ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Leaving a Mexican Restaurant in Halifax, NS - September 22
© Tzonistac
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA, 09/20/06..setlist (new and improved), pix and reviews. PART 2 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
26th September 2006 11:23 AM
Gazza
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
didnt you get enough at lunchtime, throbby??

TMI !
26th September 2006 11:48 AM
jb Let him serve-he deserved to be elected as he helped many seniors during Wilma.
26th September 2006 03:11 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Let him serve-he deserved to be elected as he helped many seniors during Wilma.

Throbby?
26th September 2006 03:13 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Throbby?

Funny...no!!! My local state representaive.
26th September 2006 03:14 PM
glencar Ooohhhh....
26th September 2006 04:03 PM
glencar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Racf6H4Fx3o
26th September 2006 04:25 PM
Nellcote GC, good find, warts & all!
Woody rescues a wobbly moment, Christ I hear that Keith solo in my sleep
26th September 2006 04:28 PM
glencar Thanks, nellcote. It sounds like the horns don't start as early as I thought, no?
26th September 2006 05:17 PM
Nellcote You Are Correct Sir.
I did not catch much of it, as we were busily ejecting the squatters at our B stage seating.
It has the feel of a latter day "Happy" IMHO..
26th September 2006 09:09 PM
throbby Nellcote wrote:
...I did not catch much of it, as we were busily ejecting the squatters at our B stage seating...

The B stage is the absolute worst when it comes to pushing, shoving, and downright rudeness.

Funny, granny reading a bedtime story Tuesday night, fighting her way to the front row Wednesday night.

Pepper spray I'm thinking.
27th September 2006 07:15 AM
Nellcote HA!
These are mere blue haired mortals to the seasoned veterans who are able to make these forays seemless. Do not allow them to spoil this mission.
27th September 2006 07:23 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Reporting the videos posted by Jakeb206 as this will go to the archives:

Paint It Black -
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jymMw-ZRDaI

Sway -
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MgjG2ZU4ekE

Under My Thumb -
http://youtube.com/watch?v=m8Y8z7txPX4

YOU GOT THE SILVER -
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6QCKGbP8NeM

Little T & A
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Racf6H4Fx3o

I am sure more will pop up soon! Keep checking!
28th September 2006 05:19 PM
Lavendar The "BA_NA_NA Incident!"
If it had been Cherries ...
Seems like a MEN-O-pausel Moment!
+_+
28th September 2006 08:04 PM
Gazza Some more pics - including the banana incident! - with thanks to Debra for sharing them:

[Edited by Gazza]
28th September 2006 11:41 PM
glencar That's funny! It doesn't look like Mick was angry though.
29th September 2006 01:03 PM
Gazza Mick is far too professional to throw a public hissy fit onstage and embarrass himself in front of 45,000 people.
2nd October 2006 06:31 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Youngster enjoys old-time rock 'n' roll
11-year-old gets satisfaction
By Steven Rosenberg, Globe Staff | October 1, 2006
Boston Globe

It's 5 p.m. and I've just picked up my son Aaron from his after-school program. He informs me that he's finished his homework and is hungry. I steer the car toward the supermarket to pick up dinner, and the cellphone rings. It's my friend Ben,who tells me he's leaving for the Rolling Stones concert in 30 minutes. ``It's not sold out. You can get a ticket," he tells me.
|
I begin to decline the invitation, and start to explain that it wouldn't be right to take my 11-year-old son to see the Rolling Stones. Then I realize that what I'm saying is a lie. This would be a fine educational experience for a kid who already knows the Beatles catalog, I realize. I tell Ben to hold on, then look back at Aaron. His homework is done, and he doesn't look tired. He also knows about the Stones, and has a bunch of their songs on his iPod.

``Aaron, you want to see the Rolling Stones?"

A big smile spreads across his face.``Let's go!" he tells me.

