ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Cover of our boot!
Exclusive Pic provided by Moy!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 40 Licks - edited songs? Return to archive
10-02-02 01:29 PM
ShannonDC I haven't had a chance to sit and listen to this set closely yet. Which songs were edited?

And while I'm at it, where is "Time is on my Side," "Heart of Stone," and "Waiting on a Friend?"

Thanks.
10-02-02 04:14 PM
KeepRigid It's mainly the Virgin tracks and essentially the same edits that appeared on Jump Back, although Emotional Rescue and IORR are faded out much earlier.

"And while I'm at it, where is "Time is on my Side," "Heart of Stone," and "Waiting on a Friend?""

If they hadn't included any new tracks, I would've added:

Little Red Rooster
Bitch
Waiting On A Friend
Harlem Shuffle
10-02-02 05:02 PM
gypsy I think "40 Licks" rojcks just the way it is! It is super KEWL!
10-02-02 05:03 PM
ShannonDC I agree. 50 or 60 Licks would have really done the job for this 'hits' package. Of course my favorites are rarely the hits, but they did leave out a few good ones - Play with Fire? Heartbreaker?