ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Tim (seersuckersuit)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Waterloo Anywhere (For HT Man and everyone else) Return to archive
28th September 2006 01:22 PM
Factory Girl HT Man,

I think that Babyshables are superior to Dirty Pretty Things.

Your thoughts?

FG!
28th September 2006 02:14 PM
Gazza Babyshambles played here last night. Pete turned up. I didnt go.
28th September 2006 02:42 PM
glencar Gazza, Continental now has direct service from Belfast to Newark. MSG?
28th September 2006 03:00 PM
Honky Tonk Man That’s a hard one. Babyshambles SHOULD be the better band, but I really didn’t think much of Down In Albion at all. There are some great ideas there, but a lot of it just doesn’t quite work for me. I think it’s saying something about Doherty’s current state creativity when you realise that probably 3/4 of those tracks he started working on with the Libertines. I still think the greatest contribution Babyshambles have made to music is their first hit single Kilamangiro and it's b-side, The Man Who Came To Stay. Its on the Libertines/Babyshmbles CD I sent you. Listen to it again, you'll realise how good they COULD be.

Waterloo To Anywhere is OKAY, but I'm just not all that interested. A few of the tunes are quite good, but I find it all to be a bit boring.
29th September 2006 12:07 AM
glencar Pete's a loser...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2006450107,00.html
29th September 2006 06:05 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
glencar wrote:
Pete's a loser...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2006450107,00.html

Yes he is. I wonder if I'm ever contradicting myself, but I really try and keep the music separate from the media circus that surrounds him.
29th September 2006 07:05 AM
Zeeta Waterloo to Anywhere pisses all OVER babyshitbles.

Bang Bang You're Dead rocks like mad fuckin' awesome intro and solo and the whole album is quite tough. I like it loads more than Babyshambles....
29th September 2006 09:33 AM
Factory Girl Pete Looks like Liza Minelli in that Sun pic. He looks terrible.

I just love "Down in Albion". For my money, its one of the best cds released in 2006, if not the best.

29th September 2006 12:12 PM
glencar He won't live as long as Liza Minelli though.
29th September 2006 01:04 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
glencar wrote:
He won't live as long as Liza Minelli though.

I should hook you up. You'll Love DIA, I just know it.

At least he didn't marry that plastic surgery victim that Liza is divorcing. Name Please?
29th September 2006 01:04 PM
glencar Miss David Gest? Yes, hook me up...
29th September 2006 01:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Gazza, Continental now has direct service from Belfast to Newark. MSG?

Its been going for a couple of years now, however Aer Lingus from Dublin is daily and FAR cheaper (cost me £200 in January, whereas the same flight from here was £360!)

Even though its now the Beacon and not MSG since you typed that, no chance I'm afraid. Too many other financial commitments at home, hardly any leave left, spent too much money on the Stones this year already (I saw them in 5 countries..lol), its a midweek show and its hard to justify going all that way just to hope to hear 2 or 3 different songs. Plus my wife would fucking kill me, I think. LOL

A couple of 'commando raids' into western Europe next summer is more feasible!
29th September 2006 01:13 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Its been going for a couple of years now, however Aer Lingus from Dublin is daily and FAR cheaper (cost me £200 in January, whereas the same flight from here was £360!)

Even though its now the Beacon and not MSG since you typed that, no chance I'm afraid. Too many other financial commitments at home, hardly any leave left, spent too much money on the Stones this year already (I saw them in 5 countries..lol), its a midweek show and its hard to justify going all that way just to hope to hear 2 or 3 different songs. Plus my wife would fucking kill me, I think. LOL

A couple of 'commando raids' into western Europe next summer is more feasible!

Yes, I will go to Europe myself next year if enough of these crazies do it too. I'd rather skip London as I've been there a lot recently & it's time to see something new. Spain/Eastern Europe would be nice.
29th September 2006 01:59 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Miss David Gest? Yes, hook me up...

LOL...no not that...er...him.

I should hookah you w/Babyshambles.
29th September 2006 02:02 PM
glencar Yes, the music. I can see now howe you thought I meant teh freak...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)