ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Tim (seersuckersuit)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: TWO SHOWS AT BEACON!!! Return to archive
29th September 2006 10:09 AM
GotToRollMe Rolling Stones to play at Beacon Theater Fri Sep 29, 2:13 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The Rolling Stones have slotted in TWO SHOWS at New York's Beacon Theater on October 29 and October 31, their spokeswoman said on Thursday.

While the two-sentence statement did not mention it, the first show will likely serve as the climax of President Bill Clinton's 60th birthday bash in the city. Details of the pricey, three-day celebration, starting at $60,000 per person, were reported in Thursday's Washington Post.

The Stones statement said tickets would be available to the public with details to follow shortly. A spokeswoman was not immediately available for comment.

The Beacon's capacity is about 2,900 people. The Rolling Stones last played a club show in New York in 2002, at the Roseland Ballroom.

The band has just begin a tour of North American stadiums, and is set to play Louisville, Ky., on Friday. The Beacon shows, which were long the subject of speculation among fans, come between an October 27 date in Atlantic City and a November 3 concert in Vancouver, B.C.

Reuters

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060929/music_nm/stones_dc_1

and on RS.com:
http://www.rollingstones.com/news/news.php?uid=589

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
29th September 2006 10:12 AM
Lazy Bones Edmonton bleeds...
29th September 2006 10:23 AM
gimmekeef Atlanta..is forgotten too...!!!..With the Scorcese documentary filming guess they want 2 nights to cut and splice the best of both.....I hope there's software available so I can edit Hilary and Chelsea out of the dvd!..Is Nero 8 available yet???????????
29th September 2006 11:31 AM
Saint Sway who would pay $60k????
29th September 2006 12:02 PM
glencar
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Atlanta..is forgotten too...!!!..With the Scorcese documentary filming guess they want 2 nights to cut and splice the best of both.....I hope there's software available so I can edit Hilary and Chelsea out of the dvd!..Is Nero 8 available yet???????????

Oh, nice point!
29th September 2006 12:03 PM
glencar Which brings up another point: Will the 2nd show's crowd have a dress code so the splicing isn't too obvious?
29th September 2006 12:10 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
who would pay $60k????

people that have the ability to 'right-off' $60K!
29th September 2006 12:15 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
Which brings up another point: Will the 2nd show's crowd have a dress code so the splicing isn't too obvious?

They'll just use the crowd shots from one night. Why give yourself a continuity nightmare?
29th September 2006 12:21 PM
glencar This is now listed in the news section at rs.com.
29th September 2006 03:03 PM
GotToRollMe Are they using the same pricing structure for both nights?
29th September 2006 03:13 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I hope there's software available so I can edit Hilary and Chelsea out of the dvd!..Is Nero 8 available yet???????????

When you find that software, be sure to tell Dubya and Condi. They're looking for a way to edit out the anti-terrorism plan that Bubba and Richard Clarke left for them.

29th September 2006 03:24 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

people that have the ability to 'right-off' $60K!

JB?
29th September 2006 04:01 PM
Saint Sway Jagger + Clinton + Cohl + $60,000 tickets

incredible

how did they even come up with that number????
29th September 2006 06:22 PM
JesusMe 60,000=Clinton turns 60

I wonder if they are going to have a pre sale where you have to spend an extra hundred dollars to have a chance to buy the 60 thousand dollar seats
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)