as though Cape Kennedy is going to take a direct hit on this one but Miami has GOT to feel EXTREMELY some Heavy Weather !!!

Jacky
September 24th, 2004 11:27 AM
jb Hopefully the Phins/Steelers game will be canceled to avoid another loss....Didn't Cowart "do" his old quarterback's sister?
September 24th, 2004 11:31 AM
telecaster
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>What if the C10 opened a gay nightclub?<

JB would have a place to play hide the keilbasa with Joey.

That reminds me, it is 2 for 1 night at the "Manhole" on Fridays

Thanks
September 24th, 2004 11:34 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Hopefully the Phins/Steelers game will be canceled to avoid another loss....Didn't Cowart "do" his old quarterback's sister?

No , but Marty Schottenheimer ( Shot - and - a - Beer - Meister ) knocked up his daughter's co-ed girlfriend ( circa 1998 )

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J kins !
September 24th, 2004 11:35 AM
egon Joey,

Have you every been in a turkish prison?
September 24th, 2004 11:39 AM
Sir Stonesalot >The " Evil Ones " ( See : S.S. ) will one day face the wrath of GOD<

Well, seeing as how I don't believe in God or afterlife, your threat is pretty lame.

JoeJoe...since Lambykins won't swab you, you should just wrap JB's lil' pecker in guaze next time he packs yer fudge. At least he can get 3 inches of your rectum clean....better than nuthin'.
September 24th, 2004 11:40 AM
jb http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077928/
September 24th, 2004 11:41 AM
jb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>The " Evil Ones " ( See : S.S. ) will one day face the wrath of GOD<

Well, seeing as how I don't believe in God or afterlife, your threat is pretty lame.

JoeJoe...since Lambykins won't swab you, you should just wrap JB's lil' pecker in guaze next time he packs yer fudge. At least he can get 3 inches of your rectum clean....better than nuthin'.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077928/
September 24th, 2004 11:42 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
Joey,

Have you every been in a turkish prison?

Egon ......................do they serve " Jaggerbombs " there ?!?!?!

Do you " freeze " your Jager like it is supposed to be ?!?!

http://www.jager.com/

Developing .............................

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Bercy !
September 24th, 2004 11:43 AM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Hold On S.S. ..............................

S.S. Hold On .............................

...it will be alright ................gonna win the fight .

Joey Lennon !
September 24th, 2004 03:29 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>The " Evil Ones " ( See : S.S. ) will one day face the wrath of GOD<

'Sex and the City' Star Switches Roles

Fri Sep 24,12:13 PM ET

By JAKE COYLE, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - "Sex and the City" has taken on a whole new meaning for Cynthia Nixon. The actress, who just won an Emmy for her role as Miranda Hobbes in the hit HBO comedy, is in a relationship with another woman, a source who works with Nixon told The Associated Press on Friday.

The New York Daily News and the New York Post reported Friday that Nixon has been dating a woman since January. The woman is neither in the public eye nor living with Nixon.

"We will not confirm or deny anything," Nixon's publicist, Carrie Ross, told AP.

"My private life is private," Nixon told the Daily News. "But at the same time, I have nothing to hide. So what I will say is that I am very happy."

The actress split in June 2003 with photographer and high school sweetheart Danny Mozes, whom she'd been with for 15 years (but never married). They now share custody of their two children.

If "Sex and the City" were to be believed, the revelation would have been more expected from Kim Cattrall (news)'s character, Samantha, whose many, many TV conquests included one woman.

Nixon's lawyer character was the cool professional of the bunch, although her boss mistook her for a lesbian in the first season and set her up with a woman, resulting in a single kiss. But Miranda never dallied further and ended up married to her bartender boyfriend.

After two previous nominations, Nixon, 38, won an Emmy this year for her performance on the HBO show. She is working on "Tanner on Tanner," a Robert Altman and Gary Trudeau miniseries for the Sundance Channel.

Page: 1 2