ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Leaving a Mexican Restaurant in Halifax, NS - September 22
© Tzonistac
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jimi Hendrix appreciation thread Return to archive
28th September 2006 12:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels JIMI HENDRIX Limited Edition Sculpture To Arrive In December - Sep. 28, 2006

KnuckleBonz, Inc. has announced the creation of a Jimi Hendrix Limited Edition Sculpture (check out photos at this location)
http://www.guitarhero.com/jh100.html
as the latest figure in the Guitar Hero sculpture series. Jimi is portrayed along with his Fender Stratocaster. The sculpture is a black-and-white hand-painted collectible that stands 9" tall on top a wooden base. The piece is hand-numbered and limited to only 3,000 available worldwide.

The sculpture is an officially licensed figure through Authentic Hendrix, LLC as well as Fender Musical Instruments Corporation. The sculpture is scheduled to ship December 2006 in time for upcoming holiday delivery. Pre-orders for Jimi Hendrix Limited Edition Sculpture can be taken at www.guitarhero.com. Pre-ordering allows customers to reserve one of these rare collectibles before it actually ships. Orders are fulfilled in the order they are received.

Jimi's paint scheme is done in black and white to hearken back to the famous images of the 60's and 70's. This is the first in a "retrospective" series of black-and-white figures to be created by the makers of the Guitar Hero series.

This is the first of two Jimi Hendrix sculptures the company is producing. The second sculpture, slated for a late 2007 release date, will be created in an entirely different pose and attire and will be portrayed in full color, in keeping with the other figures produced to date in the series.

"The great guitarists of rock are in their own universe and Jimi was the Big Bang. Everything was different in music after he hit the scene in 1966 and '67," says Tony Simerman, President and Creative Director of KnuckleBonz, Inc. "The black-and-white paint scheme of this sculpture pays homage to that time."

Widely recognized as one of the most creative and influential musicians of the 20th century, Jimi Hendrix pioneered the explosive possibilities of the electric guitar. Hendrix's innovative style of combining fuzz, feedback and controlled distortion created a new musical form. Hendrix is the epitome of a guitar legend and an obvious subject for the Guitar Hero sculpture series.

The Jimi Hendrix Limited Edition Sculpture has been created using a skilled team of artists to sculpt a remarkable likeness of the guitarist, cast the figure in a poly-resin material and hand-paint each figure in fine detail.

Pricing and Availability: The Jimi Hendrix Guitar Hero Limited Edition Sculpture will be available in December 2006. The figure sells for $99 and can be purchased via www.guitarhero.com.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
28th September 2006 08:38 PM
Chuck My favorite Hendrix tune:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=J2RkHV_eRXc

28th September 2006 08:39 PM
pdog Hendrix was cool as fuck!
Still is...
28th September 2006 09:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Who was Jimi? Why Jimi and not Jimmy?
28th September 2006 10:26 PM
mojoman
quote:
Chuck wrote:
My favorite Hendrix tune:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=J2RkHV_eRXc

nice tune. can't get enuf of that concert
28th September 2006 10:28 PM
pdog
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Who was Jimi? Why Jimi and not Jimmy?

I don't know...
But!!!
I know this is true:
Long after all these alleged "religions" have dried up and given up searching for their various alleged "truths," we will still be here. Because we can PROVE Mick Jagger sang Jumping Jack Flash.
--sirmoonie

28th September 2006 10:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Now to honor this thread and specially Jimi I?m listening my 8-LP box "The Jimi Hendrix Experience"
28th September 2006 11:11 PM
Chuck Jimi was cool as fuck, and still is---I can't argue with that.

But when MJ came to town, Jimi's main girl (Devon) would leave Jimi for Mick.

So Mick was cooler than fuck, and I think he still is; but Keith is still the baddest motherfucker of them all.

Off topic--sorry.

28th September 2006 11:17 PM
Chuck "nice tune. can't get enuf of that concert"

I got the DVD Blue Wild Angel a couple of years ago. Very cool. I had never heard Ezy Rider live. I was only familiar with the version on 'Cry of Love'.

28th September 2006 11:21 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Now to honor this thread and specially Jimi I?m listening my 8-LP box "The Jimi Hendrix Experience"

Play this one instead:

28th September 2006 11:27 PM
Chuck I downloaded 'Box of Gypsies' on Dime the other night.

December 31, 1969 - late show
January 1, 1970 - early show
January 1, 1970 - late show

All soundboard recordings.

Haven't had time to listen to them yet. Can't wait.
28th September 2006 11:49 PM
mojoman
quote:
Chuck wrote:
"nice tune. can't get enuf of that concert"

I got the DVD Blue Wild Angel a couple of years ago. Very cool. I had never heard Ezy Rider live. I was only familiar with the version on 'Cry of Love'.

check out live at berkeley FIRST SHOW
29th September 2006 12:48 AM
Taptrick Jimi plays GLORIA ! ! !

I've heard this a million times but I hadn't seen this until tonight. Some amazing footage in here. How can you resist hearing Jimi singing about wolf pussy (at 6:49)?

