ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Cover of our boot!
Exclusive Pic provided by Moy!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rocks Off in NYC Return to archive
10-01-02 01:42 AM
Maxmeister I won't attempt to true review MSG and Giants. Not only am I not good at this sort of thing, but everyone else has done such a good job, anythng I say would probably pale in comparison.
I certainly was feeling the same thing everyone else has expressed but putting it into words almost seems impossible.
After MSG, I was so wired, you'd think I was high on drugs or alcohol. I was neither. It was a high I had experienced so many times before this night but there was an extra edge to this one. At Mustang Harry's I was blabbering like a school kid. Could this be the best Stones gig I have ever experienced? I came to that conclusion but with reservations since I was fully engulfed in that post gig high and didn't trust my judgement at the time. Well, I'm sitting here now after a day back in reality and I have not come completely back to earth. YES, there is no doubt that MSG 9/26/02 was the best Stones concert I have had the pleasure to witness.
The energy, grit, electricity, atmosphere and even a hint of their meanness from days gone by was there. Mick was on fire, reminding us and proving to the newbies, who is the best frontman and showman in rock history. Ronnie and Keith were smoking as they have not done since 81. Charlie was Charlie and maybe then some. Just amazing. Hell, Bobby Keys was in on this also. He's definately upped it a notch.
My jaw dropped as they played Loving Cup. I was like an awestruck little kid. Thru and Thru did it to me again as did CYHMK. There aren't enough superlatives to describe the feeling.
The Giants performance was as good as MSG. The better setlist at MSG being the difference. Keith may have actually been better this night. He was on a mission, no doubt about it. Countless times Nanker and I looked at each other at both gigs with an 'ooooh yeah' as Ronnie and Keith kept kicking us in the ass with their guitars.
Sometime during the set my jaw dropped again as I found myself in that awestruck mode. I was reflecting back 40 years and remembering a pre-teen and teenager buying the latest Stones singles. And how serious he was about the Stones being the greatest band ever. And now, 40 years later, I'm in NYC, meeting truly wonderful people from around the world, experiencing the world's greatest rock and roll band prove it again and again. As was said many times by many people over the 4 days in NYC, life is good.
As if the experience of seeing the boys kick ass in NYC wasn't enough, meeting and partying with 5 of my C10 brothers including Nankerphelge[my concert partner], Maxlugar, Sir Moonie, Fleabit Peanut Monkey and Sir Stonesalot was an honor and a pleasure.
And then there is the Unholy Trinity. Jaxx, Gazza, and Voodoo Chile, it was truly an honor. What an enjoyable experience partying with them pre and post gigs. I'd lke to thank them again [and Jaxx's sister] for inviting me to dinner the two off nights. They helped make those 4 days a memorable experience I will always cherish.
I also had the privilege of meeting and partying with Scope and his wife, Riffhard and his wife, AZQB and her husband, Luxury1, Honky Tonk Man and Dandelion. I got to meet BobM and Ken briefly at the tailgate and also had a couple of beers with Juha, Marko's friend. Just great!
I can't thank Scope enough for all he did to set up our tailgate party. Just awesome. Gerardo sure was a happy camper when you pulled out the Tequila. [LOL]
Someday I hope to be able to meet and party with each and every one of you again.
I'll end this with a quote from Voodoo Chile I heard many times.
Live life to the extreme!! And believe me, he's got that down to a science.

Rick

Mick....."We're going to do some songs from Exile on Main Street."
Oooo yeah!! Life is good.

10-01-02 03:39 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl "I'll end this with a quote from Voodoo Chile I heard many times.
Live life to the extreme!! And believe me, he's got that down to a science. "

Yes Rick, live it to the extreme, you're not sure if you have one later, or if the soul & body theory is true! You have it, that's for sure so be productive, don't waste any second of it you will appreciate one in your dying time and then it will be too late.
10-01-02 03:49 AM
~AzQb

Hey all

I just wanted to pop in and say what a TruePLeasure it was to {finally!} meet all of youuu...from YOtI to scope's mean mean machine it was just wonderful, and we knew it would be ; )

Thanks~
10-01-02 04:11 AM
fmk438j Great to hear that you saw such great shows Maxmeister.

Here's a toast to you on behalf of all the newbies you've helped over the years.
10-01-02 06:29 AM
Factory Girl nankerpheldge was your concert buddy? He bailed as my ride and He GOT my Concerts' Tix...hmmm Apparently, he doesn't have a problem with knifing Stones' fans in the back
as long has he gets to see a show.
10-01-02 07:49 AM
nankerphelge I didn't knife you in the back FG -- that's a pretty rotten way to spin it!
10-01-02 07:51 AM
Maxlugar Uh oh!

Hey I have your Beck Starter set #1 and #2 with me at work and I will be mailing them this morning. You're going to love them!

M!
10-01-02 08:07 AM
Factory Girl No Spinning here. Rotten to the core.
10-01-02 08:21 AM
nankerphelge Wow -- really surprised that you think I would do that to anyone -- and even more surprised at how you arrived at such a ridiculous conclusion.

Something came up and I couldn't give you a ride - I apologized sincerely for that -- you never responded.

How does that equate to my taking your tickets? How could I have possibly known that you wouldn't get to NYC by train or plane or any other way to take those tickets. In fact, I didn't take those tickets from Maxmeister until HE made them available after you had already opted out. And I only took those tickets at the last minute as an insurance policy because Maxlugar didn't get his tickets (one of which was for me for each show).

