ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Tim (seersuckersuit)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Clintoon Flails At Mike Wallace's Punk Kid Pt. 2 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
27th September 2006 02:44 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:
It's silly to say who did worse...both f----d up. Bottom line, no one really understood or appreciated a very apparent threat.

This is a correct statement...and quite frankly, considering that none of the previous administrations put much of any thought into stopping the surge of islamafacism, I find it hard to be critical of what Bush is doing...I mean it ain't like Clinton or others left a game plan

I think that fact that there are not a bevy of alternative ideas coming from the democratic party about the containment of islamic extrimism tells you all you need to know...if they have the answer they should give it to us...if they have the answer and are just waiting to get elected to implement it, then damn them to hell
27th September 2006 02:45 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Blah blah blah.

I think we can all agree on THIS!

[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]

That bitch had better wipe down the counter
monkey_man
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I now find myself scrolling past words and stopping on hot chicks, and you?

Yeah baby!

pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
The fact that you, in your mind, feel like you gave Bush "a pass" on 9/11 tells me all I need to know about where you're coming from on this issue...you've made it quite clear that you feel like Clinton did ALL he could do

Actionable ideas! Clinton admin. did as much as they could do. It's in the 9/11 commision report. Bush admin. says it was not a plan, semantics... and 9/11 may or may not have happened in many different scenarios.
I really don't understand the comment about me not blaming this on Bush as well.
Tell me where I'm coming from...
Besides what I already now about my libertarian beliefs and that I disagree with Gearge's version of the Republican party and their policies...
I feel a certain way. I think we all do, to talk to me so condesecending, If I talked like that to oyu, you would be pissed.
27th September 2006 02:47 PM
glencar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

I knew someone would take it there. . .I was gonna go with Rosie but I figured Hilly was coming!

Well, it is a thread about her hubby so...
27th September 2006 02:48 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

The answer is in a question. how amny briefing were held by Bush concernig terorrist threats? answer is zero. clinton held daily briefings. All this pre-9/11...
Everything you are talking about after that is post 9/11, and isn't what I was talknig about. I'm broadennig the it. I was very direct about a a specific thing.
This is like you saying I wanted Musharraf overthrown, i never said that, you did, Maxy has mentioned, and it's been a topic, and it has been talked about in rhetorical questions in this thread.
Just like gitmo and other stuff youm entioned, how do they apply to pre-sept. 11th intel and briefings.
and your last paragraph, is insulting, I've not said one insulting thing to anyone who disagrees with me.
I'll ask a very simple question.
Do oyu think pakistans truce with Taliban warlords operatin in Pakistan threatens US national security.
Yes or no, agree or disagree.
hopefully we can keep this a friendly disagreement...
I'm really not in the mood to put anyone down just b/c they see this different from me, especially people I call friends!

Oh fuck...Clinton told jokes about Bin Laden over his morning coffee...that was about the sum of "daily briefing"...meanwhile, Binny's boys were renting apartments in Boca Raton, practicing on big planes and going to strip clubs

And I answered your question, which I found to be short-sighted in the answer you were undoubtedly anticipating
27th September 2006 02:48 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Not so easy being president is it?

It's not like he ran for the job, he took over in a coup.
He's a dictator, I have no pity for his job situation.
If he's ever elected into that office, I'll re-think this...

27th September 2006 02:50 PM
jb They rented in Delray..only 1 mile from me!!!!
27th September 2006 02:53 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Oh fuck...Clinton told jokes about Bin Laden over his morning coffee...that was about the sum of "daily briefing"...meanwhile, Binny's boys were renting apartments in Boca Raton, practicing on big planes and going to strip clubs

And I answered your question, which I found to be short-sighted in the answer you were undoubtedly anticipating

How do you know what I was anticiapting...
Can we have this debate without the condescending shit...
If you really feel i'm that stupid, then why are you even having what should be a friendly debate, among friends, with opposing views.
I'm not looking to win you over to my beliefs or put you down for yours. I'm listening to opposing views and getting 90% put down and the rest have been rhetorical replies, sometimes, but not always, unrelated to the orginal topic. WTF? Let's steer this ship before we have a stupid fight...
okay!
[Edited by pdog]
27th September 2006 03:03 PM
Fiji Joe pdog wrote:

"Actionable ideas! Clinton admin. did as much as they could do."

