ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Cover of our boot!
Exclusive Pic provided by Moy!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New tunes on 40 Licks Return to archive
10-02-02 02:29 PM
TT OK, after having heard the new tunes in best possible quality:

1. Don�t Stop: Where is the single release? It could be a hit on the "normal" radio stations. They need airplay to prove they are still alive.

2. Stealing My Heart: Jagger song, OK. Play that bitch live, boys. The chorus and thje riffs are great and rocking, the verses are a bit too poppy, but goddamn: PLAY IT!!!

3. Keys to your love: A real nice one. I love that falsetto thing (he did it again) Why not play it live? In between two ballads...

4. Losing my touch. To me it�s the most fragile song I�ve ever heard. Now that happens what a friend of mine said years before: Keith will end up as a kind of soul/country singer. I don�t even hear a guitar (or is it just my imagination?) When did he write his last rocksong? In 1993?

10-02-02 02:34 PM
gimmekeef Think you are spot on with your assessments imho.Keys sure sounds like the next in line to Beast of Burden and Almost Hear You Sigh...very similar..but I still like it.
10-02-02 02:44 PM
stonesmik
quote:
TT wrote:
4. Losing my touch. To me it�s the most fragile song I�ve ever heard. Now that happens what a friend of mine said years before: Keith will end up as a kind of soul/country singer. I don�t even hear a guitar (or is it just my imagination?) When did he write his last rocksong? In 1993?

There is an acoustic guitar, best hearable at the beginning (right channel), I guess it's Keith, as well as the piano. There is also a steel guitar joining in at about 2:03, maybe Ronnie?

Of course he wrote his last rock song for "Bridges to Babylon". Long time ago, though.

If you like this style, listen to "Blind love" and "That feel", both by Tom Waits feat. Keith Richards. THAT'S the real stuff, fuckin' fantastic! Keith shouldn't do it alone.