ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Cover of our boot!
Exclusive Pic provided by Moy!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Successors to the Stones crown? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10-02-02 08:53 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
jb wrote:
MTV reinvented them in 1986 and they certainly have become more successful ...but their pre MTV music rocked....today, they are little more than a rock-n-roll version of BSB's or En Sync.
[Edited by jb]

..Yeah! Their post 'PUMP' PERSONA aint so hot, but as you say there was a time when they were one of the rockinst bands to be heard, 'Toys'& 'Rocks' are as good as anything in the rock world then, and now,(nowhere near The Stones still), but they are still the only ones for longevity, style & flash who coulda been the next real thing.
10-03-02 07:45 AM
egon after the stones there will be nothing but silence.
10-03-02 08:50 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
egon wrote:
after the stones there will be nothing but silence.

You know as much as I love The Stones, and as old(now)as I am, I find that very disturbing. I don't know how old you are, but when I was like 17 to 25, I always felt that 'Rock Music' had a healthy future. I imagined the likes of Aerosmith, Van Halen, INXS,.......... and later- The Black Crowes, and Buckcherry, and at a throw U2 would assume a race for the stones crown. To think that a large majority of people associate The Stones demise with silence is terribly sad. I truly hope that at some point we will be hit with the barracuda bite of something as wicked, and rocking as The Sex Pistols in The 70s to carry the torch.
10-03-02 12:06 PM
egon gypsy,

i hope so too. but sofar i haven't seen or heard anything that comes close to the boys. (my opinion of course).

and sometimes (hate to admit it), i have the feeling that r&r is dying. listen to all the crap on radio & tv!
and none of these artists seem to last more than 3 years.

how many bands from the past 20 years are still around today (meaning still 'fresh' and succesful)?
i can only think of u2. but u2, although i like them, aint no stones!

so what else do we have?
all these 'new' rock bands do nothing more than recycling.
there's nothing wrong with that, but it won't win you the title of 'the next stones', will it?

in the end i don't really care if r&r dies with the stones. there's all these old records (of the stones and others) that i can listen to untill i die myself.

so i guess that silence after the stones will never be,
new bands or not.

Page: 1 2 3