ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Leaving a Mexican Restaurant in Halifax, NS - September 22
© Tzonistac
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anyone going to see Guns 'n' Roses??? Return to archive
29th September 2006 10:34 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Possibly against my better judgement, but I got tickets for GNR in Ottawa on Nov. 17. Hopefully, I get to see a good show and not an Axl meltdown.
29th September 2006 10:41 PM
full moon LOL... thanks for the laugh bitch
29th September 2006 10:46 PM
mrhipfl nov 17, that's my birthday. I'll probably go when they get to Tampa at the end of november.
29th September 2006 10:57 PM
pdog Saw them last week, they brought the goods!
29th September 2006 11:11 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
pdog wrote:
Saw them last week, they brought the goods!

...are they playing Rocket Queen?
29th September 2006 11:25 PM
Dan I doubt it. But they are playing a six thousand seater down the street where I either get in for free if the gig is papered or in the $10-20 range if not.
30th September 2006 10:26 AM
lotsajizz I just got my tiks for them in Worcester November 8....last time in these neck of the woods, (Dec. '02) Axl did not show up until 11:00 P.M.....played 'till 1:30 A.M. in front of 50% of the crowd that stayed and rocked like a motherfucker!!! His band is awesome...
30th September 2006 11:26 AM
winter One man (no matter how fucked in the head he is) does not make a band.

wintah
30th September 2006 01:48 PM
lotsajizz which is why GnR is a FANTASTIC band and light years better than the bunch in the early 90's--they have FAR superior musicians at every position and play as tight as a motherfucker....

30th September 2006 11:57 PM
Brainbell Jangler No.
1st October 2006 01:36 AM
pdog They will be returning here in December to play Oakland Arena!
1st October 2006 02:27 AM
GimmeExile I'm hoping for some L.A. club shows but I'll see them at the Gibson Amphitheatre in December...I'll buy CHINESE DEMOCRACY the day it's released, too.
1st October 2006 12:55 PM
Dan Sebastian Bach of Skid Row is opening the whole tour. Its just like 1991 all over again. Except 1991 didn't suck this much.
1st October 2006 01:02 PM
speedfreakjive obviously not without Slash!
1st October 2006 01:37 PM
lotsajizz Slash=snooze, Fortus and Finck are FAR better

I've seen 'em all, together and solo...this unit is hot stuff

[Edited by lotsajizz]
1st October 2006 01:41 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Slash=snooze, Fortus and Finck are FAR better

[Edited by lotsajizz]

will they play songs off Appetite?
1st October 2006 01:42 PM
Dan
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Slash=snooze, Fortus and Finck are FAR better

I feel the same way about this Tom Petty cover band I go see every once in a while.
1st October 2006 02:07 PM
celtic stone I agree without Slash its not GNR, but that said I went to see them in Dublin on the European Tour this year and was blown away at how tight and great this band are(700,000-800,000went to see them in Europe).
They got rid of the Circus Freak Buckethead and this band now really rock. They played all the classics on the European tour, so I dont see why they will not on this tour and hopefully a few more new songs. Then Chinese Democracy to round the year off.
I'am a fan since day one,so maybe I'am biased
, but I think the really rock and well worth 75 Bucks/Dollars whatever.
1st October 2006 02:25 PM
Dan
quote:
celtic stone wrote:
I agree without Slash its not GNR, but that said I went to see them in Dublin

I heard all about the Dublin show. They actually hit the stage on time and Therapy? had to cut a few songs off their set.
1st October 2006 04:01 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

will they play songs off Appetite?

Yes.
1st October 2006 04:04 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
celtic stone wrote:
I agree without Slash its not GNR....

BS, it IS GnR--Fortus and Finck are MUCH better guitar players...btw, how's Slash's solo 'career' working out?

quote:
celtic stone wrote:
They got rid of the Circus Freak Buckethead and this band now really rock. They played all the classics on the European tour, ....

They played 'em all with Buckethead also. He was a super guitarist. Another one who could play rings around Slash.

[Edited by lotsajizz]
1st October 2006 08:26 PM
ebmp Buckethead really was a freak, and I didnt like his presence on the band. That mask and bucket was really dumb.

HOWEVER, his playing is miles ahead of the new shredder in the band, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. He just plays fuckin noises. Just liisten to him on Nightrain and compare to Bucket.
1st October 2006 09:46 PM
lotsajizz Can You Hear the Clucking of the Chickens?
Oh, Can You Hear the Clucking of the Chickens?
They cluck over here, they cluck over there,
They cluck over the grave of Charles Dickens.

Most folks never hear the clucking
Likes babes out of the womb sucking
Blind little mice that keep trucking
Never will they hear the clucking

Iconic symbols betray
Those who can play
Scratch at the ground and floor
Looking for more
Eat what fits in their face
Without disgrace
When they scratch some heat
Will take their feet

Oh can you hear the chickens cluck,
Not a goose or a pheasant or a duck.

The clucking of the chickens is a mighty roar,
It will raze the mountains to the floor
The deaf shall hear and the mute will speak
The baby lion feeds from the chicken’s beak.

Cluck cluck cluck
Three men and a duck
Couldn’t find a truck
And they had no luck

Landed in a hole
Didn’t have a pole
Dug like a mole
The morning they stole

I hear the clucking of the chickens
Living in the city taint easy pickin's

Click click click
Caught in a thick
Candle with no wick
Beggars can’t pick

Clack clack clack
Caught in a sack
Getting a whack
From a cop in a Mack

Finger snapping
Toe tapping
Hand clapping
Mind mapping
Eyelid flapping
Knee slapping
Arm rapping

Finger licking
Tongue sticking
Leg kicking
Back cricking
Nervous ticking
2nd October 2006 01:23 AM
TheRoo Going on the 6th at Continental with a buddy and taking my girlfriend to MSG on the 10th. Not to mix post topics but just a warning to anyone behind me Ill be standing the whole time both nights.

Saw them twice at Hammerstein in May and both nights were amazing. The setlist is dominated by App for Destruction sprinkled with a few hits from the Illusion Albums and two or three leaked songs from the "new" album. Both nights I couldnt take my eyes off Axl, in my opinion the 2nd best frontman ever behind Jagger, so though I miss Slash and Duff Im really happy some version of GnR is attempting a comeback. Btw the new drummer is way better than Matt Sorum ever was.
2nd October 2006 01:57 AM
_Boomy_ I saw that GNR will be playing in Detroit (Auburn Hills) in November. I have the day off. Just might make the trip. BUT!

We'll see...
[Edited by _Boomy_]
2nd October 2006 05:00 AM
IanBillen
I'd go if I were in your shoes as well. However, Axl is an idiot. He cannot be professional and steer away from the assholes at a show. Stopping a song when he doesn't have to, much less an encore then talking about his record company and all that....he has no idea what it takes to be a top notch showman.

Ian
2nd October 2006 06:15 AM
solmask yes you should go i saw them back in july in glasgow it was a great night good performance .it is mainly afd they play with at least 8 to 10 songs coming from it the rest is made up of covers and the uyi songs that duff and slash never wrote with maybe 3 new songs.the only bad things i have to say was there was to many solo spots which kind of missed up the vibe and making everybody wait the support band finished at 8pm gnr didn`t come on till 10.15pm.lots of young kids missed the show because of that but they got there money back.i would go and see them again and would recommend them to anyone with doubt in there mind.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)