Thirty minutes later Ben swings by my house. He is a good friend, and has had a difficult year. Tomorrow, he'll face another round of chemotherapy. But tonight, he'll savor his 10th-row seats with his wife, Rebecca, and sister Debbie.

My wife is working and begs off from the road trip. As we pass through Boston, Debbie hands us a couple of pastrami sandwiches. ``We figured you'd be hungry," she tells us.

During the ride I think about my decision to take Aaron. I couldn't have imagined going to a Frank Sinatra concert in 1970 with my dad. ``My Way" was a nice tune but not something I'd want to turn up full blast on my record player. Also, I wouldn't have felt right wearing a suit to a concert.

More than 40 years after first playing stadium events -- including an abbreviated gig at the old Manning Bowl in Lynn -- the Stones still sound great with the volume turned up, and my generation still embraces their lyrics like anthems. We've been told that if you try some time you might just find that you get what you need; reminded that we were all responsible for the Kennedy assassinations; advised that sometimes our heart is bumping louder than a big bass drum; consoled that even if you try you may not get any satisfaction.

I look at Aaron and he grips my hand and smiles as we head toward the gate, looking to buy tickets. It's the fifth time the Stones have been to Boston recently, and the scalpers are selling for below face value. We quickly execute a deal with a man in his 20s. He wants $100 for two tickets that he says he bought for $750. Seconds later, we are inside the big stadium, and smiling.

Inside, there was no talk of Altamont, or ``Gimme Shelter," or the night Kevin White sprung the Stones from a Rhode Island jail. No, the Stones would be the geriatric remedy that would bring solace to this crowd, and transport them back to an era when anything seemed possible, and when things like obesity, addiction, disease, and just plain bad luck happened to old people.

One by one, aging hipsters approach Aaron and want to shake his hand. A couple insist that he pose with them in a photograph. They tell him he's about to see the greatest rock group ever, and that one day he'll tell his kids about it.

Deep down, I also know they want to tell him that their generation wasn't all about drugs and rock 'n' roll; that American society changed in the '60s and '70s, and civil rights were advanced. More than anything, I think they want to impart to my son that their culture mattered.

We reach our seats, just 19 rows from the stage, and soon Mick Jagger is telling us to ``Paint it Black." Aaron eats a pretzel and photographs Jagger and Keith Richards. We stand and listen and move our bodies to the 21 songs that include ``Brown Sugar," ``Sympathy for the Devil," and ``(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction."

Like everyone else, Aaron sings along with ``Satisfaction." I take note of this -- that an 11-year-old is singing along with a song that was a Number 1 hit in 1965.

When the show is over I await Aaron's review. He thinks for a moment, and says, ``I liked everything." We regroup with our friends and pile into the car, and a minute later my son is asleep.

3rd October 2006 08:06 AM
Limbostone From the latest in Chuck's diary:

"The show had fantastic energy right from the start. We could tell that the fans were excited to hear a new opening number and some tunes we haven’t played before. There were some stumbles here and there, but overall it was a huge success. When we got back to the hotel room and Rose Lane went to some of the Stones chat rooms, the news was all over the place and everyone was ogling over the change in set list. We went down to the bar as Ashley, Peter and their friends were there, and Herren went with us. Susan had a stomachache and had passed on the concert. We didn’t stay long, though…and headed up to bed shortly after. A great day for the Stones and their fans!"
source: www.chuckleavell.com

I suppose he means message boards. In chatrooms there's not a lot to learn afaik.

Chuck's wife is reading here (and iorr/shidobee?)!!! Hello, Rose Lane! Why don't you sign up and whine with us?
3rd October 2006 08:31 AM
SweetVirginia If she was reading the boards, Chuck's wife must have gotten a kick out of LJ that night. Posting on 3 boards simultaneously, talking on 2 cell phones, drinking a bit. It was pretty funny to read!

3rd October 2006 12:16 PM
jb 'not sold out"....yes, as we said, over 10k empties.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)