ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Cover of our boot!
Exclusive Pic provided by Moy!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stone Magazine Readers' Poll Return to archive
10-01-02 05:38 PM
winter rollingstone.com has top 100 albums, as ranked by its readers. Apparently not a lot of Rolling Stones fans read Rolling Stone. Only 3 albums in the top 100:

68 - Let It Bleed
30 - Sticky Fingers
13 - Exile on Main Street

No - Some Girls, Aftermath, Now, Beggar's Banquet - WTF!!! And yes Maxy, no Dirty Work.

The top 10 is riddled with the Beatles. Frickin eminem has 2 entries, so do those shitheads from England (Oasis). Arhhhhhhhhhh.

BTW, I just learned that Nellcote was Keith's villa were Exile was recorded - I never knew it had a name. I'm sure many of you already knew this. I only point it out, because Nellcote now gets my vote for best username.

wintah
10-01-02 05:53 PM
RubyFriday Well,The Beatles fans don�t have anything else to do...
10-02-02 08:53 AM
Nellcote Wintah, my comrade....

Jann Wenner's once topical rag has gone mainstream.

David Fricke has good reviews, every so often, as does Anthony DeCourtis.

The rest of the time, they are too busy attempting to be a hybrid of US and US News and World Report. They are all over the map.

It is a shame, as it was once great. I've got boxes 'em
for days of yesteryear...

Nellcote, possibly the greatest setting ever for a recorded Stones album, hadns down!
10-02-02 03:37 PM
F505 I heard Mick once say to Jan Wenner: without us the name of your magazine would have been The Herman Hermit's Weekly.
10-02-02 04:03 PM
stonesmik Yeah, and without Muddy Waters the Rolling Stones would have been called the Brian Jones Blues Band.
10-02-02 04:37 PM
Nellcote WTF?
10-03-02 04:13 AM
F505 Yeah and what would have happened when Brian Jones was never born?