ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Leaving a Mexican Restaurant in Halifax, NS - September 22
© Tzonistac
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Short, sweet and very interesting Return to archive
30th September 2006 11:14 AM
RedlandsRodge Keith BBC interview from 1982

http://pic7.piczo.com/world-of-keith-richards/?g=9702781
[Edited by RedlandsRodge]
30th September 2006 01:05 PM
Taptrick
Good read. I'd like to see the footage.

1st October 2006 11:28 AM
Bitch thanks.

Keef says he will continue to play into his later years as Muddy Waters and Loius Armstrong did. Unless his arems are chopped off!

He's been saying this for long time, so those of you who insist this is the last tour please read this interview.
1st October 2006 12:29 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:
thanks.

Keef says he will continue to play into his later years as Muddy Waters and Loius Armstrong did. Unless his arems are chopped off!

He's been saying this for long time, so those of you who insist this is the last tour please read this interview.

yeah, but he was 38 then, his fingers werent riddled with arthritis , had cleaned up the worst of his narcotic habit and hadnt developed a serious alcohol problem! It could get to the stage where he wont be able to play at some point. Hopefully not for some time yet.

And the 'last tour' concern is a bit of a moot point as it doesnt depend on Keith's health or wishes alone.

I saw that interview when it was originally broadcast in June 1982. Fascinating stuff at the time because back then Keith hardly ever did interviews, and to get one in front of a camera was very rare indeed.

Might be wrong but I think this interview (or some of it) might be in the '81-82 tour DVD thats been torrented on here of late (I think I gave you this DCD, or the 81 part of it, in London in fact). It was filmed in a bar in Paris the night before the Stones played there, (ie 12/6/82) and broadcast on 'Newsnight' on the BBC on 24.6.82 - just before the Wembley shows.

[Edited by Gazza]
1st October 2006 01:09 PM
Honky Tonk Man A brief clip of that interview was also shown on the Stones News night special from last year. The guy who conducted that '82 interview also did last years one.

What’s interesting and it ties in with Gazza's comment about Keith’s current alcohol problem, is that whilst Keith is clearly drunk in that interview from 23 years ago, he’s probably just as gone in last years. I guess back then it went to his head more!
1st October 2006 01:24 PM
BONOISLOVE I thought this thread was about my heterosexual wedding proposal. That was close. I saw the Light on that Tunnel.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)