ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: This song sucks! Return to archive
October 2nd, 2005 09:51 AM
Ten Thousand Motels The Place is Empty....yuk. Keith! WTF are you thinking!
October 2nd, 2005 09:54 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Best songs....to me at least.

She Saw Me Coming
Let Me Down Slow
Biggest Mistake

I like Back of My Hand all right but it's a blues song that you could hear anywhere.

Well, a bit of a disclaimer here. I'm glad keith doesn't read RO. (does he?...LOL) Artists are funny people...they get all defensive and mad when you tell them their stuff sux even if you're being honest. They're like chicks with a new hair do or a new outfit...you can't tell them it sux. Know what I mean?

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
October 2nd, 2005 10:21 AM
Moonisup infamy is a bad song
October 2nd, 2005 10:40 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
October 2nd, 2005 11:00 AM
Taptrick
all opinions

October 2nd, 2005 11:00 AM
IanBillen
That is a good song. You speak in the vain like Keith never did a slow, cry in your beer song in his life. This one is a good tune. What don't you like about it? Infamy is cool too.

Ian
October 2nd, 2005 11:10 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
That is a good song. You speak in the vain like Keith never did a slow, cry in your beer song in his life. This one is a good tune. What don't you like about it? Infamy is cool too.

What don't I like about? I dunno I just don't like it. Too sappy for my tastes. But that's just me, some people thrive on sap. I mean I do have a taste for sappy songs once in awhile. My 2 or 3 favorite songs off ABB are sappy.
October 2nd, 2005 11:32 AM
ListenToTheLion It's the best Keith ballad in ages. Great song!
October 2nd, 2005 11:49 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
It's the best Keith ballad in ages. Great song!

You're FOS. (That's internet lingo for "full of shit".) Or full of bad taste, one of the two. But you're right about one thing ...."it's the best keith ballad in ages"...but it just ain't Rock n Roll. I mean you younger fans might not remember it, but there was a day when Keith Richards could rock n roll. In fact on a good day he was the best in the business. I mean today he might just be a babbling, drunken shell of his former self but his performance at the Hollywood Palladium compares to Elvis comeback concert. And Elvis died on a shitter at 44.
October 2nd, 2005 11:54 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Ian

Well, for a start, i don't like the way Keith sings in an affected American drawl, there's no need. Infamy:- unimaginitive crap, same chords all the way through.
October 2nd, 2005 11:58 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

You're FOS. (That's internet lingo for "full of shit".) Or full of bad taste, one of the two. But you're right about one thing ...."it's the best keith ballad in ages"...but it just ain't Rock n Roll. I mean you younger fans might not remember it, but there was a day when Keith Richards could rock n roll. In fact on a good day he was the best in the business. I mean today he might just be a babbling, drunken shell of his former self but his performance at the Hollywood Palladium compares to Elvis comeback concert. And Elvis died on a shitter at 44.

I am 43 and still think it's a helll of a song!
October 2nd, 2005 03:05 PM
Neocon I think that "This place is Empty" is a good song. The vocals sink it to a degree, but after a while you hear the melody and sincerity, which makes it good in my view.

Infamy? It has nice riff and pretty good vocals. At the end when he's singing "right from the start" he almost sounds like he did 30 years ago. Just because it's simple and based on one riff doesn't mean it's bad. "Streets of Love," that's bad. What's really aweful is the end when Mick sounds really cheesy singing "I was aweful bad." Makes me vomitt.

The music to "Neocon," is alright, but the way he pronounces Christian is pretty annoying and really Unstones. The lyrics aren't great. Yea there is no reason for my Neocon online identity.

I think basically all the songs are decent other than "Streets of Love." I'm not sure why Mick thinks we don't believe him the 1st time he tells us Jerry Hall is smart:

LMDS: "Your acting way too smart"
SOL: "I must admitt, you were aweful smart"
BM: "What a perfect love match, She is so smart she's a hell of a catch"

I guess the point is that Mick finds himself very smart and he likes a smart women. Very rock and roll.

October 2nd, 2005 05:20 PM
sammy davis jr. The song sucks, way too predictable chord changes, awful lyrics, and very cheesy piano sound.
October 2nd, 2005 06:18 PM
texile
quote:
Neocon
I think basically all the songs are decent other than "Streets of Love." I'm not sure why Mick thinks we don't believe him the 1st time he tells us Jerry Hall is smart:

LMDS: "Your acting way too smart"
SOL: "I must admitt, you were aweful smart"
BM: "What a perfect love match, She is so smart she's a hell of a catch"

I guess the point is that Mick finds himself very smart and he likes a smart women. Very rock and roll.

maybe he's trying to convince himself....because its so unconvincing - those lyrics are awful stupid.
October 2nd, 2005 06:44 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Great Keith Song! By the way, there's nothing wrong with SOL either, it works for what it was intended to be a sappy ballad.
October 2nd, 2005 07:49 PM
T&A TPIE misses the mark. It was aiming for something like We Had it All but doesn't come anywhere close. I left it off of my version of the album, along with five others that just don't do it for me.
October 2nd, 2005 09:37 PM
LeedsLungs71 T&A,
What were the songs you ended up keeping? I am curious which 5 songs didn't make the cut on your CD?
October 2nd, 2005 10:21 PM
Luke Skywalker 666 It's not a bad tune. Laid back and ok. Not great but not bad. The great thing about the Stones is that even the weakest songs are better than most of the currant crap songs out there.
October 2nd, 2005 11:40 PM
Soldatti I like the song, much better than his last three ballads.
October 3rd, 2005 03:50 AM
Stonesthrow
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

... I mean today he might just be a babbling, drunken shell of his former self but his performance at the Hollywood Palladium compares to Elvis comeback concert. And Elvis died on a shitter at 44.

Elvis was only 42 when he died in 1977. Speaking of the shitter, that's where Keith's two songs belong. I don't know whether or not he can still write a good rocker. However, his lead singing has ruined every song he's ever done though he used to be pretty good on harmonies. While we are flushing, include Streets Of Love, and the annoying Prince-like riff on Rain Fall Down. What's left is a nice, but not great, 12 song cd. Best song on the cd is Back Of My Hand.
October 3rd, 2005 04:55 AM
egon biggest mistake is indeed the biggest mistake on the album.
October 3rd, 2005 05:17 AM
silkcut1978 I like "Biggest Mistake" & "Place Is Empty" best on ABB. AND I'm old enough (42) to remember the days when Keith rocked. And I remember a dull ballad with a thin voice called "Comming Down Again" lol

silk
October 3rd, 2005 06:24 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Taptrick wrote:
all opinions

Well......yes. Elvis was 42? I stand corrected, thnx.
October 3rd, 2005 06:53 AM
corgi37 I just wish he'd get his rock back. The crooning is annoying me after so many albums. He should have done a Happy or Little T&A type song.

Actually the line about "bare your breasts" in TPIE would fit a Berry-esue rocker really well.
October 3rd, 2005 08:45 AM
JumpingKentFlash If ya want lots of chord changes Tool is the way to go. Deep lyrics department is Pink Floyd. Now you could make a mix of two songs by both groups. Bastard pop it's called I think. Then you'd have a song fitting your taste. But if you're a Stones-fan you GOTTA like Infamy and This Place Is Empty. Great Keef-songs both of them.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)