ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Leaving a Mexican Restaurant in Halifax, NS - September 22
© Tzonistac
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Quick Question and your thoughts... Return to archive
2nd October 2006 04:53 PM
Paranoid_Android Considering the slow sales of this part of the tour...do you think that MSG would sell out a nite or even two? I love MSG...and I know that many folks do.

A show at the garden, no matter who is playing, is always a blast...nothing like the party outside...the crowd around the block...the parties at The hotel Pennsylvania and such...then the parties after....but... DO YOU THINK THEY WOULD HAVE SOLD OUT, YET, ANOTHER NITE THERE?

2nd October 2006 04:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yes, of course.
2nd October 2006 04:57 PM
SweetVirginia I do think so, PA. A lot of NY-area folks don't like to go to Giants Stadium, but would go to MSG. Much easier to go to and from for most fans.

I wish they had booked one more MSG.

2nd October 2006 05:04 PM
Saint Sway MSG 2 nights Feb 2007
2nd October 2006 05:08 PM
Joey

< ------ Yes, of course.

I agree Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fiji )
2nd October 2006 05:16 PM
Dick Bush Though I have very, very mixed feelings about it, I will be there for sure.
2nd October 2006 05:40 PM
pdog Sway is right, do you really think they're going to take off from November 2006 until Summer of 2007?
Arena shows in the winter in The USA... S. America? Asia, Australlia?
They can't put the machine to rest for that long...
2nd October 2006 06:07 PM
Paranoid_Android For the record...I do too!!!
2nd October 2006 06:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
Considering the slow sales of this part of the tour...do you think that MSG would sell out a nite or even two? I love MSG...and I know that many folks do.

A show at the garden, no matter who is playing, is always a blast...nothing like the party outside...the crowd around the block...the parties at The hotel Pennsylvania and such...then the parties after....but... DO YOU THINK THEY WOULD HAVE SOLD OUT, YET, ANOTHER NITE THERE?

If you mean had they gone ahead and played the show at hallowe'en - no. Not coming just a month after a slow selling show at Giants where most people bought tickets thinking that would be their only show in the area on this leg of the tour.

However, the Stones could theoeretically play MSG with a few months gap every year and still sell it out - even though the average ticket price there is higher than everywhere else

No offence and as much as I love seeing the Stones there, the Beacon show will be their sixth stop in the New York area on this tour already (May and Sept 2005, Jan, March, Sept and Oct 2006) plus the fact that of 4 'small shows' on this tour available to the public, New York has got 3 of them (The Toronto club show being the exception). Time to play a few other places that have been 'under represented' on this tour.

I think you've already done OK this tour compared to every other city!
2nd October 2006 06:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:
Sway is right, do you really think they're going to take off from November 2006 until Summer of 2007?
Arena shows in the winter in The USA... S. America? Asia, Australlia?
They can't put the machine to rest for that long...

They may have other commitments. Think I read a few days ago that Mick may have some film project coming up?

I dont think they'll do much in the way of touring prior to Europe. As they'll have done over 80 shows in America on this tour by the end of this year, I think theyve milked that market to death. Maybe they'll do a small number in 2007 to tie in with (and financially sustain) a South American tour - who knows? but I cant see any extensive touring in the US next year.
[Edited by Gazza]
2nd October 2006 06:42 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:

They may have other commitments. Think I read a few days ago that Mick may have some film project coming up?

I dont think they'll do much in the way of touring prior to Europe. As they'll have done over 80 shows in America on this tour by the end of this year, I think theyve milked that market to death. Maybe they'll do a small number in 2007 to tie in with (and financially sustain) a South American tour - who knows? but I cant see any extensive touring in the US next year.
[Edited by Gazza]

How about South Africa? I know South America has'nt had a decent run on this tour, but at least they've had a visit. They have'nt played Africa since 1995. If this really is going to be the end, I think they should.
2nd October 2006 07:46 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Gazza wrote:

No offence and as much as I love seeing the Stones there, the Beacon show will be their sixth stop in the New York area on this tour already (May and Sept 2005, Jan, March, Sept and Oct 2006) plus the fact that of 4 'small shows' on this tour available to the public, New York has got 3 of them (The Toronto club show being the exception). Time to play a few other places that have been 'under represented' on this tour.

I think you've already done OK this tour compared to every other city!

No offence taken...since I am from NY but have been living in DC since just before VooDooLounge...this tour we only had the one arena show at MCI Center...Charlottesville was over 2 hrs away...and if you want to include Baltimore...which is only about 50 minutes away...we had 2.

I know a few folks that were hoping for another stop down here...Fed Ex Field...or much prefered RFK Stadium
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)