ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keys To Your Love over SOL Return to archive
October 2nd, 2005 02:33 PM
Flashpoint After listening ABB enough times to make some kind of judgement, i feel that keys is not their best but a really nice song....i keep listening to it and i still like it but SOL...it doesn't make it for me...can't grow on me
The other ballads i like them very much and still growing.
October 2nd, 2005 02:52 PM
egon i find keys a pretty shit song.
no wait, make that absolute crap

SOL is nice, if not a bit overproduced/commercial.

but therefore it could have done well
had it been put out as a single...
[Edited by egon]
October 2nd, 2005 03:29 PM
The Wick I think Keys to Your Love is a great song and I loved it from the beginning. It sounds like one of Curtis Mayfield's ballads. Although the sound of the recording could have been better. Jagger has just lost his ability to keep things slightly rough and loves the new clear as glass shit sound that he has on everything after She's the Boss. That's why I had high hopes for SOL before I heard it. Then it turned into Streets of Shite once I did. Horrible song.
October 2nd, 2005 05:27 PM
Saint Sway I wonder if its even possible to start a thread debating a pair of Stones songs that are lamer than these two?
October 2nd, 2005 06:10 PM
texile keys is better than sol but that's minimal praise.....
true wick - the old jagger/richards could have turned keys into a solid curtis mayfield groove - all smooth and rough at the same time (ala beast of burden)- but jagger kills it with that same slick and souless approach.
October 2nd, 2005 08:09 PM
Flashpoint
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I wonder if its even possible to start a thread debating a pair of Stones songs that are lamer than these two?

You could have used the time you spent to reply this one to make the debate you wish....at this point these are the songs which i have some thoughts to post about
October 2nd, 2005 08:16 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Flashpoint wrote:

at this point these are the songs which i have some thoughts to post about

congratulations on that!

please write back when you're so completely bored that you want to know if we like "Rain Fell Down" better than "Suck On The Jugular."
October 2nd, 2005 08:29 PM
T&A two totally different styles of songs - KTYL is an extension of the soulful mid-tempo songs like Beast of Burden and Almost Hear You Sigh...and a very good song in its own right. SOL is just a pure pop ballad...and a very bad one at that.
October 2nd, 2005 09:39 PM
Flashpoint
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

congratulations on that!

please write back when you're so completely bored that you want to know if we like "Rain Fell Down" better than "Suck On The Jugular."

Thank You!...but...when did i ask or wonder about about someone else's opinion?....I didn't ask "which one do you prefer..Keys or SOL?"...i made a comment about these 2 songs,period.
Maybe you're the one who's bored and has to reply TWICE a topic you're clearly not interested in...which is fine by me...but you may try to understand what's it about in the first place.
Come on, bring something to the table then...let's have fun with your posts and insights!
October 2nd, 2005 09:54 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Flashpoint wrote:

Come on, bring something to the table then...let's have fun with your posts and insights!

well, I do have to confess that I'm really not sure what exactly your original post means. I think you were saying that you've listened to ABB long enough to have a new appreciation of Keys To Your Love - which is off of 40 Licks - because its not as bad as SOL?? I dunno. Your post is retarded on so many levels. How or why you came to this conclusion - or even bothered to -actually baffles me. Its beyond logic.

But,OK, I'm game for your challenge...

how's this....

After listening ABB enough times to make some kind of judgement, i feel that Terrifying is not their best but a really nice song....i keep listening to it and i still like it but LWTCDI...it doesn't make it for me...can't grow on me
The other funky songs i like them very much and still growing.

so.... how was that?
October 2nd, 2005 11:27 PM
Soldatti KTYL is a throwaway tune, not bad but a filler.
October 3rd, 2005 09:01 AM
Flashpoint
quote:
T&A wrote:
two totally different styles of songs - KTYL is an extension of the soulful mid-tempo songs like Beast of Burden and Almost Hear You Sigh...and a very good song in its own right. SOL is just a pure pop ballad...and a very bad one at that.

agree 100% T&A
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)