That's not true in the least...if it were, Bin Laden would have been dead...on multiple occasions...Clinton, in his pathological stupors has admitted as much...and comparing an administration with 8 years at the helm, and with 8 years of intel upon which to act to an admin in its 8 months is really like apples and oranges...

"9/11 may or may not have happened in many different scenarios"

It was going to happen...as I said, Binny's boys were already here, sitting in parks and seethin with hate

"Tell me where I'm coming from..."

I was referring to your position that Clinton did all he could...I don't think that's true in the least...I do not think he took the threat serisouly enough...but he's not alone in that regard

"to talk to me so condesecending, If I talked like that to you, you would be pissed"

Condescending vs. factually wrong...I ain't the only one taking a tone...I'm pissed as it is...can't you tell?...in any event, it will pass...cause I got Stones tix for Sunday and in that space, and at that time, every damn one of you can kiss my ass
27th September 2006 03:06 PM
Maxlugar If Al Gore had won the election, 9/11 would still have happened. It was being planned for years. No amount of handover the Clinton's might have given Bush was going to stop it. It was a sucker punch. I'm more concerened with short term and long term goals right now. I believe Bush has the right things in mind for both of them: Short term: Kill the terrorists in the field and not in our streets and long term: Encourge democracy in the Middle East so these people have a future that doesn't include a bomb belt. This second one will take over a decade, mind you and the hope is that at some point the people take matters into their own hands. For instance, Iraq, Afghanistan and Lebanon thriving under demcoracy to the point that the people of Saudi Arabia, Iran and Pakistan make the same happen for themselves. This is the Bush plan and I like it. We are losing very low numbers of soldiers compared to past wars and all it takes for long term success is the will to continue on and fight and be patient. I'll let whoever wants to continue this with me have the last word. Go.

I thank you all.
[Edited by Maxlugar]
27th September 2006 03:06 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

It's not like he ran for the job, he took over in a coup.
He's a dictator, I have no pity for his job situation.
If he's ever elected into that office, I'll re-think this...

Free elections in Pakistan would be a bad idea right now...democracy is only democracy if you have more than one occasion to vote

The civilized world needs to wake up to the fact that totalitarianism is in vogue...and that's not going to be good for our children
27th September 2006 03:09 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
pdog wrote:

"Actionable ideas! Clinton admin. did as much as they could do."

That's not true in the least...if it were, Bin Laden would have been dead...on multiple occasions...Clinton, in his pathological stupors has admitted as much...and comparing an administration with 8 years at the helm, and with 8 years of intel upon which to act to an admin in its 8 months is really like apples and oranges...

This is true. I think we've all seen how successful George has been once he put his mind to it.

Just wondering but do they throw out all the old intel stuff when new presidents come in and start from scratch?
27th September 2006 03:14 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

This is true. I think we've all seen how successful George has been once he put his mind to it.

Just wondering but do they throw out all the old intel stuff when new presidents come in and start from scratch?

What would you have done?...do?

Just asking?
27th September 2006 03:23 PM
jb The one area I think Bush's NSAteam could have picked up on was the reports of the hijackers practicing take-off procedures and not landing.
27th September 2006 03:25 PM
pdog
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I'll let whoever wants to continue this with me have the last word. Go.

I thank you all.
[Edited by Maxlugar]

The only thing that continues is our friendship, no terrorist can defeat that...
True!
Macky. I had The Stones play close to me in 1999, and didn't go. I hated that feeling...
You have my utmost empathy.
27th September 2006 03:26 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
every damn one of you can kiss my ass

Now that's the Fiji I know and love!
27th September 2006 03:32 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

What would you have done?...do?

