ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA, Rocktober 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Are There A Lot of Black Stones Fans? Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 30th, 2005 05:14 PM
jcdesq Just wondering if there are a lot of black fans. I have been to close to 50 Stones shows, and I don't remember seeing many black faces in the crowd. Are there any black posters on this board?

I know that this phenomenon is not Stones-specific, but I would think if there was a classic rock band that could transcend racial lines, it would be the Stones. Mick and Keith are basically black, and the band has a black bassist. I know that Greg Gumbel is a big fan, as well as O.J. lackey, Al Cowling. He drove the Bronco and allegedly told Keith if the O.J. was guilty, in order to get backstage passes to a concert.

Also, word on the street is that my mom's nickname is "Goldie," because she supposedly has a mouth that is as soft as a Golden Retriever's.

September 30th, 2005 05:23 PM
Thing One There are not a lot. But there are some. I will be attending the Seattle show with a black guy.
September 30th, 2005 05:33 PM
KeepRigid I thought this topic was going to be something else entirely. I remember desperately wanting that Harry Blackstone Jr. magic kit when I was a kid. I once met a girl who had one, and she completely enchanted young Keep.

September 30th, 2005 05:42 PM
Egbert Chuck Berry's a HUGE fan!
September 30th, 2005 06:35 PM
Dan I'm black.
September 30th, 2005 07:15 PM
Soldatti They're not popular among the black crowd.
September 30th, 2005 07:28 PM
BILL PERKS I'M A WIGGER
September 30th, 2005 07:32 PM
no night together don't know if you consider them techically black, but i met a good quantity of polinesian rugby players (fijian, samoan, tongans etc) and among them a pretty high number of stones fans.
good quuestions jcdsq, i am curious, hope there'll be afew answers
September 30th, 2005 07:33 PM
PeerQueer I fucked a black guy last night with ABB playing away - - he seemed to like it quite well!

...the music that is.

You got it infamy...ahhhh, careful big guy!
September 30th, 2005 07:51 PM
Riffhard
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
I fucked a black guy last night with ABB playing away - - he seemed to like it quite well!

...the music that is.

You got it infamy...ahhhh, careful big guy!

So what you're saying is

Riffhard

September 30th, 2005 08:08 PM
scratched I think Mick was black only until about 1965...and then again in 1972.

Maybe Marrianne sucked it out of him!
[Edited by scratched]
September 30th, 2005 08:18 PM
PeerQueer Nah, more of an opportunist.

I like to drive on both sides of the street.

quote:
Riffhard wrote:

So what you're saying is

Riffhard

September 30th, 2005 08:27 PM
Pako Gertte I'm black too

September 30th, 2005 08:28 PM
pdog I smoke Kools and have kids with more than one woman...
I love The Stones...
Am I black? Who gives a rats ass. I takes care of my kids and got the backs of all my homies!
Word!

September 30th, 2005 08:33 PM
Riffhard
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Nah, more of an opportunist.

I like to drive on both sides of the street.

Hey there peerqueer don't sweat it. Like I always say

Riffhard
September 30th, 2005 08:55 PM
jb Has anybody seen my old friend baby Steelie?
September 30th, 2005 09:01 PM
LadyJane "Look what the Cat Dragged In."

This will be my standard reply to the idiotic postings of some of the newbies around these parts.

Carry on.

LJ.
September 30th, 2005 09:21 PM
gypsy Feej, sirmoonie, and I are all black. We're in a gang. We want SS to join our gang even though he is white, because he's pretty good with a bow-staff.
September 30th, 2005 10:44 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
Has anybody seen my old friend baby Steelie?

He's doing time in a maximum security twilight home!

September 30th, 2005 10:55 PM
Poplar
i'm black as teh ace of spades - in spirit.
September 30th, 2005 10:57 PM
exile my dog has black patches
September 30th, 2005 10:57 PM
M.O.W.A.T. The most famous Black Rolling Stones Fan of them all:

September 30th, 2005 11:18 PM
full moon YO YO YO . Dasa BooshEET MOn..
October 1st, 2005 12:03 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
jcdesq wrote:
Just wondering if there are a lot of black fans.

HahaHHa!

g1

fuck no!

the Stones ain't even black anymore, but they still got SOL~

October 1st, 2005 12:32 AM
Dan
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
"Look what the Cat Dragged In."

This will be my standard reply to the idiotic postings of some of the newbies around these parts.

Carry on.

LJ.

What do you have against black people? Maybe the next question should be how many racist Stones fans are there?
October 1st, 2005 12:56 AM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

What do you have against black people? Maybe the next question should be how many racist Stones fans are there?

Everyone is prejudice in some way! Seeing the humor in it, is damn funny and part of the solution.
UGH! Damn , I went all serious and shit!
October 1st, 2005 01:14 AM
texile don't know jc - but i grew up in a latino neighborhood with soul and funk -most my friends only loved the stones funky songs.....
stones fans seem to be associated with that male/white/comb-in-backpocket rock fan mentality and yet the stones are the least anglo white band ever.
don't get it.
October 1st, 2005 01:51 AM
gypsy
quote:
Dan wrote:

What do you have against sarcasm?
October 1st, 2005 02:45 AM
IanBillen
The Stones are, and always have been street cool. they have always been the coolesdt white band on the planet. They have so much black music influence in their music. Many of The Stones songs have got groove that a black person could get funky to any day or night.

Many black folks dig The Stones and alot of black females dig Mick.

Ian
October 1st, 2005 02:53 AM
Dan
quote:
gypsy wrote:
What do you have against sarcasm?

What an ironic question!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)