[Edited by Taptrick]
29th September 2006 01:37 AM
Chuck Her breath smelled like wolf pussy, hahaha.

Thanks for posting this.

29th September 2006 02:47 AM
Dick Bush Jimi just put the guitar playing upside down, being the ultimate genius of his instrument and definetely the part of the collective memory of the mankind.

A real turnarounder, theres still nobody to be compared to him.

29th September 2006 07:20 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Probably many of you know but for a few who don't, we have Some Stones-Jimi connections in our website including pix, audio samples and videos: http://www.rocksoff.org/jimi.htm
29th September 2006 08:39 AM
Taptrick And if you haven't checked out Morning Symphony Ideas yet, please do. Maybe one day we will see someone release his Black Gold work. Some of the tracks we have heard - others we have not:
A)
Suddenly November Morning
Drifting
Captian Midnight
Local Comotion
Here Comes Black Gold
Stepping Stone
Little Red Velvet Room

(B)
The Jungle is Waiting
Send My Love To Joan Of Arc
God Bless This Day
Black Gold
Machine Gun
Here Comes Black Gold
Astro Man (Parts I&2)
I've Got A Place To Go

see story: http://members.tripod.com/~Wallyrus/blackgold.html

Did you know Jimi has two kids? I knew about the Swedish kid. But I only recently learned he had a daughter he essentialy recognized:

His daughter's, mother's website: http://www.queenscorner.com/

Daughter Tamika with Grandpa (Jimi's Dad):

And if I understand the family history correctly, this would be Jimi's bloodline grandson, Israel Hendrix:

And Chuck, thanks for toning the politics down a little. It's nice to get to know each other outside of that. We all have a lot dividing us but it's cool to appreciate the stuff that binds us too. Music, the Stones, love of Jimi. That's what his music was all about too - especially towards the end.

"Im just a nightbird....
Flying through....
The night...
Fly on...
So wrap me up in your beautiful wings
Better hear what I say.

Throw off your blues...and shoes...and things...
And lay them down...
Under the bed."

[Edited by Taptrick]
[Edited by Taptrick]
[Edited by Taptrick]
29th September 2006 09:42 AM
Chuck Cheers Taptrick and all the Hendrix fans on this thread!

Lover Man (Royal Albert Hall 1969):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZqV4zpuWYBw&mode=related&search=

Hear My Train A Comin (Royal Albert Hall 1969):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VUZLOevTxMo&mode=related&search=

I Don't Live Today (Royal Albert Hall 1969) :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AOhwswrSLvc&mode=related&search=

Foxy Lady (Maui 1970):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W44qPieIzDk&mode=related&search=
29th September 2006 05:03 PM
GotToRollMe Nice, Taptrick!

In a nutshell, Hendrix did things on the electric guitar that no one had ever done before, and many have tried to imitate since. He was the best. No one even comes close.
A bona fide Rock & Roll God.
29th September 2006 05:05 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Nice, Taptrick!

In a nutshell, Hendrix did things on the electric guitar that no one had ever done before, and many have tried to imitate since. He was the best. No one even comes close.
A bona fide Rock & Roll God.

You know..he really was
29th September 2006 05:09 PM
Saint Sway its a damn shame that he had to go.

but we probably are still nowhere near ready/prepared/worthy for the kind of sick shit he would of unleashed on us
30th September 2006 09:55 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I made this one:

30th September 2006 02:20 PM
Bruno I think he is a underrated singer and my favourite song is Love Or Confusion.
30th September 2006 02:33 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Taptrick wrote:
Jimi plays GLORIA ! ! !

I've heard this a million times but I hadn't seen this until tonight. Some amazing footage in here. How can you resist hearing Jimi singing about wolf pussy (at 6:49)?

Nice! His bands had the greatest sound coming out of them, definately big influence the Who, and many 70s hard rock acts, but no one else ever captured that loose feel Jimi and his bands had. That is the definition of groove, it must be.

And as Billy Hoyle pointed out, the drummer was whitey....
30th September 2006 04:47 PM
Taptrick Love or Confusion makes excellent use of those open strings and hammer ons with the Fsus2 and G5 chords. It's hard for me to nail down Hendrix favorites. Some obvious ones I've simply moved past having heard them a million times and moved on to more obscure material. If I could name ten off the top of my head:

Gypsy Eyes
It's Too Bad
Nightbird
Midnight Lightning
Electric Lady Land (no vocal rythym track)
Scorpio Women
If 6 Was 9
Doriella Du Fontaine
Dolly Dagger
Tax Free

From westworld.com

oh wel...too small to see. I think it's Jimi with some of War. At least I think I can make out Lee Oskar.

[Edited by Taptrick]
[Edited by Taptrick]
[Edited by Taptrick]
30th September 2006 06:15 PM
Brainbell Jangler Jimi, man. What more can you say? No one can touch him. And it wasn't just technical proficiency, either. One of my housemates in college had a degree in classical music and thought Jimi's compositions often transcended anything merely rock'n'roll. And he was another native son of the great Pacific Northwest.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)