ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
Đ 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is Rough Justice a Classic Stones Song? Return to archive
October 1st, 2005 02:21 PM
the good This song has been out for a while now, and it still grows on me with every listen. I used to think it was just a good track, and probably the best on the new album, but I am now thinking its by far the best song on ABB, and maybe even a classic Stones Song. It just gets better and better. Am I crazy?

October 1st, 2005 02:35 PM
IzzyStradlin It is the best track on the album and the sole reason I bought the album.

It's a great song. The album sucks, but that song is truly rockin'.

Will it reach 'classic' status? No. No new songs ever will by the Stones.

There era is over. Mick is soft and after seeing Keith intrduce ZZ Top into the R+R Hall of Fame, I realized how uncool he now is. The guy is a flake and quite honestly, trying to hard to be cool.

It's over, for the Stones as far as 'classic' songs go IMO.

Having said that, Rough Justice is a damn good song. In fact, if you really like Rough Justice, pick up some old Georgia Satellites CD's, you'll love them.
October 1st, 2005 02:41 PM
jb No....similar to , but not even close as good, as Neighbors...
October 1st, 2005 04:20 PM
speedfreakjive When it comes to RJ, I think its well produced, and lyrically above average, and is a good song. But its not a classic Stones song IMO because it brings no originality to the table, i.e it sounds a bit like something off Voodoo Lounge, maybe You Got Me Rocking.
However I have to say i think Dangerous Beauty is the best song on the new album, if only for Jaggers brilliant vocal delivery and lyrics. This song also has Keith's best guitar work on the album IMO.
October 1st, 2005 04:22 PM
Gimme Shelter Hell yeah it is.
October 1st, 2005 04:55 PM
texile speedfreak - i agree about dangerous beauty but i would put onnya as the best rocker since some girls.
October 1st, 2005 05:07 PM
tumbling dice
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
When it comes to RJ, I think its well produced, and lyrically above average, and is a good song. But its not a classic Stones song IMO because it brings no originality to the table, i.e it sounds a bit like something off Voodoo Lounge, maybe You Got Me Rocking.
However I have to say i think Dangerous Beauty is the best song on the new album, if only for Jaggers brilliant vocal delivery and lyrics. This song also has Keith's best guitar work on the album IMO.

I agree, itīs like You Got me rocking,itīs not in my top five of A Bigger Bang.Good song, but not classic.
October 1st, 2005 06:04 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
texile wrote:
speedfreak - i agree about dangerous beauty but i would put onnya as the best rocker since some girls.

I don't think its as good as She's So Cold.
October 1st, 2005 06:06 PM
LeedsLungs71 I think ONNYA is a better song. I don't understand why they didn't clean it up for Clear Channel and release it as the single? It rocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 1st, 2005 06:09 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
LeedsLungs71 wrote:
I think ONNYA is a better song. I don't understand why they didn't clean it up for Clear Channel and release it as the single? It rocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed, its certainly better than Streets Of Shite
October 1st, 2005 06:53 PM
ListenToTheLion A (very) good song but not in the top 5
October 1st, 2005 07:00 PM
the good I'm just now realizing how much the beginning of Rough Justice kicks ass. Keith is riding that riff like a jockey rides a horse, and the song just explodes out of the gate. Great leads too, not so much from a technical standpoint, but I love the way the notes spin as the song goes into the refrain. Fucking brilliant guitar work.
October 1st, 2005 07:29 PM
Puza Tarata To izzystradlin :
Keith Richards's uncool?
I'd like to meet you when you're 61, just to see how cool you are...
October 1st, 2005 08:36 PM
diegostone
quote:
jb wrote:
No....similar to , but not even close as good, as Neighbors...

Youre right.
October 1st, 2005 08:57 PM
texile well speedfreak - i should have said the best since she's so cold - because i agree; but onnya does have that great feel ...it doesn't pretend to be trendy or deep or soulful.....it just tears through like a runaway train...
jagger's voice sounds real and unaffected - i like rj but this one rocks harder with a kind of abandon
October 1st, 2005 11:16 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:

There era is over. Mick is soft and after seeing Keith intrduce ZZ Top into the R+R Hall of Fame, I realized how uncool he now is. The guy is a flake and quite honestly, trying to hard to be cool.

yeah that lil display sobered me up on Keef a bit too, he came across as a fuckin retard

i wouldnt rank RJ "classic" Stones, a decent enough rocker, my fav on the album and possibly the best cut on there, but that aint saying much
[Edited by Bloozehound]
October 2nd, 2005 02:03 AM
pdog
quote:
the good wrote:
This song has been out for a while now, and it still grows on me with every listen. I used to think it was just a good track, and probably the best on the new album, but I am now thinking its by far the best song on ABB, and maybe even a classic Stones Song. It just gets better and better. Am I crazy?

You might be crazy!!! But! aren't we all?
About RJ being a classic, it needs to live about 10 or 15 years first!
October 2nd, 2005 02:42 AM
DAVINO It's a good tune. I think Infamy is tighter. Keiths vocals on it are awesome live. Why do folks have to be negative about certain tunes or albums, take it for what it is and be happy that The Stones still are fucking rocking after 42 years and keep the negativity to yourself. If you can do better, upload us a couple tunes to rock to or shut the fuck up! my humble .02
October 2nd, 2005 05:07 AM
exile
quote:
DAVINO wrote:
Why do folks have to be negative about certain tunes or albums, take it for what it is and be happy that The Stones still are fucking rocking after 42 years and keep the negativity to yourself. If you can do better, upload us a couple tunes to rock to or shut the fuck up!

WORD Brother!

RJ...not a classic but a decent rocker

I love the lyrics in Dangerous Beauty. I also Love ONNYA studio version.
October 2nd, 2005 10:01 PM
Soldatti It's a great song, and my fav. of the album.
October 2nd, 2005 10:07 PM
Saint Sway its a fun song. But a classic??.... its more like YGMR part II.

quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
It is the best track on the album and the sole reason I bought the album.

It's a great song. The album sucks, but that song is truly rockin'.

Will it reach 'classic' status? No. No new songs ever will by the Stones.

It's over, for the Stones as far as 'classic' songs go IMO.

Having said that, Rough Justice is a damn good song. In fact, if you really like Rough Justice, pick up some old Georgia Satellites CD's, you'll love them.

well said.

and the Sats were a fun rock band. Rick Richards - great slide. RJ is very much a Faces/Satellites tune. Fun rock tune. Not a classic.
October 2nd, 2005 10:16 PM
Flashpoint I really like it and kind of stuck in my head that slide solo delivered by Ronnie...quite addictive
I'm glad to know the Stones can still rock but it won't be a classic...
October 2nd, 2005 11:30 PM
poor immigrant It lacks a killer bridge, but other than that it's pretty cool.
October 2nd, 2005 11:31 PM
Soldatti The last classic was Start Me Up.
October 3rd, 2005 12:13 AM
BILL PERKS I QUITE DIG IT..IMO,A TRUE WARHORSE
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)