ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Tim (seersuckersuit)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Before the hippie era there was LOVE in the air (NSC) Return to archive
28th September 2006 08:54 PM
MrPleasant Scorpions kick ass, then some rebels watch as some lame ducks enter their fucking land (prior to that, some bishops became really old and died). Then, a man and a woman are having wild steamy sex in the beach and the lame ducks get really angry because they scream too loud. The man is taken away, but he gets the chance to crush some beetle and kick a stupid dog.

Now, the whole land is a huge city and people walk down the streets (one asshole is carrying something on his stupid head). The man thinks about the girl, who has a cow on her bed. Her stupid parents are worried about some idiotic party that they're having soon. Meanwhile, the man gets liberated from the dudes who are taking him down the street and watch as the man kicks a poor blind man to the ground.

So, the party's happening, and the tight-ass rich people pay no mind as a worker shoots his own son with a gun and the kitchen's help is on fire. Soon the man enters and slaps the woman's mother to the shock of the people. Later, there's some Wagner at the garden and the man and the woman generate more hot steam. A weird man enters and kisses the woman; the man gets really pissed off and goes into the girl's room. Closes the door and throws a bishop out the window and some other stupid shit.

Finally, it's Sade's castle and the four libertines are opening the door after 120 days of horror. The most repulsive comes out and he's Jesus Christ in person. Then a cheerful "paso doble".

Think I'm drunk? Well, yes! (No, actually, first comes dinner, and I'm waiting for my quesadillas.) Check this out (it takes forever to load, though, but it beats Jackass number two to the ground)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcasqBRzeeA
[Edited by MrPleasant]
28th September 2006 09:23 PM
not bound to please

[Edited by not bound to please]
28th September 2006 09:32 PM
MrPleasant Pretty close, Boundy, but this is the other one. BTW, I think that Billy Pepper looks very handsome in that yellow uniform. Too bad I'm not gay.
28th September 2006 09:37 PM
not bound to please
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Pretty close, Boundy, but this is the other one. BTW, I think that Billy Pepper looks very handsome in that yellow uniform. Too bad I'm not gay.

I knew that. You were talking about L'Age D'Or. Trust me...

What do you think of Buñuel's Mexican films?

And yes - Mr. Preston looks quite sharp in his pepper suit - but not as dashing and manly as when he was doing the cock dance with Jagger.

28th September 2006 09:45 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

I knew that. You were talking about L'Age D'Or. Trust me...

What do you think of Buñuel's Mexican films?

And yes - Mr. Preston looks quite sharp in his pepper suit - but not as dashing and manly as when he was doing the cock dance with Jagger.

The best is El Ángel Exterminador.

Nazarín and Los Olvidados come pretty close, but that one is one of the greatest films of all time. Then there are some minor hits like Él and Susana. Simón del Desierto couldn't be finished and the rest goes from mediocre (El Gran Calavera, Subida al Cielo) to ludicrous. However, every one of his movies is watchable, without exception.

I think that Viridiana is over-rated. But it's still a funny movie. Marco Ferreri's El Pisito is hilarious. I couldn't believe how funny old people can be.

Actually, I prefer Buñuel's french side. Belle Du Jour and The Milky Way are my favorites. Bon soir!
28th September 2006 09:52 PM
not bound to please
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

The best is El Ángel Exterminador.

I'm not sure if I've seen that. It's been years. I sometimes see films and get déjà vu. I'll put it on my netflix list - hope they have it.

28th September 2006 09:55 PM
not bound to please I just googled it...I did see it. One of my film profs was a Buñuel fan - so I saw quite a bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_%C3%A1ngel_exterminador
28th September 2006 09:57 PM
MrPleasant
quote:

I'm not sure if I've seen that. It's been years. I sometimes see films and get déjà vu. I'll put it on my netflix list - hope they have it.

Iy's with Silvia Pinal. It's about a bunch of idiots who can't leave a room for no reason. So, they camp there, eat there, shit there, etc; they are "locked" but they don't know why the hell they can't leave the room. It's sort of a preamble to The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie.

About Sergei, I really liked Ivan The Terrible.
28th September 2006 10:08 PM
not bound to please
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

Iy's with Silvia Pinal. It's about a bunch of idiots who can't leave a room for no reason. So, they camp there, eat there, shit there, etc; they are "locked" but they don't know why the hell they can't leave the room. It's sort of a preamble to The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie.

About Sergei, I really liked Ivan The Terrible.

Sounds like certain message boards...hmmm....

I still have copies of Film Form and Film Sense hanging around somewhere.

Dziga Vertov is great too.

28th September 2006 10:18 PM
MrPleasant
quote:

Dziga Vertov is great too.

I found Man With A Movie Camera somewhere in the net. Gotta watch it seriously, soon.
29th September 2006 03:18 AM
not bound to please
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

I found Man With A Movie Camera somewhere in the net. Gotta watch it seriously, soon.

I have the dvd - I think Kino put it out.

That and Eisenstein's October are films that anyone who cares about film should see.

While you're at it - order the Stan Brakhage dvd and the Maya Deren dvd.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)