I suggest you swing by the clue store on the way home and pick one up!

10-01-02 08:39 AM
Factory Girl My conclusion is accurate. You learned from me that Maxm. had extra tix-1 for MSG, 1 for Giants. In your e-mail to me about no ride, you inquired if I accepted Maxm. offer.

The e-mail did not contain an apology, but rather
your e-mail said "Don't Hate Me." I did not respond because I did not like the dismissive tone of your e-mail.

The "clue store" bit is amusing. Keep those cutting remarks coming.
10-01-02 08:51 AM
Maxlugar Hey I hope my ticket fiasco did not cause this.

I got my tickets at 9:30 in the morning of 9/26. The guy I got them from had been telling me I had four for each show coming to me. So I knew I would have extra's but I definately remember putting a big "if" in my offer.

I felt bad that I was not able to plan better because I didn't have them in hand until the morning of the MSG show.

I did still had two MSG seats for anyone that wanted them. I wish you could have taken a train Factory Girl. I did want to spread the wealth. I couldn't even give them away at YOTI!

I'll just keep my mouth shut in January and if I have extra's I'll say it when I get them in my hands.

10-01-02 08:59 AM
nankerphelge Okay -- no more nasty comments. I am really sorry for the misunderstanding FG -- while I can see why you might believe that I was a dick, your view of the situation is really not correct -- and I think if you ask around and think about it from a rational perspective, you'll see that I had no bad motives and was not out to knife you. I am sorry that you feel that way -- I think it is unfortunate that this misunderstanding has soured things between us.
10-01-02 11:10 AM
Jaxx nice post mmeister. it was fun to party down with you and all those "red stars" you kept bringing our way. i'll look forward to seeing you in denver. since there's only one show, i'll try to plan an icebreaker for the night before so we can all party down and reacquaint. catch YOU on the rebound, bro!
10-01-02 04:11 PM
Factory Girl My conclusion was accurate and most rational. My accessment of the situation is correct.
10-01-02 04:22 PM
nankerphelge Well I've tried to explain it and I've apologized for the misunderstanding. You believe whatever you want. I ain't arguing about it any more.
10-01-02 04:23 PM
jb Anyone coming to Florida...got great ticket for that lucky person....!!!
10-01-02 04:31 PM
Moonisup please guys and girls don't fight,

But I have ot say, I really feel very very very sorry for yah factory girl!! But on this board, I know nanker as a nice person, I don't know him in real life, but he doesn't sound like a prick to me! No stonesfan would fuck up another, if anyone does he ore she ain't stonesworthy

rik
10-01-02 04:40 PM
jb Nanker is allegedly a very nice person...Fg is also a supposedly very nice person although he/she never responds to my posts..probably a very smart person!!!
10-01-02 04:49 PM
Joey Nanky and Factory Girl are both beautiful people .

I can't wait to party with them in Denver on Feb 1st .

YES !!!!!!!!!!!! ( Put Happy Face Here )

Bunny

10-01-02 04:51 PM
jb I have my doubts as to whether that shall happen...Got milk Ox?
10-01-02 05:01 PM
luxury1 Yeah, where's that Cow/Goat when you need him??
10-01-02 05:32 PM
Factory Girl Nankerphelge-yes, no more.

JB-would love to respond, can you pm me please. Btw, I 'm a girl, hence FGirl. Otherwise, I'd be a Factory Dude or Factory Guy. Hope this helps.

Moonisup-Thank you, you're most kind.

I hope no one is left out.
10-01-02 05:36 PM
Factory Girl Shit, I forget the Joey!! You Rock my world, Joey-Fly Boy!!

10-01-02 05:43 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

Moonisup-Thank you, you're most kind.

No need to thank me, I really know the feeling, and I know you feel shit,

but you've got my love, hope that helps a bit!!
10-01-02 05:50 PM
Joey " Shit, I forget the Joey!! You Rock my world, Joey-Fly Boy!! "

<------- " Christ ..........THAT was close . "

You said it ........she almost forgot about us . Whew !!!!!! That is one sultry , strong , firey , Nancy Reagan like woman ..................I do this in her honor :

J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo ***** Clubby ****** J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo J Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joey

JoeFly

10-01-02 05:57 PM
Factory Girl Holy Crap, the Joey! You've got me JOYEFIED!

JOEYFIED! JOEYFIED! JOEYFIED! JOEYFIED! JOEYFIED! JOEYFIED!
JOEYFIED! JOEYFIED! JOEYFIED! JOEYFIED! JOEYFIED! JOEYFIED!

Is that enough for you? Well, is it??????????
10-01-02 06:02 PM
Joey " Is that enough for you? Well, is it??????????"

I would like to nuzzle you Factory Girl ! I hope you will see the Stones with me in Denver on Feb . 1st . The first Bombay Sapphire Martini at the " Purple Martini " is on me ........

" Tickets are still available Ronnie "

Joe ..........................Fly !

JoeFly
10-01-02 06:08 PM
Factory Girl Thank you, my dear Joey!

JOEYFIED! JOEYFIED! JOEYFIED! JOEYFIED! JOYEFIED!

Sorry, sweetie, but I'm all out of "Joeys".
10-02-02 11:25 PM
TomL I'll be coming to both Fla shows.