ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Tim (seersuckersuit)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Setlists Return to archive
30th September 2006 02:31 PM
StarvinMarvin Hye everyone, I'm going to be seeing the Stones in Vancouver on Nov 03, so I'm pretty excited about it. I've only seen them twice before, both time were during the Voodoo Lounge tour. I'm 31, and have been a Stones fan from birth. I just read the setlist from last night in Kentucky, and I must say I was pretty surprised at how some people were bitching about it. In my view, it's one helluva show. I hope they play a similar set in Vancouver. This is the setlist:

1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
3. Oh No, Not You Again
4. Lets Spend The Night Together
5. Dead Flowers
6. Streets of Love
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Tumbling Dice

9. You Got The Silver
10. Little T &A

B-stage:
11. Miss You
12. Rough Justice
13. Start Me Up
14. Honky Tonk Women

15. Sympathy For The Devil
16. Paint It Black
17. Brown Sugar

Encore :
18. You Cant Always Get What You Want
19. Satisfaction

Now, what the hell is wrong with that? I understand that some hardcore fans want to hear obscure stuff (I have every Stones album, so I know they have a huge pool to draw from), but this is ridiculous. They played several songs that casual fans probably haven't heard before (Little T & A, You Got The Silver, Dead Flowers). They kept the new tunes to a minimum. Yes, they played quite a few of the hits, but quite a number of these haven't been overplayed on recent tours (YCAGWYW, Paint It Black, LSTNT, Midnight Rambler). OK, OK, I realize that Satisfaction has been played to death, but enough is enough!! The band doesn't have much leeway here. They have to please the casual fans, who want to hear the hits. They have to please long-time fans that may not have had the opportunity to see the band before, so they have to play the hits for these people too (if its my first Stones concert, and I have to fork out $200, I damn well better hear Jumping Jack Flash and Brown Sugar!!!). They have to please hardcore fans who often follow the band from city to city - you know, the type of poeple who are upset that the band isn't playing 'Little Queenie,' 'Walkin' the Dog,' or 'Through The Lonely Nights.' They have to please themselves, so they play some new songs to keep themselves interested.

Basically, on any given night there are really only two or three available slots where the band can play obscure stuff. When you keep that in mind, you will have to confess that the Stones have pretty good setlists. Your thoughts? Are you tired of the bitching? Or do you think the setlists truly stink?

Don't get me wrong - I want to hear the obscure stuff. I'd love to hear Memo From Turner, Let It Loose, Salt Of The Earth, Silver Train, Til The Next Time, She Smiled Sweetly, Winter, Out Of Time, etc.....But we also have to remember that not everyone out there wants to hear an entire set full of obscure music. Such a setlist is not suited to a stadium environment.
[Edited by StarvinMarvin]
[Edited by StarvinMarvin]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)