ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Cover of our boot!
Exclusive Pic provided by Moy!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Orleans???????? Return to archive
10-03-02 11:35 AM
winter Is there any word on a New Orleans show? Seeing the snippet of the big easy last night got me thinking that it would be a great place to see a show. I've been to marti gras a couple of times and last year's Super Bowl - what a frickin' city.

wintahhhhhhhhh
10-03-02 11:47 AM
jb Last time they played Superdome, only 35,000...I doubt it...
10-03-02 11:50 AM
winter Damn dead weight southerners, we should have let them succeed from the union,

wintah
10-03-02 11:56 AM
jb I was at Superdome in 1978..literally 80,000 ..filled to the Brim...one of the bests stones concerts I have ever been to...I also saw Stevie wonder that year!!!LOL
10-03-02 02:04 PM
stonedintheozarks don't go knocking the south man! first time i saw the stones was in new orleans, the '81 tour 84,000 to 85,000 were there also. it broke the attendence record for a indoor show at that time.
10-03-02 02:25 PM
jb I was 16 and we took a greyhound to New Orleans..the Superdome was located in some horrible, high crime area...some guy at the greyhound station tried to rip me off and thankfully some employee helped me out.
10-03-02 02:35 PM
stonedintheozarks so your the guy we tried to rip off. kidding. sorry about your troubles. 2 of the 5 friends i went with went to jail for peeing in the fountain at the sisters of the court place. they were drunk and didn't know were they were at. the cops were assholes but everyone else was great at. i havn't missed a stones tour since.
10-03-02 02:38 PM
winter JB:

You have the worst luck, do you ever go somewhere and not get/almost get your ass kicked? Philly, New Orleans? Must be your lawyerly charm. It probably doesn't help if you walk down the street telling people how much money you make -

I can see it now, "Hi Mr. Homeless Man, I have an $8k plasma TV, a $75,000 Mercedes and my kids go to the finest schools money can buy (in south Florida, that is)."

-Whapap, thump, splat!

Ha!

Winter
10-03-02 02:45 PM
jb I was only 16..not rich!!! The Philly thing could happen to anyone.. they are a vile group of people...StonesDoug's sister-in-law was urinated on by some freak in the middle of the show...I would much rahter be punched than pissed on!!!
[Edited by jb]
10-03-02 02:47 PM
JaggaRichards I hope the good people of New Orleans don't get wiped out by the hurricane.
10-03-02 02:55 PM
winter Agreed!!! I never really got into that pee on me thing either, I've heard some guys like that. Both Philly and N'orlins are pretty wild places. I went to an Eagles game at the Vet once, and it made the old Foxboro Stadium look like Sunday School, the drunk factor is about 102%.

Wintah

10-03-02 03:01 PM
jb Macvca is there next week...to bad ..
10-03-02 03:04 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
Macvca is there next week...to bad ..

In florida??

oh no, the guy is everywhere,

Have you seen his paintings, man there ugly
10-03-02 03:19 PM
jb No, in New Orleans!!! One of my partners is flying in to see Macca!!! How fucking embarrassing!!!!