ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Now this guy could rock...Stevie Ray Vaughan appreciation thread Return to archive
October 2nd, 2005 12:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
October 2nd, 2005 12:03 PM
ListenToTheLion Stevie is allright. Saw him for the first time in 1981 in Paradiso. Still in my top 5 best concerts ever.
October 2nd, 2005 12:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
Still in my top 5 best concerts ever.

Wow, that's pretty high. I believe it though. In fact I suspect he was better in concert than on record....if thats possible. I have to take Stevie in small doses....he's too intense.
October 2nd, 2005 12:43 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I have to take Stevie in small doses....he's too intense.

True, he is (was). I love his music, but I really have to be in the mood for it, especially the heavy guitar stuff. He was brilliant though. So is his brother. Never saw Stevie live unfortunately...
October 2nd, 2005 12:51 PM
Taptrick
Saw him with Jeff Beck around 88 - 89? Both were awesome.
October 2nd, 2005 01:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
October 2nd, 2005 01:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
October 2nd, 2005 06:15 PM
Saint Sway when I think of Stevie Ray Vaughan, 4 words come to mind:

"Ron Wood is better."
October 2nd, 2005 06:19 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
when I think of Stevie Ray Vaughan, 4 words come to mind:

"Ron Wood is better."

In drinking
October 2nd, 2005 09:50 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

In drinking

Here's Stevie showing who drinks harder, Mick can't drink another... Woody well Woddy's Woody

October 2nd, 2005 09:52 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Two more

I think Stevie was a great player but not a great composer, his technique was great and he played like a bastard.
October 2nd, 2005 10:01 PM
Bruno Stone His version to Hendrix`s Little Wing is incredible.
October 2nd, 2005 10:10 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, he also covered Voodoo Child (slight return) and some others

Woody made a cover too but so light compared with Stevie's

I don't think his brother Jimmy can be compared with him, I have a great laser disc of the tribute show for Stevie with guest like Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton, B.B. King, Robert Cray, Bonnie Raitt, Dr. John, Art Neville and he's ok but not as good as Stevie.
October 2nd, 2005 11:56 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I think Stevie was a great player but not a great composer, his technique was great and he played like a bastard.

I have to disagree here voodoo, I think SRV was a great composer and writer, a master at reinventing the blues, he seemed to know his limitations and worked very well within the confines of them. He wrote some great shit and had a keen sense for cover songs, he had that rare ability to take others songs and make them his own

Yeah ok, I'm an SRV buff, and I admit it took me awhile to really get an ear for him, but once I finally "got it", it blew my mind apart. He could rock n roll like a man possessed

He was easily the best of his generation, the only way to hear SRV is live, lotta great boots out on the Dime

quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I don't think his brother Jimmy can be compared with him, I have a great laser disc of the tribute show for Stevie with guest like Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton, B.B. King, Robert Cray, Bonnie Raitt, Dr. John, Art Neville and he's ok but not as good as Stevie.

It's kinda hard to compare Jimmie to his brother, the twos styles are worlds apart, total opposites. Jimmies not much of a frontman, his sounds thinner and he's way more subdued, not all flash like SRV could get, but he's a damn fine, accomplishest blues guitarist in his own right, his early work with the T-birds solidifies that

The first 4 T-birds albums and his first and best solo album are must hears

Family style with bro Stevie is excellent as well, think I'll go play it aint heard it in a while
October 3rd, 2005 02:53 AM
the worst kinda guy Ron Wood better than SRV ? no way. SRV was the man. nobody plays like SRV. My personal favorite guitar player. that's why i have over 300 live SRV shows. Yeah SRV is too intense for the weak.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)