ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Cover of our boot!
Exclusive Pic provided by Moy!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: hey stonesmilk... Return to archive
10-02-02 09:36 AM
stonedinaustralia you misquoted me, as follows:

"stonedinaustralia wrote:
bla bla bla U2 bla bla Stones

bla bla stones stop bla bla blo

bli bla blo stones bla bla

bla bla u2's bla bla comprende?"

Brilliant!! � I take it you�re a big fan of oscar wilde as well as the stones.

Although I�m not really interested in getting into pointless arguments over issues that are really neither here nor there � that whole �stones successor� thing was nothing more than a bit of idle chat � and while I was always told to be patient with children and idiots - and I have tried with you - you have tried my patience beyond its limits

First, I was most disappointed I had to repeat myself re that �successor� business but either you can�t understand my point or you won�t � if the former, well, it just reflects on your intelligence (or lack thereof) and if the latter then on your basic pose i.e. that of a fuckwit

I notice that since you�ve appeared on this board I�m not the first person you�ve managed to get off�side � if I recall correctly sirmoonie took an immediate, almost intuitive, dislike to you � and I must admit, at the time, I felt some sympathy with his point of view and you have now confirmed that his instincts were correct

Not only that, you managed to get the usually unflappable AzQb to resort to telling you to �piss off� � so, well done mate, you really know how to get on with people don�t you?

I don�t subscribe to any theory of seniority around here - as far as I�m concerned whether you�ve been posting for two years or ten minutes you are just as entitled to air your opinion as anyone else and your opinion is just as valid as anyone else�s � nevertheless, while we are referred to as �members�, it�s my view that we are all guests here at the pleasure of gazza, jaxx and voodoochile and it behoves us to act accordingly � that is, you don�t go around annoying the other guests

You, however, have waded in here like you own the joint and have figuratively put your feet up on the dining-room table and started pontificating like some self-appointed stones guru (that is, when your posts actually conform to something resembling the rules of logic and syntax � which is about 50% of the time � as for the rest they are nothing short of meaningless babble) and coming across as a pretentious smart-arse � and, as we all know, no-one likes a smart-arse

Speaking of children, I notice your avatar and presume it is you � it brings to mind that saying �show me the boy to the age of seven and I will show you the man� - so what does your avatar tell me about you then � what do I see - a rude, obnoxious (yet still rather innocuous) little creep who thinks he�s a little bit smarter and and a little bit funnier than he really is and who still carries with him an air redolent of (soiled) nappy (or �diaper� for our american friends)

I won�t deny that when it comes to the stones you seem to know your stuff as far as the music, the minutiae and the history goes � I�ve even found myself agreeing with some of your observations - but there�s one thing about the stones which has completely escaped you � the attitude � you just don�t have it I�m afraid

Have a nice day

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]