ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Cover of our boot!
Exclusive Pic provided by Moy!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CHARLIE'S GOOD TONITE AINT HE? Return to archive
10-01-02 10:18 PM
BILL PERKS ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THAT CHARLIE IS REALLY PLAYING MORE AND GIVING IT A BIT MORE THAN PREVIOUS TOURS.HE SEEMS REALLY STRONG THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE SHOW AT THE THREE I'VE BEEN TO.THE WHOLE BAND IS FIRING ON ALL CYLINDERS AND MY ONLY COMPLAINTS HAVE BEEN SOUND(TECHNICAL)ISSUES HERE AND THERE.WE ARE TRULY BLESSED TO BE HEARING THEM AGAIN.KEYS TO YOUR LOVE AND STEALIN MY HEART ARE GREAT!
10-02-02 12:25 AM
parmeda Hey Bill...
A few weeks back when they were here in Chicago, Charlie looked as if he was having the time of his life. It was the first time, that I noticed, that he actually enjoyed his job. And I'm not ripping into the man by saying that. I've seen them countless times in the past...Charlie always made things look so effortlessly, as if he was bored at times. Who knows what happened to him this time around, but you can definately see and hear the difference. He truely seems to be enjoying the tour.
10-02-02 12:32 AM
Boomhauer I remember some prick posting a review about one of the Boston shows (if I remember correctly) and he/she was saying that Charlie looked frail, tired, and that Keith had to help Charlie get up and put a jacket on him because he is getting weak and old.

What a fucking crock of brazil nut shells.
10-02-02 01:20 AM
kc152 Yea I notice Charlie's greatness alot during Giants stadium. He was pounding away during YCAGWYW.
10-02-02 02:20 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Boomhauer wrote:
I remember some prick posting a review about one of the Boston shows (if I remember correctly) and he/she was saying that Charlie looked frail, tired, and that Keith had to help Charlie get up and put a jacket on him because he is getting weak and old.

What a fucking crock of brazil nut shells.

Indeed, that was on IORR and I posted that comment here, I just wanted to know if that was true,
Am I a prick now?

rik
[Edited by Moonisup]
10-02-02 08:56 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy At the end of the FleetCenter he did look *exausted*. He did have trouble getting down at the end to take the final bow, and Keith, I've decided, was probably nervous as hell. He was wandering between Darryl, Charlie and Ronnie the whole night, strumming occasionally.

But from what I've heard, it only goes up from there! Guess after the first night they've really been loosening up. And Charlie, for a 61-year-old-man, from the pictures and accounts I've seen from the other shows, is really phenomenal.

-tSYX --- I can't turn you loose!
10-02-02 09:24 AM
Boomhauer
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

Indeed, that was on IORR and I posted that comment here, I just wanted to know if that was true,
Am I a prick now?

rik
[Edited by Moonisup]

Well, you said you took it from IORR and posted it here, so I assume you didn't right it. So you are not a prick; you're a good guy.

And no it's not true. That was probably one of those angry, jealous, asshole FOrty Licks haters that have nothing better to do but come to the boards and cry like friggin' kids in a candy store.