Just asking?

? with ? ?

27th September 2006 03:34 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

How do you know what I was anticiapting...
Can we have this debate without the condescending shit...
If you really feel i'm that stupid, then why are you even having what should be a friendly debate, among friends, with opposing views.

Can we please not get squirelly here?...Please...you're reading a lot of things into my posts...If I thought you were stupid I would tell you...I have no problem telling you you're wrong so why would you think I would have a problem calling you stupid if that's what I thought?...just ask all the people I have called stupid...I have not called you stupid...and even if I did, you've posted with me long enough to know the difference between my prison like use of adjectives vs. my sincerity...I know you know this
27th September 2006 03:34 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

? with ? ?

With what it is you're bashing bush about...don't you even know anymore?
27th September 2006 03:39 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Can we please not get squirelly here?...Please...you're reading a lot of things into my posts...If I thought you were stupid I would tell you...I have no problem telling you you're wrong so why would you think I would have a problem calling you stupid if that's what I thought?...just ask all the people I have called stupid...I have not called you stupid...and even if I did, you've posted with me long enough to know the difference between my prison like use of adjectives vs. my sincerity...I know you know this

I really appreciate you clarifying this. In the moment things can seem otherwise.
As long as we agree to disagree and remain friends.
I sometimes forget we're both alpha males!
27th September 2006 03:43 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

I really appreciate you clarifying this. In the moment things can seem otherwise.
As long as we agree to disagree and remain friends.
I sometimes forget we're both alpha males!

And now is the time we bump chests and go back to our respective cribs and show the ladies who exactly it is that is the boss

27th September 2006 03:44 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

And now is the time we bump chests and go back to our respective cribs and show the ladies who exactly it is that is the boss

As long as we don't cross swords, it's all good!
27th September 2006 03:56 PM
Joey

Nanky ?!

27th September 2006 04:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot Why do you keep scrolling past words and stop at the hot chicks?

Because you have your priorities straight. You know what is REALLY important.

THIS is what is REALLY important....

27th September 2006 04:41 PM
pdog yummy...
27th September 2006 05:00 PM
glencar
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
If Al Gore had won the election, 9/11 would still have happened. It was being planned for years. No amount of handover the Clinton's might have given Bush was going to stop it. It was a sucker punch. I'm more concerened with short term and long term goals right now. I believe Bush has the right things in mind for both of them: Short term: Kill the terrorists in the field and not in our streets and long term: Encourge democracy in the Middle East so these people have a future that doesn't include a bomb belt. This second one will take over a decade, mind you and the hope is that at some point the people take matters into their own hands. For instance, Iraq, Afghanistan and Lebanon thriving under demcoracy to the point that the people of Saudi Arabia, Iran and Pakistan make the same happen for themselves. This is the Bush plan and I like it. We are losing very low numbers of soldiers compared to past wars and all it takes for long term success is the will to continue on and fight and be patient. I'll let whoever wants to continue this with me have the last word. Go.

I thank you all.
[Edited by Maxlugar]

No, we thank you, Maxy. That is one of the best political posts ever. I hope some of the naysayers think it over.
27th September 2006 05:01 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
No, we thank you, Maxy. That is one of the best political posts ever. I hope some of the naysayers think it over.

It was slightly better when I posted it some two years ago
27th September 2006 05:02 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
The one area I think Bush's NSAteam could have picked up on was the reports of the hijackers practicing take-off procedures and not landing.

I think you need to email Jamie Gorelick about this. It was her fault.
27th September 2006 05:03 PM
glencar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

It was slightly better when I posted it some two years ago

You've always been way ahead of the curve. Some of us forget that occasionally much to our chagrin. You really do deserve better than Wichita/Omaha/wherever. Come to AC!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)