ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Cover of our boot!
Exclusive Pic provided by Moy!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Roseland Blues Return to archive
09-30-02 11:44 PM
scope I gave it my best shot, but sometimes that ain't good enough. I couldn't get in. I went into the city late this morning, and after dragging Honky Tonk man out of his hotel, we headed uptown to Roseland. There was about 20 people on line at about 11:00, and it looked like some people spent the night there. There was no line for a wait list, so I just figured I'd check back once and awhile. After touring Central Park and the Dakota building, and a few record shops. We headed over to Faces and Names and met up with Sirmoonie and Sir Stonesalot, to hoist a few more pints. By the way, Jude is taking some time off to care for a new baby.

Anyway, after picking up their wristbands and a few more pints, Honky Tonk Man left for the airport and the 3 of us went back to Roseland. I shook hands with those lucky bastards and vowed to 'See them inside'. I don't think a single 'unknown' person was let in. I had a long chat with 1 of the security guys (a little schmoozing couldn't hurt, right?) and he said the place was oversold and was jam packed inside. I'll be curious to see what the Sirs have to say. I know Sir Stonesalot is a happy man tonight. I asked what his wish song was and it was Rambler. I mentioned Sweet Virginia. Damn, he wins.

Can't wait to hear their reports.
10-01-02 05:24 AM
~AzQb

...well, scopey, you RULED Gnats ; ) you fucking DID, man!!! we're still talking about it ; ) and i bet we will be for awhile, or at least til January!! How about getting yerself to msg then???

~!
10-01-02 08:01 AM
Maxlugar "By the way, Jude is taking some time off to care for a new baby."

Um....

Uh oh.

She left a message on my machine saying we had to talk.......

I'll catch up with you guys later. I'm gonna have to leave town for awhile.

Developing............
10-01-02 10:09 AM
Honky Tonk Man ~AzQb! Im gonna try and form that band!

Scope! It was great being dragged round New York! It still feels like it was today! I havent slept!

Alex
[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
10-01-02 10:22 AM
Joey " By the way, Jude is taking some time off to care for a new baby. "

What ???????????? She told me she was still taking the pill .........................................

Good thing I did not make the NYC trip this time .

" I just got Marla Mapled Ronnie "

Joey von Trump

10-01-02 10:38 AM
scope
quote:
~AzQb wrote:

...well, scopey, you RULED Gnats ; ) you fucking DID, man!!! we're still talking about it ; ) and i bet we will be for awhile, or at least til January!! How about getting yerself to msg then???

~!

Already have mine for the 18th. Need to get 1 for the 17th. back to back nights. Won't that be a kick!
10-01-02 07:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot scope!

PM me your addy, I got your "Theatre Edition" Tour Book.

I'll post a review of my entire NYC experiences in a few days...I got family issues right now to take care of first.

Yes, when they played Rambler, I thought of our conversation earlier...and I smiled sweetly.

10-02-02 12:29 AM
~AzQb

scopeybabyA

Actually i'm kinda pissed off about that whole scene over there; the unjustness of it all. I mean here you are, one of the TRuestBluestFansAround, and no go.

And all these vips can't stand the fever in the funkhouse now ; ) and come out when they break a sweat, it seemed ; (

At least you tried yer best, and for that i tipple one for ya tonight!~

~!
10-02-02 02:11 PM
Dandelion* You are right Annie. Pretty shitty but I don't think those things will ever change. Just figure it was just not available in the first place unless you're an overstuffed corporate arse or a friend of a friend of Tommy Hilfiger's sister in law's nanny's third cousin. It was funny at MSG. I overheard a little chat between two girls sitting in the row in front of me - "who are you, you must be someone if you're sitting here..." Needless to say neither stayed until the end of the show, as well as a good portion of said section. Also - perhaps I'm getting old but 20 year olds wearing haute couture look a little silly to me...
10-02-02 05:49 PM
Sir Stonesalot If you ask me, ANY chick looks ridiculous in haute couture. IMO, babes look stylish in faded Levi's.

Some of 'em look even better without the Levi's....and you know who you are.

10-02-02 05:57 PM
Maxlugar How about lithe teenage boys in Levi's Sir Stonesalot?

<-------------- File photo, circa 1983

Shazam!

Haute Max'ture!
10-02-02 06:01 PM
~AzQb

Dande*

WhatAPleasure~!meeting you&theMOnkey ; ) FInAlLy!!!

Yes, the unjustness of it all burns me up...just the thought of someone as devoted as scopey not getting in while Fembots in lingerie walk the fuck OUT really really gets to me.

Tommy fucking Hilfiger...Krapitz seated the entire gig...so unfair, so unfair ; (

"It just ain't right"

~