ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Tim (seersuckersuit)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Concert security? Return to archive
28th September 2006 04:45 PM
Kayriff I'm going to the Stones concert in Louisville KY tomorrow, and I was wondering how tight the security is at the concerts. Being a teenager, I've never been to a Stones concert before (I'm REALLY excited)and I was just wondreing are there lots of cops there and other stuff like that....
28th September 2006 04:57 PM
glencar Yes. Expect a full body cavity search. Be very careful with what you bring as they WILL take it. Follow all the rules on yer ticket!
28th September 2006 05:17 PM
throbby Follow Glencar's advice.

Funny, but last night after the show as I was leaving the stadium after a visit to the unsanitary porta-potties I noticed a handful of NJ's finest walking around with automatic weapons, not slung on their shoulders but in their hands. That would be a first for me at a concert. Made me extremely nervous for a moment.
28th September 2006 05:19 PM
SweetVirginia It varies by venue. They patted us down at Gillette. Most places search handbags and look at you really hard. Lots of cameras get in, but it is a risk to take one since the tickets usually say "No Cameras/No Recording" on them.

What are you thinking of taking in?

28th September 2006 06:12 PM
Kayriff
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

What are you thinking of taking in?

A camera, I hoped to document my first Stones concert! haha!

Thanks for the advice everyone!
[Edited by Kayriff]
28th September 2006 06:57 PM
Dan A camera? The one thing I hate the most at concerts is people, especially novices, trying to take pictures next to me while I am trying to enjoy the show.

28th September 2006 07:04 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Dan wrote:
A camera? The one thing I hate the most at concerts is people, especially novices, trying to take pictures next to me while I am trying to enjoy the show.

Agreed!
28th September 2006 07:05 PM
Kayriff
quote:
Dan wrote:
A camera? The one thing I hate the most at concerts is people, especially novices, trying to take pictures next to me while I am trying to enjoy the show.

I wouldn't be one of those anoying people, I would just take a couple of pictures of me being there before the show started, then watch the show. It would be hard to watch if I was taking pictures every 2 seconds, gosh that would be anoying.
[Edited by Kayriff]
28th September 2006 07:11 PM
glencar Those annoying people with cameras are responsible for some of our interesting photos on various threads. They often end up as header photos. Some contribute; some bitch.
28th September 2006 07:16 PM
Kayriff
quote:
glencar wrote:
Those annoying people with cameras are responsible for some of our interesting photos on various threads. They often end up as header photos. Some contribute; some bitch.

true true, I just want to see the show, and prove that I was there not making crap up.
28th September 2006 07:21 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
Those annoying people with cameras are responsible for some of our interesting photos on various threads. They often end up as header photos. Some contribute; some bitch.

I have contributed plenty - but there have been some tense moments when security floods my section and I am next to some idiot who doesn't know how to take pictures at a concert. It can place my contributions in jeopardy.
28th September 2006 07:26 PM
zipmouth You can't gain experience without doing it. Every "expert" was once a clumsy novice.
[Edited by zipmouth]
28th September 2006 08:00 PM
Dan
quote:
zipmouth wrote:
You can't gain experience without doing it. Every "expert" was once a clumsy novice.
[Edited by zipmouth]

Ha Ha Ha I am not really talking about taking pictures anymore if you know what I mean but that has always irritated me when someone next to me starts shooting pictures, for some reason.
28th September 2006 08:11 PM
zipmouth I understand the contributions. I was stating for the original poster.
28th September 2006 08:12 PM
mrhipfl In Switzerland, I took my digital camera in and they made me take out the batteries. Luckily, I had some spare ones. I always made sure the flash was off though, and didn't take too many pics.
28th September 2006 08:36 PM
Dan Get a few shots of Alice then.
28th September 2006 08:51 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:

Dammit, somethng else we agree on. This is getting to be a bad habit.

On the issue of security: I have had consistent success placing the small items I wish to carry in inside my gloves and holding the gloves as I walk through security.

I hope security isn't reading this.
[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
28th September 2006 11:52 PM
glencar Let's call it a good habit!
29th September 2006 12:38 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
Let's call it a good habit!

Fair enough. And while we're on subjects we agree on, I'm sure you think as I do that Islamic fundamentalist extremism is a real threat to our way of life. I happen to feel the same way about Christian fundamentalist extemism. How about you?

[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)