ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Leaving a Mexican Restaurant in Halifax, NS - September 22
© Tzonistac
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA, 09/20/06..setlist (new and improved), pix and reviews. PART 2 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
24th September 2006 04:48 PM
glencar
quote:
chevysales wrote:

thanx...keep the gillete ones coming

i got goose bumps listening to that one.

and will someone buy that section 4 row 36 seat 8 for giants... i keep looking via ticketmaster but that dog keeps barking and i am not biting.
[Edited by chevysales]

C'mon, go for it!
24th September 2006 05:49 PM
throbby Hey Chevy!

Best Seats has for Giants section 4 row 10 for 474.00 or section 4 row 9 485.00 or section 3 row 5 for 600.00. Wait another day and I'm sure these prices will drop 10%. All of these can be bought as singles.
24th September 2006 06:26 PM
chevysales
quote:
throbby wrote:
Hey Chevy!

Best Seats has for Giants section 4 row 10 for 474.00 or section 4 row 9 485.00 or section 3 row 5 for 600.00. Wait another day and I'm sure these prices will drop 10%. All of these can be bought as singles.

link?
i'll try bestseats.com?

[Edited by chevysales]
24th September 2006 06:38 PM
throbby 1-800-Bestseats.com
24th September 2006 06:42 PM
chevysales
quote:
throbby wrote:
1-800-Bestseats.com

thanks
24th September 2006 07:37 PM
percyflame monkey man

http://www.uploading.com/files/NLSBGJOY/file0069b1.mp3.html
[Edited by percyflame]
24th September 2006 08:13 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
percyflame wrote:
monkey man

http://www.uploading.com/files/NLSBGJOY/file0069b1.mp3.html
[Edited by percyflame]

Percy, yer spoiling us...don't stop!
25th September 2006 02:53 AM
FotiniD Thanks for the mp3's percy! Haven't listened to them yet (overcrowded server) but I'm trying

Now, can anyone clarify the banana incident with Ronnie? I was reading a thread over at IORR and it had some pictures where it looked like Ronnie was being told off big time by all three of the other Stones What on earth did he do?
25th September 2006 05:35 AM
throbby What I remember is that Ronnie was eating a banana as they gathered for the final bow. Mick took it away from him and held it behind his back as they did the final bow.
25th September 2006 05:41 AM
FotiniD Cause these photos look scary

[Edited by FotiniD]
25th September 2006 10:51 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
throbby wrote:
What I remember is that Ronnie was eating a banana as they gathered for the final bow. Mick took it away from him and held it behind his back as they did the final bow.

LOL! Sounds like Mick is the "mom" and Ronnie is the "brat!"
25th September 2006 10:53 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Cause these photos look scary

[Edited by FotiniD]

"Every picture tells a story," indeed!
Ya gotta love this band: "The Coconut Incident," and now "The Gillette Banana Incident!"
These guys certainly like their tropical fruit!
LMAO

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
25th September 2006 01:00 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Wow, the thread reached the 500 replies (501 messages) so here's part 2

well done Voodoo!

they need to recognise the power of putting Live With Me, Monkey Man, Sway, Sweet Virginia, You Got the Silver and Midnight Rambler in the same set list!!!!
25th September 2006 02:41 PM
luxury1 Was just reading Chuck's tour diary (because I cant concentrate on getting anything done around here...) Upon returning to his hotel room after the show, first thing he did was check the Stones boards for the reaction of the fans, then hit the bar to celebrate the show!! At least Chuck cares about us.....
25th September 2006 02:45 PM
jb
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Was just reading Chuck's tour diary (because I cant concentrate on getting anything done around here...) Upon returning to his hotel room after the show, first thing he did was check the Stones boards for the reaction of the fans, then hit the bar to celebrate the show!! At least Chuck cares about us.....

Thanks Chuck!!!! Now, please dismiss yourseld and allow the band to recapture what it once was.....
25th September 2006 02:59 PM
Saint Sway what was the banana incident about? Just horsing around?
25th September 2006 03:06 PM
throbby My take on it is that Mick may have considered it disrespectful to the audience on Ron's part. Something you don't do on the final bow.
25th September 2006 03:16 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
My take on it is that Mick may have considered it disrespectful to the audience on Ron's part. Something you don't do on the final bow.

What did he do? Eat the bannana before retiring backstage? Mick and keith scold Ronnie like old queens...I actually feel sorry for him.
25th September 2006 03:20 PM
vedran Mick's not happy when ROonie's drunk - ok, but now he's not happy when he's eating healthy... )) C'mon.... )))
25th September 2006 03:23 PM
jb
quote:
vedran wrote:
Mick's not happy when ROonie's drunk - ok, but now he's not happy when he's eating healthy... )) C'mon.... )))

Keith is washed up...he needs to fucking thank RW for covering his ass so far this tour.
25th September 2006 03:25 PM
Saint Sway doesnt Ronnie often come out with a banana for intros?

I recall being at shows where Mick says "and on the banana... Ronnie Wood!"

and then Ronnie waves the banana peel around and acts like a clown...

it couldnt of been something worst than that? Did they really seem upset with him. The pictures look bad. But I cant imagine them being upset over him eating fruit?? By all accounts Ronnie saved/carried the show!

[Edited by Saint Sway]
25th September 2006 03:28 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
doesnt Ronnie often come out with a banana for intros?

I recall being at shows where Mick says "and on the banana... Ronnie Wood!"

and then Ronnie waves the banana peel around and acts like a clown...

it couldnt of been something worst than that? Did they really seem upset with him. The pictures look bad. But I cant imagine them being upset over him eating fruit?? By all accounts Ronnie saved/carried the show!

[Edited by Saint Sway]

He often eats the bananna at 1/2 time..must be a different reason...Mick and Keith are old farts!!!

25th September 2006 03:30 PM
throbby I think it was the timing of the peeling. Maybe it was their final Boston show ever, their final bow in front of Bostonians. Charlie sure took it all in after the final bow, lingering by the front of the stage, looking out, smiling, waving.
25th September 2006 03:32 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
I think it was the timing of the peeling. Maybe it was their final Boston show ever, their final bow in front of Bostonians. Charlie sure took it all in after the final bow, lingering by the front of the stage, looking out, smiling, waving.

Was the bannana fully peeled? Did it have any brown spots?
25th September 2006 03:33 PM
throbby I would say topless.
25th September 2006 03:33 PM
luxury1 I was up front, and I thought Mick was joking with Ronnie, when he pulled it out of his hand and hid it behind his back for the bow--but I do think he thought it inappropriate for the final bow--Mick and Ronnie were both smiling when he yanked it from his hand. I dont know what is up with those photos, however,--they do look more serious. I took it as the band joking with Ronnie, and yes, "scolding" him for the kid/clown he is. Nothing more. But I bet Ronnie never takes the final bow with banana again....
25th September 2006 03:35 PM
luxury1 didnt you get enough at lunchtime, throbby??
25th September 2006 03:37 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
I would say topless.

This thread has made me like RW..the thought of Mick scolding a 58yr old man, with subtance issues, is a bit of a turn off.
25th September 2006 03:49 PM
Saint Sway the whole final bow thing is just faggy

when did they start doing that? 89?

does any other band do that??? Or is it just a Broadway thing?

Sir Mick. Blah!
25th September 2006 03:50 PM
throbby Ronald was exceptional at Gillette on Midnight Rambler, alternating between rhythm and lead.

I guess he'll always be the naughty little boy in Mick's eyes.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)