ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Leaving a Mexican Restaurant in Halifax, NS - September 22
© Tzonistac
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Glitter to make British TV return (nsc) Return to archive
1st October 2006 01:11 PM
Ten Thousand Motels GLITTER TO MAKE BRITISH TV RETURN

Convicted child sex offender GARY GLITTER is set to return to the UK and make a television comeback after release from a Vietnamese jail, his lawyer announced yesterday (30SEP06). Glitter, who was found guilty in a Vietnamese court of sexually assaulting two local young girls aged 10 and 11 in March (06), has served only six months of his three-year sentence. However he is due to be released on parole next month (NOV06), and is desperate to come home. And his lawyer GIOVANNI DI STEFANO is determined to bring the shamed star back to the small screen, as he is in negotiations to buy the rights to now defunct British music chart show, TOP OF THE POPS. He confirms, "(Glitter) wants to come back because he misses his home and just wants to put the hell of jail behind him. "For the purposes of my show, I have no problem with Gary Glitter coming on if (he has) artistic musical value. "I do not care if the devil incarnate appears on the show, providing there is an artistic element."

01/10/2006 14:14
contactmusic.com
1st October 2006 01:16 PM
BONOISLOVE At last!!!!
1st October 2006 01:17 PM
Gazza Somewhat misleading title. There's no TV producer in the UK who would even consider giving a pariah like Glitter an opportunity to resurrect his career

Interesting and appropriate that he has employed Di Stefano to help him. The same guy who tried to launch a political party in the UK last year with a similar agenda to that of Mussolini's Fascist party, and whose previous high profile clients have included :

The late paramilitary leader Arkan, charged with war crimes before his murder;
Kenneth Noye, convicted of murdering a man in a road rage incident in London before fleeing to Spain;
Slobodan Milošević, the Serbian President charged with genocide;
John "Goldfinger" Palmer, a timeshare fraudster whom he helped to retain £33m worth of fraudulently acquired money;
Jeremy Bamber, who murdered five members of his own family;
Jonathan King, the pop-music impresario convicted of sexual offences against children
Saddam Hussein, the former Iraqi dictator;
John Gilligan, a convicted Irish drug dealer, acquitted of the murder of journalist Veronica Guerin.

I suppose the old adage that you can judge a man by the company he keeps rings true.
1st October 2006 01:20 PM
Highwire Rob Hmmmmm... British Broadcasting used to censor out Gerry Adams very voice... they were pressured by Parliament to boycott broadcast of the Stones "Highwire."

BUT...

They're going to allow this recidivist Child molester to pursue further fame & fortune over their network??!!
1st October 2006 02:18 PM
swapwoodfortaylor Hey Highwire....did not know that Parliament had a problem with that magnificent track : Highwire. Tell me more.
[Edited by swapwoodfortaylor]
1st October 2006 02:29 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
swapwoodfortaylor wrote:
Hey Highwire....did not know that Parliament had a problem with that magnificent track : Highwire. Tell me more....

http://www.rollingstones.com/archive/index.php?av=lca&eventdate=1991-08-01

quote:
Events : February 1991

Date 1991.02.22

The BBC, under pressure from the Houses of Parliament, is forced to ban "Highwire" from radio airplay before the single is even released. Members of Parliment have not heard the new Stones song, but have seen the lyrics.
1st October 2006 02:55 PM
Gazza I heard "High wire" plenty of times on the radio when it came out

However, during Gulf War #1, the BBC collectively shit their pants and temporarily banned lots of songs because they might appear a bit over-sensitive - even Phil Collins' "In the air tonight" was removed...LOL

The Clash's "Rock The Casbah" even got the same treatment

[Edited by Gazza]
1st October 2006 02:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
They're going to allow this recidivist Child molester to pursue further fame & fortune over their network??!!

who says they will? It wont happen.
1st October 2006 06:33 PM
swapwoodfortaylor The BBC did not ban Highwire despite their ongoing left wing freakishness. Shame that they did not as it would have drawn folks' attention to a great song / Keef performance!
1st October 2006 06:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
swapwoodfortaylor wrote:
The BBC did not ban Highwire despite their ongoing left wing freakishness. Shame that they did not as it would have drawn folks' attention to a great song / Keef performance!

Channel 4 even had a special 30 minute programme devoted to the premiere of the video, followed by a studio 'discussion' !
1st October 2006 06:57 PM
lotsajizz I saw Glitter tour with the Who doing Quadrophenia in 1997...he played 'the Punk' (as in 'versus the Godfather')
2nd October 2006 07:40 AM
Gazza yep..I saw that show too - the Hyde Park one that was broadcast on TV from the year before. Of course he hadnt been 'exposed' back then.

he's an absolute pariah. No producer or TV channel here would touch him. You wont even hear his songs on the radio anymore.
2nd October 2006 07:43 AM
lotsajizz The American NFL banned 'Rock n'Roll pt.1' from its stadia
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)